Help Please

deon

Hello i am wondering if anyone could maybe help me ,For the pasttwo day ihave not been ableto get on this site and some other thai sites .

Then today i tried for the first time with mozzilla ,and i was able to search the sites .Though when i use my normal internet explorer .

all i would get is an error message could not find this file. its a temp file and its a text file (appocompat) sorry i cant be muchmore help just i am not good with pc at all .

Edited by deon

deon - "Appcompat.txt" is a file containing information about an error which has occurred while using Internet Explorer (IE) and (if you consent) is transmitted to Microsoft for their inspection and future debugging use. "Appcompat.txt" is not the problem. It only contains information about the problem.

There could be many reasons for this error being generated. (I often encounter it on several of Sony's technical sites.) First, open IE and click on TOOLS>INTERNET OPTIONS. Under the "Security" tab, highlight each item pictured, and check they are set to "Default". Next click the "Advanced" tab and then click the "Restore Defaults" button. Close IE completely. Reopen IE and surf to the website your were having problems opening. If problem persists, run an antivirus/spyware scan of your whole system.

Now, if you do not feel confident enough to go further into the system, I would suggest you seek assistance from a friend whom you feel has more computer experience.

If you wish to proceed on your own, try the following:

(1) If you are running WindowsXP (or ME) try "Restoring" the system back to a date prior to your encountering said problem. (See Help file for details if your unfamiliar with this "Restore" procedure.)

(2) If "Restore" doesn't work, go into the control panel, click on "Add/Remove Programs". Locate Internet Explorer. Click remove. In next window which appears, select REPAIR and click OK. IE will check and repair (replace) any damaged files associated with IE.

Post back your findings/results.

waldwolf

Edited by waldwolf

Waldwolf thanks for all the info ,and for all the help, we tried the fist thing you said and that did not workso everything is still the same but thanks for all the help anyway .

.Also using windows explorer is fine to get to this site just like mozzila is , it just seem to be the internet explorer which is not .

deon - What version of Internet Explorer (IE) are you using?

If you are running WindowsXP and upgraded from IE6 to IE7 (or you're running Windows Vista) then this problem can occur because the website in question has not been upgraded correctly, and only recognizes IE6 or earlier versions.

A website examines something called the UAS (User Agent String), then either blocks the browser completely (if it does not recognize the version), or serves up an inappropriate page which will not work in the version of web browser you are using.

To correct this particular problem with IE7, it will be necessary to either:

(1) if you upgraded from IE6 to IE7, revert back to IE6 by uninstalling IE7

-or-

(2)edit the Registry to make it appear to the sites you are visiting, that you are running IE6 and not IE7.

As most people are (rightly) reluctant to edit the Registry, Microsoft has released a small utility (172KB) which will change the Registry keys to "fool" the website into thinking your running IE6, not IE7.

Info & Download: here

Again, if you are not comfortable doing any of the above, find a knowledgeable friend to help you.

waldwolf

• 2 weeks later...

Waldwolf , i did a avg scan thye other day and it found some file ,which is strange.As when i usedavg b4 it did not find it anyways everythingis working fine now .So onceagain i would just like to thank you for your time and help ty very much .