Biden advisers urge immediate COVID-19 action as infections mount

webfact

1 hour ago, Credo said:

The governor of North Dakota has implemented a mask mandate.  It's about as Republican as it gets.   Apparently, when reality meets politics, reality wins.

They have also had to allow medical personnel who are Covid positive but asymptomatic to keep working.  

https://apnews.com/article/bismarck-north-dakota-coronavirus-pandemic-45788d9dfaae23c1db8125088dfa242b

A bit late,eh? They are being overwhelmed now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

A bit late,eh? They are being overwhelmed now.

Yes, but better late than never.   The Nurses Association is not too happy about being told to work when you're contagious.  I suspect that also presents a further hazard for other non-infected medical providers.  

11 minutes ago, Credo said:

Yes, but better late than never.   The Nurses Association is not too happy about being told to work when you're contagious.  I suspect that also presents a further hazard for other non-infected medical providers.  

Wow! That's crazy. Listening to the governor of Ohio saying the number of hospitalizations has tripped in just the past few weeks. He's ordered officers to now go out and enforce the mask mandate. Sadly, many are ignoring it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Wow! That's crazy. Listening to the governor of Ohio saying the number of hospitalizations has tripped in just the past few weeks. He's ordered officers to now go out and enforce the mask mandate. Sadly, many are ignoring it.

What's the point...it's all a hoax.....no worse than the flu...it'll be gone in a couple of weeks....masks...pfft.

Edited by Surelynot
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Is there a possible relation between the election results and the Corona cases in the US ?

Trump held rallies in a lot of states that later became hotspots ...?

Election results :

election results .jpg

and Corona cases :

1200px-COVID-19_outbreak_USA_per_capita_cases_map.svg.png

Not only republican states in general, but lower population densities (and lower IQ's?)

Masks do work, but the US is really a lost cause.
Example 1: I saw a video in a planr where everybody wore masks. But 1. no social distancing, the plane is packed. 2. Eating is allowed. 3. People thought it was a good idea to lower their mask when talking.
Example 2: People think it's safe to protest or celebrate in large crowds with masks. News flash: it's not even if masks are worn at all times. Again, I've seen countless videos where people take down their masks to shout whatever they feel, or even drink from the same bottle, then put their mask back on. Safety first!

5 minutes ago, SymS said:

Masks do work, but the US is really a lost cause.
Example 1: I saw a video in a planr where everybody wore masks. But 1. no social distancing, the plane is packed. 2. Eating is allowed. 3. People thought it was a good idea to lower their mask when talking.
Example 2: People think it's safe to protest or celebrate in large crowds with masks. News flash: it's not even if masks are worn at all times. Again, I've seen countless videos where people take down their masks to shout whatever they feel, or even drink from the same bottle, then put their mask back on. Safety first!

It may not be as safe but it is safer. And epidemologists have noted that even in crowds where social disacing rules are not pbserved masks make a real difference

What is the rightwing obsession with masks?.....so there are doubts about their efficacy, maybe they don't provide any protection, maybe they do?........but why take the chance?.....Just wear one......it's a piece cloth across your mouth and nose....IT MIGHT JUST SAVE YOUR LIFE........Oh!.....forgot...they are Trump supporters.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Credo said:

Unless there is some sort of law that can force people to work while sick, I can't see nurses working while ill unless they choose to do so. Perhaps they are nurses that tested positive but have zero symptoms.

They would probably segregate positive nurses to work in specific wards and no non infected nurses in them, IMO.

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:

Be poetic if Trump was charged with culpable homicide for his handling of the pandemic and his refusal to smooth the transition to the incoming Biden administration.

I am hoping that a kind of Truth and Reconciliation Commission will be assembled like in South Africa to look into the malfeasance and gross mishandling of the pandemic and hold Trump accountable for human rights violation. I wanted to reference to the Nuremberg trials but that may be the extreme. The commission should also look at how to reconcile the deeply divided nation brought upon by Trump's highly divisive 4 years dictatorial tenure. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Surelynot said:

What is the rightwing obsession with masks?.....so there are doubts about their efficacy, maybe they don't provide any protection, maybe they do?........but why take the chance?.....Just wear one......it's a piece cloth across your mouth and nose....IT MIGHT JUST SAVE YOUR LIFE........Oh!.....forgot...they are Trump supporters.

There are no longer any doubts about their efficacy. Basically this is down to Trump and his penchant for scientific denialism.

• Like 2

This Republican president want to break the record of the Democratic president, Roosevelt, for the number of deaths during his administration.  Roosevelt needed 4 years and two terms to reach that, Trump will do it in 3/4 of a  year, one term.  as of March 31, 1946 there were an estimated 286,959 dead. see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_military_casualties_of_war#:~:text=As of June 2018 total of US World,Wounded as 103%2C 284 and MIA as 8%2C177. 

Covid-19: 249.730 per 16 Nov '20 

Edited by puipuitom

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot, whose stay-at-home restrictions begin on Monday, said as many as 1,000 city residents were projected to die without further steps.

Thank the stars for Lori.  She understands that drastic measures are needed including lockdowns, restriction of movement, business closures, and if need be jailing the crazies who refuse to wear masks, social distance, and who insist having illegal gatherings for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  People just need to learn to stay home for the betterment of the world and anyway it reduces the carbon footprint Chicago and helps the great lakes heal from excess carbon emissions.