Jump to content

Opinion: Migrant workers are not just a dispensable economic cog but living, breathing humans


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

but living, breathing humans

Yeah, living, breathing humans, and uncontrolled disease carrying humans that Thailand dose not need right now...

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Although Thailand relies on the labor of these migrant workers to keep our country running, it constantly ignores their existence while also denying them rights to labor protection, safety, and health.

So do something.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ventenio said:

The system creates this dehumanization.   Like in America, people come in illegally, work for nothing, abused, raped, killed, and it's because the system won't allow them to come in any other way.  The system calls them "illegals" for a reason, to make them less of a human.  You want to change things?  Bring them in legally, pay them properly, and get them all the necessary paperwork. Why not?  money is made and they have leverage over these workers if they step out of line.  Power and money....that's not going away soon.  

What i dont get is why are migrants coming to work in Thailand, with Thai people starving surely Thais must be able to do anything, any job to make ends meet

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

They (mostly Burmese) willingly -and knowingly- break this country's immigration and sanitation laws, and expose others to the deadly viruses they carry. This disrupts the economy  and so negates their 'cog' effect. It ruins Thailand's reputation, their host nation, which has been admirable when it comes to Pandemic control ! We were nearly out of the worst, and now it starts again.

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Migrant workers are not just a dispensable economic cog but living, breathing humans

The people/the system Made the migrant workers that way ,they know that the Poor migrants will work for SFA and the people who employ them abuse that.The Government should let them work Legally on a Minimum wage the same as the minimum wage for Thais . Down here there are not many Thais working as Labourers in the building industry they don't like working ,the ones that are there are mostly Foreman and Bludgers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, meinphuket said:

They (mostly Burmese) willingly -and knowingly- break this country's immigration and sanitation laws, and expose others to the deadly viruses they carry. This disrupts the economy  and so negates their 'cog' effect. It ruins Thailand's reputation, their host nation, which has been admirable when it comes to Pandemic control ! We were nearly out of the worst, and now it starts again.

You seem like just the kind of person who will benefit from an investment I can share with you. But you have to invest quickly before other people know my secret. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Darksidedude said:

What i dont get is why are migrants coming to work in Thailand, with Thai people starving surely Thais must be able to do anything, any job to make ends meet

Where are these starving Thais?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...