Brexit brinkmanship: Johnson says prepare for no-deal, cancels trade talks

rooster59

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

Another glowing example of why we left,how many quangos did it take before that ruling?well done davey boy we,ll make a brexiteer of you yet,( that is if the eu don,t beat us to it.

Just admitting "Scotch whiskey "comes from Scotland.....any other one can not bear that "Scotch " in front ,surely not the English ...????....whiskey is  the type name for the drink....that name is free to use..."Pom's whiskey "can be used i would say ,by the English brewers ????

That is not difficult to understand and so on with many other local products with protected names ...same as emmenthaler  cheese is original from Switzerland ...but France has it too but call it Emm.french version ...even australia makes Emmentaler type cheese ....i buy him in Big C .....taste is same type but not real identical .

As long indication of food products is copied i have no problem with , as long indication is on the package from who ever made it so i know it is not the genuine one i can decide to buy or not .

BTW  brexiteers do not fear we should start copy Marmite .....????

• Like 2

1 minute ago, david555 said:

Just admitting "Scotch whiskey "comes from Scotland.....any other one can not bear that "Scotch " in front ,surely not the English ...????....whiskey is  the type name for the drink....that name is free to use..."Pom's whiskey "can be used i would say ,by the English brewers ????

That is not difficult to understand and so on with many other local products with protected names ...same as emmenthaler  cheese is original from Switzerland ...but France has it too but call it Emm.french version ...even australia makes Emmentaler type cheese ....i buy him in Big C .....taste is same type but not real identical .

As long indication of food products is copied i have no problem with , as long indication is on the package from who ever made it so i know it is not the genuine one i can decide to buy or not .

BTW  brexiteers do not fear we should start copy Marmite .....????

Whisky in the jar....thin lizzee,also covered by metallica.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, kingdong said:

behind my country? You having a bubble?you,ve spent the last couple of years slagging it off and siding with the eu at every opportunity.

Once again you equate being anti Brexit with being anti Brit.

You really need to stop that. It helps no-one and just causes further division. 

Try a different approach. Convince us all why Brexit is a good idea so we can all get behind it.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Try a different approach. Convince us all why Brexit is a good idea so we can all get behind it.

Ok,brexit is a fact,its happening,and all the whingeing in the world isn't going to stop it,dosen,t appear that you,ve grasped the current financial implications of the covid pandemic,the world is currently living in a fools paradise of " easy credit "which isn,t going to last forever then the proverbial piper must be paid the result of which will be worldwide depression which will rival the one in the 30s and guess what happened ?ww 2. In the short term property prices will plummet,they,ll be no more "easy credit " and the job losses are going to be horrendus crime will rocket,and if i was biden i,d be more worried about all the blm,antifas,and crackers all kicking off than an eu trade agreement,well could go on,but thats enough for now.have a nice day

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Hark at her,ever heard the expression, " the pot calling the kettle black "?

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Therein lies the problem. Us Remainers cannot see the benefits of Brexit and you Brexiteers cannot list any either.

Brexit is done, so you, and the football guy will just have to wait and see how it pans out, won't you, instead of daily bleating......????

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

In what way is pointing out you Brexiteers cannot list any benefits of Brexit bleating?

Its simply stating a fact. 

They perhaps get a little jaded at pointing them out to you on a daily basis, the reasons that have been given to you have not changed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

And if the country is still a shambles after 5 years will join the growing calls to rejoin the EU?

You are saying the country is in a shambles, there you go again, what shambles....?

You go on and on about Scottish Independence, and how wonderful it will be, but the fact is, you don't know...????

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, transam said:

You are saying the country is in a shambles, there you go again, what shambles....?

You go on and on about Scottish Independence, and how wonderful it will be, but the fact is, you don't know...????

Are you really claiming the UK is in a good state at the moment? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

I haven't claimed anything, it's you with your ant-British thoughts that are taking you round and round in circles, but hey, think we are used to that by now....????

Anyhoooo, off out to a party now, see you tomorrow.....????..................???? 

1 hour ago, Tofer said:

Nobody has to convince you of anything, it's not just an "idea" it's reality - IT HAPPENED!

About time you, and all the other remainers, get used to the idea, and get in step, on board, behind it, or whatever.... But for goodness sake, stop whining about something you cannot change, look for the positives and move on with your life.

If you have convinced yourself that Britain will be anything less than a great independent nation again, you're obviously deluding yourself with, what appears to be, a very depressing and unrealistic outlook. 

Nobody is suggesting it will be a smooth ride, but neither will it be the disaster remainers make out. Change is a good thing and the challenges will be invigorating.

Oddball said it best in the Dirty Dozen - "what's with all these negative vibes". Sorry I've no idea how to attach the movie clip.

Great movie - here you go - take it away Oddball:

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Have you not heard of the Covid 19 pandemic. EU is not in a good state either at this time. But, of course, in your prejudiced and depressing eyes, it will all be the fault of Brexit which, by the way, doesn't take full effect until 31/12/20.

1 hour ago, transam said:

Brexit is done, so you, and the football guy will just have to wait and see how it pans out, won't you, instead of daily bleating......????

Rookiescot needs some of 7by7's crystal balls, I think!

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Great movie - here you go - take it away Oddball:

Thanks Nauseus, gave me a good laugh again, badly needed on this post. Hope I didn't mislead you with the incorrect movie - Kelly's Heroes is the one.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, kingdong said:

Whisky in the jar....thin lizzee,also covered by metallica.

Wrong.

It's 'Whiskey in the Jar.' A traditional Irish folk song.

Scotch whisky does not have the 'e;' even if distilled outside Scotland. Irish whiskey and all other whiskies do.

• Like 2