Netizens complain after Let’s Go Halves registration is full in 10 minutes

webfact

Netizens complain after Let’s Go Halves registration is full in 10 minutes

By THE NATION

800_00a81c8fa1e25ff.jpg?v=1611103436

The registration under the third phase of the government’s “Kon La Khreung” (Let’s Go Halves) co-payment shopping scheme started at 6pm on Wednesday, with the quota of 1.34 million users filled in a mere 10 minutes, leading to complaints.

After the registration was full, the hashtag #คนละครึ่งเฟส3 (#KonLaKhreungPhase3) became a top hit on Twitter, with a numbers of netizens complaining that the quota limit was filled way too fast.

S__5054472.jpg

Many users complained that they filled out their applications at precisely 6.01am but had to wait for the one-time password (OTP) to be sent to their mobile phones to complete their registration. When the OTP finally arrived, the quota was already full.

Others said it took more than five minutes for the OTP to arrive, which made them miss the window.

One user said he registered for three of his relatives, but only one was accepted.

Another user criticised the campaign for being “funded by citizens’ tax money, but only grants rights to some, and is nothing more than a PR stunt for the government”.

Under the scheme, registered users will get 50 per cent discount on their daily purchases of up to Bt150 per day, capped at Bt3,500.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30401501

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-20

• Haha 1

Not a big deal these so call freebies, you can only redeem these coupons at grocery stores and only buy basic consumer food items, no beer or cigarettes of luxury items for a 1,000 baht, how much rice and oil do you really need?...

• Confused 1

A spin-off from this scheme for the government / tax department is the exposure of many of the smaller retailers /shops and the under declaring of their true taxable income. 

So any shop who joined the scheme will now be closely looked at regarding what they report as income in the future. 

27 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Totally irrelevant! What country are they from? Netizens??? they must be Thai citizens to apply for this.

Most of the netizens they refer to are Thais, as they complained when they could not get logged into the program as it was full already......

• Like 1

There is also a lot of people who are not capable of registering I know my wife has helped a few people to do it, according the midget this 1.3 million is from the last time where people registered and didn't use it

Edited by ChipButty

43 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Should be means tested as we know several well off families are bragging about using it !

Why would they brag, it had a spend limit of B3500, certainly nothing to brag about or maybe they're not as flush as they like to make-out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Why would they brag, it had a spend limit of B3500, certainly nothing to brag about or maybe they're not as flush as they like to make-out. 

Thai people love to brag when they think they have something other people haven't !

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, angelsIDC said:

I am a homeless person and have been for 5 years now, a victim of Thai-ness and I do have a smartphone ... the only thing I have ... and lucky for me I am in Belgium where people go to their ultimate best NOT to help me ... so I use that phone to protest loudly against the insane punishment and life sentence I receive as a victim of the greater Thai conspiracy : cheating, stealing, lying and destroying farang ... especially when they write books like these ... 

So after that I begged Thai people to help me and nothing ... 
After that I begged Belgian people to help me and nothing ...

In a few days I will get euthanasia ... (that is governement assisted suicide)

The Thai criminals are even today having parties with my money and my Thai lawyer is almost unreachable ... 

Yes, I have a smartphone, I am homeless and I long for death ... to end this insane horrific life where no one wants to "help" me  ... 

They shoot farang, don't they ? 

book.gif

Where can we send ????????????????

4 hours ago, jonclark said:

Well seeing as all of the complaints on twitter were written in Thai I would be fairly confident that they were Thai citizens.

Unless of course you believe there is a vast pool of people fluent in writing Thai script spread out around the world, who have all synchronized the clocks in their respective timezones to immeditatly get onto Twitter and complain at the exact same time all with the sole unifying aim to discredit a givernment scheme???

I am very pleased to read the you really understood kind of joke. You know, Netizen and Citizen.....and so on. I, in a sort of way, clssified the Netizens to be in a land of their own. Sorry, you didn´t get that. I will try to not repeat myself in such a blunt and difficult to understand way.

Yes, discredit a government scheme. Why in the world would they do that?

3 hours ago, angelsIDC said:

I am a homeless person and have been for 5 years now, a victim of Thai-ness and I do have a smartphone ... the only thing I have ... and lucky for me I am in Belgium where people go to their ultimate best NOT to help me ... so I use that phone to protest loudly against the insane punishment and life sentence I receive as a victim of the greater Thai conspiracy : cheating, stealing, lying and destroying farang ... especially when they write books like these ... 

So after that I begged Thai people to help me and nothing ... 
After that I begged Belgian people to help me and nothing ...

In a few days I will get euthanasia ... (that is governement assisted suicide)

The Thai criminals are even today having parties with my money and my Thai lawyer is almost unreachable ... 

Yes, I have a smartphone, I am homeless and I long for death ... to end this insane horrific life where no one wants to "help" me  ... 

They shoot farang, don't they ? 

book.gif

sounds to me an alcohol or drug problem rather than 'thai-ness'...