No Alcohol Allowed in ASQ Hotel?

3 hours ago, Chalong circle said:

The hotel where i did my quarantine was offering alcoohol via room service. I did receive everyday an offer for happy hour beer. At inflated price. But took the opportunity to have dry two weeks.

Interesting.... Which hotel and what were the elevated prices ?

• Sad 1
  • 3 months later...

This is Thailand we are talking about :D For every problem in Thailand, there are 3 or 4 different solutions.  Contact the Hotel and offer to pay 'extra' for them to bring you 6 changs per day!  

If someone gets drunk and rowdy on 6 changs then maybe THailand isnt for them haha.

12 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

maybe you should call AA..

Maybe the OP can wait 3 weeks and do the sandbox even if there is no alcohol in bars restaurants or hotel room mini-bars there is no way to police people allowed outside their room

On 2/14/2021 at 12:43 PM, robblok said:

There been reports that hotels do check luggage for alcohol. Not sure how wide spread this is. Also your only allowed 1 bottle of alcohol from a customs point of view (only one liter allowed)

I don't believe that.

And for one very good reason : they are terrified !

At the airport, no one would dare to touch and open the luggages (remember, we even saw "PE men" spraying the luggage with chemicals... like in The Exorcist) 😉

Because you know Covid is soooooooo dangerous.

In hotels the situation is exactly the same...  Terror until you do your first test. There is no way they would "look" inside.

So, there is no problem to take 1 bottle with you.

And if really bad luck, they catch it... So what ?

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, cclub75 said:

I don't believe that.

And for one very good reason : they are terrified !

At the airport, no one would dare to touch and open the luggages (remember, we even saw "PE men" spraying the luggage with chemicals... like in The Exorcist) 😉

Because you know Covid is soooooooo dangerous.

In hotels the situation is exactly the same...  Terror until you do your first test. There is no way they would "look" inside.

So, there is no problem to take 1 bottle with you.

And if really bad luck, they catch it... So what ?

Totally agree.

I bring in at least 2 bottle each time, it sure helps pass the time.

If they did find it at check in it's easy to say it's just a gift and leave at reception, no big deal IMO.

On 2/14/2021 at 2:14 PM, madmen said:

Nonsense. In Oz your allowed a 6 pack or a bottle of wine a day. How many people do you reckon organised a mass breakout on those quantities. 

If anything it keeps everyone relaxed while allowing alcoholics a more gentle pull back ie, not cold turkey  

Your posts suggest free flowing vodka so please use some common sense 

WA is strictly no alcohol in quarantine including baggage searches by police.

Brisbane is unlimited alcohol if that your bag different laws different states I know as I have done quarantine in both. I do tend to agree with Robb but if you can't go 14 days without <deleted> you may have a problem..  Why anyone would want to sit alone in a hotel room on the <deleted> probably also points to having a problem. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, starky said:

WA is strictly no alcohol in quarantine including baggage searches by police.

Brisbane is unlimited alcohol if that your bag different laws different states I know as I have done quarantine in both. I do tend to agree with Robb but if you can't go 14 days without <deleted> you may have a problem..  Why anyone would want to sit alone in a hotel room on the <deleted> probably also points to having a problem. 

I don't have a drink problem and sometimes go weeks or months without a drop.

But when in quarantine it makes time pass a helluva lot quicker if you can have a drink, there's no doubt about it.

To each their own.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I don't have a drink problem and sometimes go weeks or months without a drop.

But when in quarantine it makes time pass a helluva lot quicker if you can have a drink, there's no doubt about it.

To each their own.

Unfortunately as another poster says you have to have legislate to the lowest common dominator and if you have some goose in quarantine who gets on the squirt and runs amok then not only is there potential to breach quarantine but also the risk to everyone hotel staff, police, ambulance etc who may have to deal with said idiot. Same goes for smoking if some goose sets off a fire alarm in a quarantine hotel you can hardly evacuate everyone out onto the street.

I totally agree with everything you say dont mind a drink myself. Unfortunately history and many villages have told us there is always an idiot. 

• Like 1