How to look like a Republican woman is TikTok’s newest makeup trend

ASEAN NOW Content Team

Girls on TikTok are giving themselves makeovers to look like Republicans.

To create their "Republicansona,' a mashup of "Republican" and "persona," users of the Generation Z-dominated platform remove all evidence of their countercultural leanings and remake themselves as the epitome of a Fox News host or Republican spokesperson.

Gone are the piercings, fluorescent tresses, and quirky makeup. In their place, there's cakey bronzer, gobs of mascara, and, of course, blonde hair.

"Hi, my name is Shayna and my dad is a cop," @pimpdaddyshayne captioned her video. With more than 200,000 views as of this writing, @pimpdaddyshayne's TikTok is one of the most viewed Republicansona transformations.

The makeovers are set to RaeLynn's song "God Made Girls." As RaeLynn croons, "Somebody's gotta wear a pretty skirt/Somebody's gotta be the one to flirt," the free-spirited girls of TikTok turn themselves into Kayleigh McEnany clones.

TikToker @katyasbrokenacrylicnail added cheeky instructions to her Republicansona makeover montage. "No such thing as too much bronzer," "PINK blush is best," "last but not least .... Jesus," and "we are only here to serve men," flash by as she remakes herself.

The Republicansona-fications have been met with a mix of amusement and hurt feelings, mostly along partisan lines.

"Went from alt-girl to alt-right real quick," one person commented on one such makeover video.

"It's not nice to mock people," scolded another.

A few feel like it's in poor taste to make fun of Republicans' appearances.

More people saw it for the lighthearted fun that it is, though some suggested that the makeovers would be more realistic if they made their faces a deep shade of orange.

For many, the transformations bore an eerie resemblance to people they were already familiar with.

One thought that a TikToker's Republicansona looked like Kaitlin Bennett, better known as the Kent State gun girl. Other doppelgangers hit closer to home.

FULL ARTICLE

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Then you've not been looking at the republican women. This zombie is 100% a democrat. Try not to get confused.

Joe Biden may be a zombie soon, but he's not a woman (is he???).

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Bill Maher used to have Kellyanne on his show pretty regularly before the orange guy came along.  Always thought she had that "suburban swinger" vibe.  Then I saw her husband, and indeed he looks like a cuck who likes to watch other men diddle his missus -- this seems to be a Republican thing too.  Add him to the list with Manafort, Roger Stone, . . .

7 hours ago, NaamGin said:

Some seems to be confused over who needs to have plastic surgery...

download.png

As much as my liberal ass hates myself, there is something curiously erotic about a pistol packing momma

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, tonray said:

The makeup routine is simple: Skin/Bones and Hate

spacer.png

Speaking of Bill Maher, are he and this one still a couple?

I always thought she was a phony.  The first time I saw her I thought it was a comedy routine -- it was about a month after 9/11, and she said something like "all swarthy men should be deported, I mean, like, YECH!"

Some years back, a certain female journalist went to the cities that hosted the party conventions in 1988 and 1992 and interviewed the prostitutes that entertained the politicos.  Her summation: Repubs are kinky and cheap, Dems are vanilla and generous.

• Haha 1

So in the US in particular, asking through the lens of a European, does Republican mean essentially 'conservative' (meaning work hard to get $$$ and then save what you can for the unforeseen future expenses), and Democrat means the opposite IE: take it easy (do a YOLO) and mooch off of the state, while simultaneously selling out all manhood and being a 'simp'? is this what the difference is essentially?

Edited by OishiRefill
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, OishiRefill said:

So in the US in particular, asking through the lense of a Eurpoean, does Republican mean essential 'conservative' (meaning work hard to get $$4 and save what you can), and Democrat means the opposite IE: take it easy and mooch off of the state? is this what the difference is essentially?

No.

Republican today means following the personality cult of the defeated ex president and believing that he actually won.

It's not about ideology. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, OishiRefill said:

So in the US in particular, asking through the lens of a European, does Republican mean essentially 'conservative' (meaning work hard to get $$$ and then save what you can for the unforeseen future expenses), and Democrat means the opposite IE: take it easy (do a YOLO) and mooch off of the state, while simultaneously selling out all manhood and being a 'simp'? is this what the difference is essentially?

I am European too and I think US political parties don't make much sense.

It all seems designed around a political dichotomy that has the goal to divide the country, but divide it into only 2 groups and have one of the group run state affairs for a while, which means both groups must garner support based on the smallest common denominator among their supporters, which means they will agree on a few large issues while not reaching a consensus on many other issues.

So far, I haven't been able to form an opinion whether having only 2 large parties is an advantage for the USA or not.

Because of the above reasons, you will probably only find 3 or 4 issues on which most republicans and democrats have a clearly distinct opinion.

I think these issues include:

- taxes

- religion

- equality

• Like 1

On 5/30/2021 at 8:09 PM, OishiRefill said:

Europeans need to understand the Democrats would be seen as a right wing party in Europe. The GOP are... something else altogether.

• Like 1