Address in Thailand after ASQ

At BKK airport, opposite passport control, are tables with immigration officers checking TM.8 health declaration and TM6 arrival card. They look on TM6 for your address **after** ASQ, as this address is apparently collected by the government for public health purpose.

This caught me off guard because I suspect a lot of people (like myself who are traveling in hotels) are putting their ASQ address on the TM6. That or I failed to follow instructions. 

Not having an onward destination yet (I planned to figure that out while in ASQ), I provided address of a hotel I once stayed in before, which may be closed now.

How set in stone does this post-ASQ address need to be? Any room to be flexible and change one’s plans? Or must one travel directly to the location disclosed to immigration? Could it invalidate your quarantine completion certificate by not doing so?

Thank you.

Dunno, I guess like many things with Thai officials it depends on the individual. However, if it was me I'd form a plan for what I'd do immediately upon walking out of ASQ, so I won't be standing out in the street scratching my head. Better to go directly to some place and have a hotel booking for a few days, and then move on to wherever.

At the airport in December they accepted my Thai cell phone number as being ok.  I was going to make a reservation right then if needed, but they let me pass without having a next address.  Sometime near the end of quarantine the hotel asked me for it, and by then I had made a reservation, and was able to provide it. 

I never received my quarantine certificate.  It wasn't available on the day I checked out.  But they gave me the covid test results.  They said they would email the certificate when received.  I followed up a few days later and they said the government still had not given it to them.  No one has asked for the certificate in the 2 months since then, and I'm not sure who would.  Seems like hotels might be the ones with an interest in seeing it, but I think they assume that if you're freely roaming, you've either been here for a while, or passed quarantine.

17 hours ago, Carmine6 said:

No one has asked for the certificate in the 2 months since then, and I'm not sure who would.

There is a current thread where someone has been asked for it to extend their permission to stay.

18 hours ago, treetops said:

There is a current thread where someone has been asked for it to extend their permission to stay.

I saw that.  But it seems to be an isolated instance,  and I'm wondering if the io was looking for an excuse for sure reason.  Everyone i dealt with was completely reasonable. 

The hotel asked for my onward address a couple of days before I completed ASQ. It was required for the ASQ certificate.

I assume that information was forwarded to my home area health department by the certificate issuing department as that address was then visited by my local covid monitoring team prior to my arrival.

They required a form with my details to filled in along with a scanned copy of my ASQ cert which I sent via LINE.

On arrival I was then required to albeit relaxed home quarantine for 14 days with daily pics of my thermometer reading being sent to them.

Archived