Thailand’s haze problems due to atmospheric conditions, met office

rooster59

4 hours ago, YetAnother said:

making excuses is the national sport of thailand

They really should open a purpose-built stadium for this so the best excuse-makers in the country can compete against each other in front of tens of thousands of spectators to qualify for the bi-annual national championships.

• Haha 2

and the atmospheric conditions are caused by burning fields.  I see them burning around my area everyday this time of the year.  A couple of weeks ago drove from Ratchaburi to Singburi and back.  It was the same condition throughout the whole trip.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Misterwhisper said:

They really should open a purpose-built stadium for this so the best excuse-makers in the country can compete against each other in front of tens of thousands of spectators to qualify for the bi-annual national championships.

Unfortunately their not any good at it. 

Tart - your problem with your thinking...Thai gov does nothing productive in stopping intentional burning...if they stopped provincial burning, does it really matter if 10% comes over the border...

who wouldn’t accept a 90% reduction...enough with irrelevant excuses...focus on the main culprit local burning...

• Like 1

Thailand’s haze problems due to atmospheric conditions, met office

No it isn't.  The haze is due to the inability of the Police force to apply the law properly and the inability of the government to do anything useful about it.

Edited by Taswegian23
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, KannikaP said:

From burning incense sticks at temples, and cooking rats at the side of the road. 

And politicians hiring speaker vans to bring traffic to a standstill; and locals burning their rubbish instead of just throwing it on the side of quiet roads.

• Haha 1

Just now, mikebell said:

And politicians hiring speaker vans to bring traffic to a standstill; and locals burning their rubbish instead of just throwing it on the side of quiet roads.

There was a documentary on Ch4 (I think) about illegal fly tipping in UK. Far worse than anything I have seen over here....10,000 discarded tyres on one stretch or road.

18 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Tart - your problem with your thinking...Thai gov does nothing productive in stopping intentional burning...if they stopped provincial burning, does it really matter if 10% comes over the border...

Isn’t my thinking and haven’t any problem.. This is a declaration of NASA, not mine.

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/environment/thailand-on-fire-nasa-satellite-website-tracks-the-countrys-farm-fires

Living in North Chiang Mai for years, I got pulmonary emphysema thanks to the BURN SEASON.  Every year I fly to the southern islands for months to avoid this pollution.  COVID has blocked the trip this year and I have fixed it with air purifiers and air conditioning. I know and see how Government DO NOTHING ..Thais will burn their lands and forest until, i.e... the Turism business disappear completely and there are nothing more to burn.