Windows & Balconies......

Would like those who have stayed in quarantine Hotels in Bangkok  where they can confirm that they can 

either open a window fully and/or have unrestricted use of a balcony as I do not relish two weeks of A/C without natural air flow.

Many thanks

Best thing you can do is to confirm this with the hotel with a phone call.

Some told me the balcony is fully accessible from day 0, other told me that it is open but "only for 20 centimeters"...which i have no idea what it means, probably can just open the window a little.

On thaiest.com you can find a list of all ASQ with a balcony, so you can start your search from there as it filters out ASQ that just don't have balcony

Check my post about Silver Palm, with their flyer embedded.  I didn't stay there, but saw someone review it after I had already booked where I stayed.  Balconies in every room.  Also, most or maybe all of the hotels in Pattaya have balconies.

I stayed at the Siam Mandarina next to the airport and the windows can be opened from day 1.  The problems are, it was noisy since Kingkaew road is like a highway.  Constant traffic day and night.  I had earplugs so sleeping wasn't an issue.  During the day wasn't bad because you're up.  My windows were sliding type and the seals had worn so that there was an air gap and noise could get in.  On one side, they had the old styled vertically hinged windows where the latch closes the window tighter as you close it.  That probably shut the sound out to a normal level.  The other side had sliding windows like mine.

Also, there were a couple high 2.5 ppm bad air days when I was there, so I had to shut the windows for that.  But I did open the windows on most days, for early in the day.  But I also was above the pool, which was a designated smoking area, so I couldn't open the window if someone was smoking.  But hardly anyone did that.  If I did it again, I would probably opt for a Pattaya hotel since the air would most likely be better.  However, I stayed there 2 weeks and there was a lot more smoke than there used to be from carts with grills and people probably grilling things around soi 10 and 11.  Got annoying in the evenings and morning in hotels I've stayed before without problems.

I stayed at the Silver Palm, large balcony accessible from the first minute,  and I opened the entrance door and the balcony doors to get an fresh airflow most of the time during my stay.

Long post of my experience here https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1200959-asq-recommendations-and-quality/?do=findComment&comment=16163967

Archived