'Nothing's going to stop' transition of power in U.S., Biden says

webfact

27 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

It's not cricket is it?

By the way, is Baseball what we call "rounders"? The girls used to play it when I was at school.

????????

It is, but when the chaps play they have to wear their jim-jams..

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, riclag said:

It not over buddy ,its being contested,you better deal with it!

"As all of these contested elections show, eventually these elections have been resolved, and the loser has stepped aside. But how the outcome is resolved can very quickly fall into a legal gray area.

“The Constitution does not tell you what should happen if there are disputed returns in a presidential election,” says Foner". 

https://time.com/5903361/contested-election-history/

The insistence from you will end on:

December 14, 2020: Electors Vote in Their States

Monday after the second Wednesday in December of presidential election years is set (3 U.S.C. §7) as the date on which the electors meet and vote. In 2020, the meeting is on December 14.

You make Independents like myself embarrassed. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Monday after the second Wednesday in December of presidential election years is set (3 U.S.C. §7) as the date on which the electors meet and vote. In 2020, the meeting is on December 14.

Understood. But effectively, it's over.  Nobody other than trolls and hardcore Trump supports will argue against this. Oh, and Trump. 

2 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I suspect that the current legal antics are designed to ensure that results are not certified by that date. I have heard suggested that, these being somewhat uncharted waters, some Governors will assume the responsibility of either directing their States voters as to how to vote, or replacing them with their own appointees, or, as their State results are not certified, decide that their States electors will not vote; any of these scenarios would sway the Electoral College results in Mr Trumps favour

Maybe someone with a deeper knowledge of US constitutional matters would care to comment?

1 hour ago, Pique Dard said:

usa = banana republic. andersson cooper (cnn) talking about the transfer of power, said  what is happening right now in the usa  reminds him of the drc-kinshasa in central africa when the infamous dictator mobutu was in way to loose power. quite telling

It certainly strikes one as being straight out of Robert Gabriel Mugabe's playbook.

What a terrible thing to be happening in the United States of America.

• Thanks 1

Another right-wing extremist nutjob is arrested for allegedly wanting to pipe bomb protesters, kill Democrats in general and people celebrating President-elect Joe Biden's election victory, and blow up the FBI building, the FBI says....

Man threatened to blow up people celebrating Biden victory, FBI building, prosecutors say

Brian Maiorana, 54, of Staten Island allegedly posted threats on social media before and after the election calling for violence, made anti-Semitic threats toward Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., and threatened to "blow up the FBI building for real."

In October, Maiorana posted that "pipe bombs need to be thrown into these mobs of potentially non violent violent protesters," and, last Thursday, that "the carnage needs to come in the form of extermination of anyone that claims to be Democrat … as well as their family members," the complaint says.

Maiorana also allegedly posted a call to action Sunday for people to kill those in the crowds that had gathered after Democrat Joe Biden was forecast to win the election. 

"All right thinking people need to hit the streets while these scumbags are celebrating and start blowing them away," Maiorana's post read, according to the complaint.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/11/11/nyc-man-brian-maiorana-threatened-election-violence-against-democrats/6247339002/

In making his various threats, according to the USA Today article, this guy -- who cited a book written by the founder of a neo-Nazi group -- also referenced President Trump's unfounded claims about fraud in the presidential election.

Authorities found a gun in his home, he is a registered sex offender, had purchased parts for a semiautomatic handgun recently, and previously bought a crossbow, combat boots and military patches.

Pretty much ticks all the boxes. What else could this guy possibly have had on his nutjob checklist?

And then the article quotes the FBI Assistant Director in Charge as saying this guys threats were "disturbing and far outside of acceptable norms, but they also violated federal law."  Really???  Far outside of acceptable norms???

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, riclag said:

Statistically but not officially! Nobody can dismiss that ! Its like American Baseball, biden could score 20 runs in the first inning and all the fans go home only to find after they get home  the final official  score after a complete game of  9 innings has changed 

Now that’s truly grasping at straws lol on a more serious note msm ( General Mcaffe) and others who’s business is tracking thease kind of failed wanna be dictators say trumps firings at the pentagon have the hallmarks of a attempted coup in the making much more serious than a man baby having a hissey fit let’s hope they are wrong 

8 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I suspect that the current legal antics are designed to ensure that results are not certified by that date. I have heard suggested that, these being somewhat uncharted waters, some Governors will assume the responsibility of either directing their States voters as to how to vote, or replacing them with their own appointees, or, as their State results are not certified, decide that their States electors will not vote; any of these scenarios would sway the Electoral College results in Mr Trumps favour

Maybe someone with a deeper knowledge of US constitutional matters would care to comment?

All of the suits still remaining have been contacted. Not a single one have merit. They are thrown out in a matter of hours. The idea of blocking the EC is just another day at the office for trump conspiracies. 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2020 at 6:15 AM, TopDeadSenter said:

Trump being declared the winner after all legal votes are counted would stop it. 

Secretary of State Pompeo said yesterday "There will be a smooth transition to a second Trump administration". 

Who is right? Who is wrong? No idea, but it seems prudent to wait for official confirmation before getting too carried away.

No idea? 

Seriously? 

Personally speaking, I have a pretty good idea how it will turn out. 

As for Pompeo, like Trump often does when folks mistakenly take him seriously, he was making a joke. I think Pompeo was still slightly giddy from his morning bleach injection though. 

I'm not doing the bleach thing yet because I'm prudently waiting for official confirmation of its efficacy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Thailand said:

America, get your act together this whole farce is a huge  embarrassment as Trump and his remaining minions take the p out of the electorate.

President Elect Biden, no pardon for Trump, let him stew in whatever is coming to him.

Anyway,fun to watch, better than a lof of other fiction currently on thr TV.

Excuse me, but Americans did get their act together. 

It's the lunatic fringe, unfortunately including the current president and his enablers, that need some intense reality therapy. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, riclag said:

Statistically but not officially! Nobody can dismiss that ! Its like American Baseball, biden could score 20 runs in the first inning and all the fans go home only to find after they get home  the final official  score after a complete game of  9 innings has changed 

Hope springs eternal, but delusion just makes the fall harder. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

No idea? 

Seriously? 

Personally speaking, I have a pretty good idea how it will turn out. 

As for Pompeo, like Trump often does when folks mistakenly take him seriously, he was making a joke. I think Pompeo was still slightly giddy from his morning bleach injection though. 

I'm not doing the bleach thing yet because I'm prudently waiting for official confirmation of its efficacy. 

Donald Trump did not order anyone to inject bleach. I have had enough of the intentionally false and misleading posts on here from the usual quarter for one day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

No it's not like baseball [American or not- the rules are the same everywhere]-the votes show Biden won and and the few percentage points waiting to come in won't change the current situation.

trump lost. Deal with it.

He is dealing with it the way he has been led to believe is effective. This is part of the sickness Trump has inflicted on America. 

If one wants to comment on this forum thread in support of trump's current behavior the options are severely limited.  

Each person has a different way of dealing with grief and loss, but denial is one of the most common. 

7 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Donald Trump did not order anyone to inject bleach. I have had enough of the intentionally false and misleading posts on here from the usual quarter for one day. 

You're correct. He merely proposed injecting disinfectant. Hey, his uncle was a scientist!

38 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Understood. Enjoy your day! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

It certainly strikes one as being straight out of Robert Gabriel Mugabe's playbook.

What a terrible thing to be happening in the United States of America.

Actually the terrible thing happened 4 years ago. What's happening now is a good thing. Lancing a boil can be temporarily painful but necessary to heal. 

• Haha 1