Jump to content

Police appeal for information over woman’s body found


Recommended Posts

Police appeal for information over woman’s body found

By Eakkapop Thongtub

 

1611988058_1-org.jpg

Police are hoping people that might recognise items that the woman was wearing so that the woman can be identified. Photo: Karon Police

 

PHUKET: Karon Police have made a public appeal for any information people may have about the body of a woman found dumped beside the road between Patong and Karon yesterday afternoon (Jan 29).

 

The body was discovered at about 1pm after a passerby called police on the suspicion that the blanket on a patch of grass beside the road had a body in it.

 

Police have submitted photos of the woman’s face to their missing persons division in the hope of identifying the woman, who appeared to be in her late 20s or 30s, had fair-to-light-dark skin, was about 160cm tall and had long hair.

 

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/police-appeal-for-information-over-woman-body-found-78838.php

 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-01-31
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pagallim said:

She has been identified by relatives.   39 years old from Phrae province.   Cause of death was shotgun blast to the skull.

 

Execution style.  How horrible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

 

Execution style.  How horrible.

No, not execution but murder. There is a difference. How many countries can you name which have the death penalty use a shotgun blast to the head as the method of execution?

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pagallim said:

She has been identified by relatives.   39 years old from Phrae province.   Cause of death was shotgun blast to the skull.

Not a nice way to go, hope an investigation quickly finds an ex-boyfriend or someone responsible.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

No, not execution but murder. There is a difference. How many countries can you name which have the death penalty use a shotgun blast to the head as the method of execution?

 

"Execution style" refers to something like taking someone to a specific place to kill them in a sort of controlled manner, as apposed to attacking someone or fighting with them then killing them.  E.g. bundling someone into a car or leading them to a remote location and calmly shooting them in the head.  Obviously I'm speculating as to the events leading up to the poor woman's death, but a shotgun blast to the head, assuming it was done in a remote location, would fit the "execution style" concept.  (You can google "execution style murder".)

 

I'm not suggesting she was legally killed by the state, having been found guilty of a crime for which the penalty is death.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

 

"Execution style" refers to something like taking someone to a specific place to kill them in a sort of controlled manner, as apposed to attacking someone or fighting with them then killing them.  E.g. bundling someone into a car or leading them to a remote location and calmly shooting them in the head.  Obviously I'm speculating as to the events leading up to the poor woman's death, but a shotgun blast to the head, assuming it was done in a remote location, would fit the "execution style" concept.  (You can google "execution style murder".)

 

I'm not suggesting she was legally killed by the state, having been found guilty of a crime for which the penalty is death.

There was no remote location, the body was wrapped in a blanket and dumped in sight of a very busy road between Patong and Karon. To me this suggests panic by someone other than a professional killer.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Not a nice way to go, hope an investigation quickly finds an ex-boyfriend or someone responsible.

 

From what I can understand, her husband has gone missing.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

There was no remote location, the body was wrapped in a blanket and dumped in sight of a very busy road between Patong and Karon.

 

I'm not sure that you can know the location of the killing simply by the location that the body was found.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

 

I'm not sure that you can know the location of the killing simply by the location that the body was found.

Somehow I knew you would say that.

I'm not going to go into a lengthy, patronising explanation of the likelihood of a planned murder in a remote area culminating in a dumping near a major road.  I'll leave that immaturity to you.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...