FLIP-FLOP: Immigration backtracks on mandatory COVID-19  testing for visa/extension of stay renewals

webfact

8 minutes ago, keithet said:

I just did my exstension based on marriage last week. I got the "30 day under consideration " stamp for Feb 17... I wonder if I have to for that stamp? And how many days before you supposed to do? 

My stamp should come a few days before yours. I am wondering the same thing

5 minutes ago, smedly said:

This is ridiculous 

for 364 days a year I can shop walk around do whatever just like anyone else and yet on just one day to visit one place (immigration) I need to get a covid test - how stupid is that 

Jesus Christ - who thought that one up

Richard Barrow apparently. Then Kaosod probably didn’t want to miss out on some publicity. 
Or is Dick freelancing for Kaosod.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

11 minutes ago, keithet said:

I just did my exstension based on marriage last week. I got the "30 day under consideration " stamp for Feb 17... I wonder if I have to for that stamp? And how many days before you supposed to do? 

Same here, we have to go back Feb 15.

I just hope that as we already applied for the extension and the application is already at the "Headoffice" that it's not required to get the Final stamp in the passport.

Buutttttt that said, they (immigration) seem to already be backtracking!

Wondering how the dodgy visa agents are going to navigate their way around this one:-

Oh, silly me, a few extra in the dreaded envelope for the people with the stamps!

Edited by bdenner
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, webfact said:

“This is in accordance with the new ministerial regulation and will apply to all types of visa.”

Surely this does not mean that every 90-days retirees need to get a covid check ......!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1