ASQ in Bangkok; Bazaar Hotel

Robin

Just released from my ASQ in Bazaar.

I chose the hotel at random from list of Hotels provided with CoE.  Additional bonus was that it was out of town, near wife's sister, so she could deliver extras if needed.

I thought that out of town hotel might offer larger rooms.

I chose large room (30 sqm.)  which was a good choice, for 44900 baht.  Looked good on the information offered by hotel.

paid by UK Mastercard, booking was no problem and efficiently handled by Hotel. Confirmation of booking and more information by e-mail..

I was only ''guest' on my flight.  

AT check-in, hotel nurse took BP and Covid test details, and F2F cert.

room was clean and new, as expected. Fridge, microwave, and pack of masks and thermometer.  I had to check by temo 2x daily and as I did not have 'line' nursew would phone my room 9.am and 7.pm fro temp readings.

Manager also phoned me several times to check if I wanted anything.

Food delivered to room after selected from given menu.  Nothing special, basic Thai food as you might get from street stall. Perfectly edible and I did not go hungry.

Hotel Covid rests as per schedule and results notified by phone next day.

Internet good, fast and reliable.

'Out door exercise ' was small garden area by hotel pool, on 4th Floor terrace.  Exciting views of traffic jam on V/R road. Only 3 other people to share the area with.

Outdoor was cancelled on Government orders after only 1 visit.  ( high Covid danger in UK was the reason given.

Only possible complaint was lack of English channels on TV.  Only Thai 3, 5, 7, MCOT, and CGNT, plus 2 French or German Channels.

Released on schedule and all paperwork ready on departure.

No complaints, but Quarantine is not easy or pleasant, but it has to be done

Advice to anyone still choosing hotel:

Get the biggest room you can afford.

Hotel location does not matter.

Check TV channels available.

21 minutes ago, Robin said:

Just released from my ASQ in Bazaar.

Additional bonus was that it was out of town, near wife's sister, so she could deliver extras if needed.

You get ‘extras’ from your Wife’s sister ????? :clap2:

22 minutes ago, Robin said:

Food delivered to room after selected from given menu.  Nothing special, basic Thai food as you might get from street stall. Perfectly edible and I did not go hungry.

Glad you liked it - I would hope for something of a higher standard than ‘basic Thai food you might expect from a street stall’.... 

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You get ‘extras’ from your Wife’s sister ????? :clap2:

He said to her it's better sex than your sister, she said thats what my uncle said

Sounds like you were overcharged: 45k for 30sqm, basic street food etc.

i did my 15 nights in a nice Junior Suite in ChorCher Hotel, 40 sqm, separate sitting area with comfortable sofa, nice balcony, windows on 2 sides, microwave, choosing meals from  a daily changing menu with 6 - 8 options.

Archived