Qatar Airlines? ????️????️

bermondburi

8 minutes ago, blackcab said:

That's the first time I have read that. I just checked Qatar airlines, and there are no flights available from Bangkok to London after Thursday 18th March 2021. On Thursday there are only business class seats available, so it looks like the plane is full of people taking the last flight from Qatar.

I'm really not sure what that means for people with tickets on Qatar, other than they will have to buy another ticket on a different carrier. Qatar has a flexible rebooking policy, but they don't give cash refunds. Hopefully people can claim the cost of the ticket back from their credit card company.

113.thumb.JPG.972199aaa295549069a89bd117112781.JPG

<deleted>. Mrs. Chelseafan is due to fly back to Thailand from UK on 8th May, with no incoming flights I expect her outbound flight is going to be cancelled.

6 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

<deleted>. Mrs. Chelseafan is due to fly back to Thailand from UK on 8th May, with no incoming flights I expect her outbound flight is going to be cancelled.

If it is any consolation the UK does update and remove countries from the Red List, so you may still have a chance.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

I think she will be ok. They can send flights to UK but only freight and cargo but NO passengers.  You can still fly from UK to Thailand and  you can still book them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blackcab said:

That's the first time I have read that. I just checked Qatar airlines, and there are no flights available from Bangkok to London after Thursday 18th March 2021. On Thursday there are only business class seats available, so it looks like the plane is full of people taking the last flight from Qatar.

I'm really not sure what that means for people with tickets on Qatar, other than they will have to buy another ticket on a different carrier. Qatar has a flexible rebooking policy, but they don't give cash refunds. Hopefully people can claim the cost of the ticket back from their credit card company.

113.thumb.JPG.972199aaa295549069a89bd117112781.JPG

114.JPG.69adb5f18daf95aede1b7b7303f64834.JPG

By law, any Airline which cancel a flight arriving or departing in the EU has to offer a refund within 7 days. 

I received a full refund from Qatar Airways (for a flight in July), but it took them 5 months !!!! 

I’m not sure if the UK no longer being part of the EU impacts this regulation, but I imagine not. 

Thus: IF Qatar Airlines cancels their flights, in addition to offering rebooking, vouchers etc, they have to offer a full refund (they might make that difficult or awkward though). 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thus: IF Qatar Airlines cancels their flights, in addition to offering rebooking, vouchers etc, they have to offer a full refund (they might make that difficult or awkward though). 

What about if the flight they sold specifically stated there were no refunds, and you booked on that basis?

I ask because this could be good news for a lot of people.

34 minutes ago, blackcab said:
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

What about if the flight they sold specifically stated there were no refunds, and you booked on that basis?

I ask because this could be good news for a lot of people.

I don’t think an Airline can sell a ticket which is non-refundable if the Airline cancels the flight.

Neither can the Airline claim force majeure as it is the Airline which has cancelled the flight, the only change in regulation is the requirement to quarantine and placement of countries on the red list (in this case Qatar). 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, blackcab said:

If it is any consolation the UK does update and remove countries from the Red List, so you may still have a chance.

Yeah the problem is her visa expires mid-may and I don't want her to be on an overstay.

Maye Qatar are bringing in freight and returning with passengers. I certainly hope so.

2 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Yeah the problem is her visa expires mid-may and I don't want her to be on an overstay.

Maye Qatar are bringing in freight and returning with passengers. I certainly hope so.

From their website:

For passengers who are yet to start their journey, we offer options including date and route changes and ticket refunds. Passengers can still travel from the UK with Qatar Airways and may return on partner airlines where available including British Airways.

If you are travelling to the UK between 19 March and 18 May, you may be rebooked onto flights operated by partner airlines, including British Airways, where available. For details, visit our Travel with Confidence page.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/travel-alerts.html

• Like 1