Thai tourism: PM promises to bring "new dimension and long lasting effects" to Phuket, spokesman

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

A spokesman for the Thai prime minister offered a glowing assessment of Prayut Chan-ocha's vision for the future of Thai tourism in Phuket.

Did he   happen to have lovely  new  clothes  despite being  stark naked  also?

Edited by bodga

If I read this correct then the PM does not want tourists !

Medical hub, seminars .... I think this is the real plan.

It would be in line with agenda 2030 from the UN which does not want mass tourism anymore due to climate change issues !!!

Seem the PM is a pawn of the UN and WHO as all his actions clearly show !!!

Long lasting changes it will be - just not what the people think it will be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

There were plenty of buzzwords about the PM's vision according to Anucha. He mentioned a "new dimension", "long lasting changes" and adjustments so that any future problems could be mitigated. 

More hot air.

• Like 1

Went to phuket the first time in 81, Rawai was busier than Patong. The last time I went in 93. Could not believe my eyes. Even for free I don't see why I should go back there, perfect example about how tourism can destroy.

They had the chance to start from zero again after the tsunami and correct their mistakes. They chose not to do that.

Edited by SomchaiCNX
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Went to phuket the first time in 81, Rawai was busier than Patong. The last time I went in 93. Could not believe my eyes. Even for free I don't see why I should go back there, perfect example about how tourism can destroy.

They had the chance to start from zero again after the tsunami and correct their mistakes. They chose not to do that.

I first went there in 84. You are right Patong really kicked on in the early 80s.

If you are not worried about money/prices it Is very nice. If you are a budget traveller it is ordinary.

Since you were there last tens of millions of tourists have enjoyed it, spending billions, employing hundreds of thousands and making many Phuket people multi millionaires. Phuket is a huge success story for many, especially land owners.
It is the richest province in Thailand and also has the highest minimum wage. 

There were improvements after the tsunami. I agree it was better with less people, but I can not complain as I was one of those people crowding it up over the last five decades including yesterday when Prayuts motorcade was going through.

Parts of it has been ruined but most of it is still a naturally beautiful place.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kildonan said:

I remember the Govt claim that "Phuket was going to be the IT hub of Asia",,,,,, still waiting,,,,,,, now approx 10 years,,,, ???????????????? 

Probably more than 10 years ago, there was an English company who setup shop here doing some kind of IT business, for various reasons they shut up shop and left for Malaysia 

14 hours ago, brain150 said:

Seem the PM is a pawn of the UN and WHO as all his actions clearly show !!!

The Hero-General doesn’t know who is WHO....and U and N are just a coupe more of those confusing English letters.

He doesn’t need to try and think (which always makes his head hurt)….he takes his orders directly from Supreme Headquarters in Beijing.....and the Chinese have 'long-lasting' plans for their 'new dimension' of Phuket.

Much easier to just do what the bosses say.....and Mr. Xi always knows best.

Edited by Hayduke

11 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

I first went there in 84. You are right Patong really kicked on in the early 80s.

If you are not worried about money/prices it Is very nice. If you are a budget traveller it is ordinary.

Since you were there last tens of millions of tourists have enjoyed it, spending billions, employing hundreds of thousands and making many Phuket people multi millionaires. Phuket is a huge success story for many, especially land owners.
It is the richest province in Thailand and also has the highest minimum wage. 

There were improvements after the tsunami. I agree it was better with less people, but I can not complain as I was one of those people crowding it up over the last five decades including yesterday when Prayuts motorcade was going through.

Parts of it has been ruined but most of it is still a naturally beautiful place.

You are probably right, there still must be some nice places around but Phuket is not my cup tea. Went to Kho Samui instead in 86, probably will not like that also now, 34 years later.