Cupid’s arrow but no COVID-19 jab for Thais this Valentine’s Day

webfact

Cupid’s arrow but no COVID-19 jab for Thais this Valentine’s Day

By Thai PBS World’s General Desk

000_8Y78HG.jpg

A medical worker shows a vial of Sinovac Biotech vaccine against the COVID-19 coronavirus at a healthcare centre in Yantai, in eastern China’s Shandong province on January 5, 2021. (Photo by STR / AFP)

Amid all the confusion about Thailand’s COVID-19 vaccination plans, two things are very clear: People will not start getting inoculated from Valentine’s Day no matter what top government figures said earlier, and the first vaccine to arrive will be China’s CoronaVac.

Thailand was hit by COVID-19 more than a year ago, and in the eyes of many observers, the government has been too slow in getting the population inoculated. That judgement seems reasonable given that 138 million doses have already been administered across 73 countries, including Thailand’s neighbours Cambodia and Indonesia.

Mounting pressure

Last year, the government signed a purchase order for 26 million doses with AstraZeneca in a deal that also includes knowledge transfer for local pharmaceutical firm Siam Bioscience to produce the vaccine in Thailand.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/cupids-arrow-but-no-covid-19-jab-for-thais-this-valentines-day/

Logo-top-.png

21 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Have to take your hat off to the Chinese - infect Thailand and then charge them for a cure

Using last generation technology.  

What's the word on private acquisitions of the other vaccinations?  I thought government gave approval for a free for all.   I'm hoping my fiance's HISO boss gets his workers a good vaccine.