Extension of stay at CW, based on wife/kids

I entered Bangkok 25 July, on a non o family visa based on my 2 children. Left quaranten 9 August, and did my Tm30 report the same day. Got married in September. Me and my wife went to CW for extension of stay in October:

Submitted two batches of documents, and 1900B fee:

1. Tm7
2. Copy of marrige certificate( didn't need any KR 2 from ampoe since we recently got married)
3. Copy of passport, visa, arrivalstamp, Tm6. 
4. Copy of wife's ID card
5. Copy of wife's house registration
6. Copies of kids birth certificates
7. Copies of kids house registration
8. Copy of bank book update and confirmation letter, issued on the same day as when submitting my application. 
9. Copy of landlord ID 
10. Copy of landlord house registration
11. Copy of rental contract
12. Copy of condo ownership
13. Passport photos
14. Family photos outside appartment+in every room, totalt 6 pictures printed on an A4 paper. 
15. Map to our recidence

Only issue was they asked for copies of my Tm30, so we had to go downstairs to make copies. 

We went back to CW after 1 month consideration, no homevisit during that period. I updated my bank book the day before(+2 copies), that was accepted. No issues. 

The first 90 day report has to be done at an immigration office, then one can use online reporting. 

Some other thoughts:

Was afraid it might be hard to find a parking space, had problem there in the past, but there were plenty when we arrived at 8.30, both days. 

Bangkok Bank at CW opens at 9.00 (maybe all banks do? ), better get a queue ticket to immigration first, to save some time. Confirmation letter cost 100B. 

If the queue to immigration is long, one can scan the QR code on the ticket and follow the queue progression online at some cafe. 

Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, although I hope I never have to do it again. As soon as the boarders reopens, I'll leave Thailand every 3 months, just as I always done in the past. 

• Like 1

I was in a similar position, but haven't left since last year when I got my Non-O Multi Entry from Ho Chi Min. 

All a bit of a polava doing it this way, small forests have disappeared, what with number of bits of photocopied paper required!

I much prefer leaving the country every 90 days, so much easier and hassle free! No re-entry permits needed when you take a holiday, no 90 day reporting, no visits to Immigration, no waiting around, no annual visits etc etc.

You make it sound as though you showed the "money in the bank" when you went BACK to Immigration AFTER the 1 month consideration? Is that correct? I showed it at the extension application stage. Or do you have to do it again when you go back?

10 hours ago, falang1969 said:

You make it sound as though you showed the "money in the bank" when you went BACK to Immigration AFTER the 1 month consideration?

That correct at many offices. Chaeng Wattana certainly requires you to update your bank book on the day you return to prove the 400k baht is still in the bank.

On 11/17/2020 at 7:38 AM, ubonjoe said:

That correct at many offices. Chaeng Wattana certainly requires you to update your bank book on the day you return to prove the 400k baht is still in the bank.

No problem, as the 400k won't ever move from my account, but means I need to take a visit to the bank (yet again) for yet more paper in CM. Don't understand why you can't just show them the balance on your phone online banking and then they tick a box to say they've seen it? 

On 11/15/2020 at 3:55 PM, RotBenz8888 said:

I entered Bangkok 25 July, on a non o family visa based on my 2 children. Left quaranten 9 August, and did my Tm30 report the same day. Got married in September. Me and my wife went to CW for extension of stay in October:

Extension of stay based on wife or children?

If based on marriage then did they require for the money to be in the bank for 2 full months?

12 hours ago, falang1969 said:

Don't understand why you can't just show them the balance on your phone online banking and then they tick a box to say they've seen it? 

I believe they want some paperwork to retain in their 'files'.... which must be huge!

On 11/21/2020 at 10:46 PM, unheard said:

Extension of stay based on wife or children?

If based on marriage then did they require for the money to be in the bank for 2 full months?

I applied with both marrige and birth certificates, but my passport only got stamped with 'Thai Wife' . I had 400k seasoned in Bkk Bank for exactly 2 months. 

On 11/16/2020 at 8:53 PM, falang1969 said:

You make it sound as though you showed the "money in the bank" when you went BACK to Immigration AFTER the 1 month consideration? Is that correct? I showed it at the extension application stage. Or do you have to do it again when you go back?

Yes, when I applied, the immigration officer told me to bring an updated bank book plus a copy, after the 1 month ' under consiseration' period. 

Bangkok Bank at CW opens at 9.00 (maybe all banks do? ), better get a queue ticket to immigration first, to save some time. Confirmation letter cost 100B. 

You sure about that opening time.  It's been 8:30am like the other banks in the building for years.  In mid Sep I got my bank letter from the Krungsri branch which is right next door to the Bangkok Bank branch.  Both branches opened at 8:30am. 

image.png.3b3a74f748e06f9b8c1af9869309fc4c.png

Edited by Pib