UK police officer charged with murder of 33-year-old woman

rooster59

8 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

True, but I would like to think certain professions are at least less likely to be murderers.......doctors/dentists, police, teachers, hairdressers

Yeah, but that’s a misperception! If you were to ask the ex neighbors of serial killers, for example, they’ll all tell you the same thing: “What?! That guys is a killer?! I would’ve never expected that!  He was always so nice and friendly!”

And if you really think about it, being a killer while you work as a cop is the perfect camouflage because, just like you, people don’t expect cops to be killers. 

Edited by pacovl46

18 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

Yeah, but that’s a misperception! If you were to ask the ex neighbors of serial killers, for example, they’ll all tell you the same thing: “What?! That guys is a killer?! I would’ve never expected that!  He was always so nice and friendly!”

And if you really think about it, being a killer while you work as a cop is the perfect camouflage because, just like you, people don’t expect cops to be killers. 

Delete

Edited by Surelynot

2 hours ago, shy coconut said:

But, but what about diversity, it's all the immigrants fault.

I am not saying that immigration and integration doesn't present problems, you only have to see the pages and pages of moaning from expat's here to see how difficult it is to settle in a country whose language and culture differ so much from what you are used to.

It's really disappointing that an article about a young woman murdered by a police officer can somehow be attributed to immigration policies.

They've only just started, wait until they drag the EU and BLM into the mix!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Home Secretary (interior minister) Priti Patel said she would do all she could to protect women and girls following the outcry that has followed Everard's disappearance.

"Every woman & girl should be free to walk our streets without the slightest fear of harassment, abuse or violence," she said on Twitter.

Shouldn't that be 'Every person should be able to walk our streets.....?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Surelynot said:

As someone with 4 daughters (all in their 30's) living in central London......before all the fragile men pile in and start complying about women whining on they are hard done.....I can tell you life can be very unpleasant for them.

They are constantly harangued in the street, cars pull up and spout filth, two of them have had to have restraining orders issued against ex-boyfriends (one attempted suicide, poor little soul)

Traveling around has to be thought out carefully, routes, timings etc.

Fortunately all four are very strong characters. and have learnt the following.....

Ignore is their first port of call.....don't try clever put downs...it inflames the delicate male ego......if in a public space and 'safe', go large, go very, very loud.......shame them big time in front of on-lookers..

Indeed, I think most men are utterly blind to what women and girls experience just in daily life such as on public transport.

I see utter losers talking to women or shoving them in a way they'd never do to me. Usually in cowardly side of the mouth remarks about 'stupid cow' or whatever as they shove by. 

I have intervened once or twice but it's always a call whether or not to escalate. Only a few women have the training/upbringing to deal with it. (I also have my - many - off days where heroism is not on the agenda - can't guarantee for my response.)

Anyone, just watch for it - you'll see it if you want to. Just as Surelynot says. It's everywhere.

Here's a small example:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/mar/12/what-happened-women-uk-harassed-street

I know that a lot of the 'men' on this thread won't want to read to the end or put themselves in this woman's position mentally, but for those with the guts and spine, it's worth the effort.

And that's apart from the official systemic discrimination and abuse that women are rightly fighting back against. And scaring the bejeebers out of a certain 'class' of men at the same time. THEIR posts are so screamingly obvious - almost neon lit 555.

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you....I can see certain members frothing at the mouth, unable to type a response to this until they have calmed down.........it is only a bit of fun....it's only a bit of banter......don't be so precious....such a snowflake......only messing.

Yeah, messing in a way they never would with me - or most other men either. They see women as easy targets and unfortunately they're all too often right. That's why they do it.

They and the creeps who support it and make excuses are degenerate cowards. People I normally avoid.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, BusyB said:

Yeah, messing in a way they never would with me - or most other men either. They see women as easy targets and unfortunately they're all too often right. That's why they do it.

They and the creeps who support it and make excuses are degenerate cowards. People I normally avoid.

Booze is frequently involved, as it is with most crime. And it's usually older generations. And white! Very few immigrants (I see that was thrown out there as well) can afford to behave like that in the host country. They're usually, especially individually, extremely polite.

Just now, BusyB said:

And it's usually older generations. And white!

Funnily enough I was going to add that in to my earlier piece and forgot......the girls tell me it is generally, white middle aged and older, fairly well to do middle/upper class men that are the vast majority of offenders.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Funnily enough I was going to add that in to my earlier piece and forgot......the girls tell me it is generally, white middle aged and older, fairly well to do middle/upper class men that are the vast majority of offenders.

My thoughts are with you mate. Jesus, FOUR daughters to worry about. That's Coronary Street ;D

2 minutes ago, BusyB said:

My thoughts are with you mate. Jesus, FOUR daughters to worry about. That's Coronary Street ;D

Ha! They are all tough cookies in senior management positions.....all 5' 10" ish and sharp as tacks............they scare me at times. Two of them are (or seem to be) quite sanguine about the whole situation ......the other two....oh boy.....big mistake to mess with them.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BusyB said:

Freaky.....just spoken to my youngest daughter....her husband (black American..... that'll annoy the gammons) X-rayed the murderer yesterday!!!!!!

Big cavalcade rolled up....10 bobbies piled out......and there he was....had to X-ray both hands for fractures......looked like he had been punching his cell wall.

3 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Ha! They are all tough cookies in senior management positions.....all 5' 10" ish and sharp as tacks............they scare me at times. Two of them are (or seem to be) quite sanguine about the whole situation ......the other two....oh boy.....big mistake to mess with them.

You obviously did something right ...