Why 14 days quarantine is actually 16 days - 15 nights ?

Hi , does anybody knows if Thailand has a different way of counting 14 quarantine days? I cannot find anywhere information on Thailand . Since corona we had to stay in self isolation twice : 14 days in Ukraine and 10 days in United Kingdom- both countries count 14 days by 24 hours ( or 10 by 24 hrs ) from the time you enter the country . Also find some information on Australian and NZ quarantine it’s could be even couple of hours less then full 14 by 24 ( the quarantine is ends on day 14 th mid- day no matter what time you arrived into country as long as it before midnight)  Here is however in Thailand 14 days in actually 16 days ( 15 nights ) that’s what ASQ hotels package is . I have written to Thai embassy - they said: quarantine is  14 days ? Not 16 or 15 ?!!! What is going on ? When actually I can leave ASQ facilities?

2 minutes ago, Farma said:

Its actually 15 nights 16 days. The arrival day/night is not counted as quarantine. I can check out at 0600 on day 16.

If you can check out on day 16 at 6am, that mean it has been 15 days

21 minutes ago, Tanya Shearn said:

Exactly, it’s 15 days in fact . But in official Thai embassy and MFO site - 14 days . 🤔

For them a day is a 24 hour period starting and ending at midnight.  The hours before on arrival and after on departure don't count.  Simples.  You might get lucky and arrive at 23:50 and leave at 06:00, in which case your 15th "day" would only be 06h10m.

Its to ensure you have quarantined for 14 whole days (from 00hr to 24hrs) 

Thus: 

image.png.475f15976d92cc7e114ab86cb7fa254e.png

Your check in day is not counted as a quarantine day regardless of whether you arrive at 2am or 11pm. 

You can check out at any time, theoretically at 1am if you wanted to, if the hotel has the paperwork ready. 

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its to ensure you have quarantined for 14 whole days (from 00hr to 24hrs) 

Thus: 

image.png.475f15976d92cc7e114ab86cb7fa254e.png

Your check in day is not counted as a quarantine day regardless of whether you arrive at 2am or 11pm. 

You can check out at any time, theoretically at 1am if you wanted to, if the hotel has the paperwork ready. 

Many Thanks 😊 

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

20 hours ago, 7fish said:

Hi. can anyone advise, do I still need to use a recommended hotel to quarantine on arrival if I have my own apartment in Phuket? I would be the sole resident.  Thanks

Under current regulations you you have to Quarantine at an ASQ (Alternate State Quarantine) Hotel. 

You will not be permitted to board a flight to Thailand without an ASQ Booking - and conformation documents from the hotel. 

----

Regardless of whether or not people have their own place, it's clear the Thai government does not trust people to quarantine in their own homes without breaking isolation protocols. Some people just can’t follow the rules and consequently ruin it for everyone else who would. 

Thus: The a ‘policed system’ (or at the very least monitored system) is required to ensure people who are supposed to be quarantining do not enter the general public until quarantine is complete. 

Archived