Actual number of days and nights in quarantine

My Thai wife will return to Bangkok on a repatriation flight on March 10th and am wondering (as its critical for attending IO for marriage extension by 26th) exactly how many days/nights she is required to do in Q, and (assuming the 10th as day/night 1) when she will be released?

24th or 25th March ?

Maybe some member who has done it could let me know.

Many thanks 

(I can get ready 99% of the paperwork done before she's released,  only a few photos and the Kor Ror 2 to get from the nearby Amphur )

1 minute ago, Salerno said:

She will be released (assuming no positive test) on 25 March.

Ok thanks for that.

In the morning I hope !! Will give us a little more time to get all the cr*p in place! 😏

2 minutes ago, Salerno said:

She can check out at 6 as long as the paperwork is ready.

Early checkout sounds great.....especially as we don't know yet the location of the state Q hotel (we live in Pathum Thani )

"Paperwork" I take it means some kind of "completion of quarantine" documents and covid test results ?

We need a ‘pinned topic’ for this.... The question has been asked so many times. 

14 FULL 00hrs to 24hrs periods.

image.png.8549ba2314799796664edba57d8dfcbc.png

It doesn’t matter what time you arrive on day zero. 

It doesn’t matter what time you depart on day 15 (although you have to get a ‘Quarantine certificate’).

1 minute ago, orchidfan said:

"Paperwork" I take it means some kind of "completion of quarantine" documents and covid test results ?

Yes, documentation she has completed quarantine. Being Thai and seeing you have to go to immigration on 26th she could try sweet talking, see if she can checkout just after midnight.

1 minute ago, Salerno said:

Yes, documentation she has completed quarantine. Being Thai and seeing you have to go to immigration on 26th she could try sweet talking, see if she can checkout just after midnight.

Thanks. I'll get her to explain our situation to them when she checks in.

Maybe they can accommodate an early checkout under the circumstances. 

She's not adverse to tipping if needed !

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

We need a ‘pinned topic’ for this.... The question has been asked so many times. 

14 FULL 00hrs to 24hrs periods.

image.png.8549ba2314799796664edba57d8dfcbc.png

It doesn’t matter what time you arrive on day zero. 

It doesn’t matter what time you depart on day 15 (although you have to get a ‘Quarantine certificate’).

Thanks Richard. 

I think the much used phrase "14 days of quarantine" is misleading. They should call it 15 days and be done with it.

On 2/9/2021 at 12:39 PM, orchidfan said:

My Thai wife will return to Bangkok on a repatriation flight on March 10th and am wondering (as its critical for attending IO for marriage extension by 26th) exactly how many days/nights she is required to do in Q, and (assuming the 10th as day/night 1) when she will be released?

24th or 25th March ?

Maybe some member who has done it could let me know.

I am now in the 14th day of my ASQ confinement. Two more days to go.

Your wife will not get out until the morning of the 26th.

31 minutes ago, Issanman said:

Your wife will not get out until the morning of the 26th.

She will be released 25th, don't give him a heart attack! 555

March 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Day 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Night 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  

Enter quarantine      Released from quarantine  

15 minutes ago, Salerno said:

She will be released 25th, don't give him a heart attack! 555

March 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Day 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Night 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  

Enter quarantine      Released from quarantine  

OK. You are correct. My bad. But it is 15 nights and 16 days. I don't know where the 14 days BS came from. 

IMG_20210212_094704.thumb.jpg.51730968c20af5f597084419e3fa6020.jpg

2 minutes ago, Issanman said:

I don't know where the 14 days BS came from. 

It's from your arrival day being deemed to be day 0 so that quarantine is 14 full 24 hour days. They could explain better to reduce confusion but TiT.

On the plus side you're close to being released so you can soon get back to everyday TiT moments (BTW bit stingy on the time they give you out of the room, seen reports of a few 45 minute ones but most appear to be an hour, couple of reports even allow people out multiple times if slots open).

The only place they will let us go out to in this hotel is a large room with only a TV, on top of the hotel, which is very hot and unpleasant with a very limited view. I only requested to go there one time. That was enough for me. 

Thanks to Salerno and Issanman for your comments. 

Yes, nearly had a heart attack !

25th will just give us time to do the pile of paperwork and photos to visit IO on 26th.

(BTW, She will be in State Quarantine,  but no idea where that will be! Maybe only allocated on arrival at Swampy?)

3 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Yes, nearly had a heart attack !

555 thought you might with having to go to immigration on 26th.

1 minute ago, orchidfan said:

Maybe only allocated on arrival at Swampy?

Should tell her before leaving, if not, she should ask. Even though she'll know before heading back, could change by the time she lands (happened to a woman who's quarantine YouTube I watched).

2 minutes ago, Salerno said:

555 thought you might with having to go to immigration on 26th.

Should tell her before leaving, if not, she should ask. Even though she'll know before heading back, could change by the time she lands (happened to a woman who's quarantine YouTube I watched).

Thanks. I'll pass that on to her. 

As we live in Pathum Thani I hope it's not too far away...like Chonburi.

Got a link to the YouTuber you mentioned?

6 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Got a link to the YouTuber you mentioned?

Was just trying to find it again, actually "discovered" it via a post on here (somewhere!). Was a while back, will get back to you when I find it.

Edit: Found it, watched it in November but she actually flew back in June. Three parts from memory, 1st being 

Archived