Renewing A British Passport At Bangkok

I have a uk passport which runs out in March 2008,

I have an o visa which runs out in July 2007, I will only be returning to the uk for 5 days, I really only have enough time to renew my o visa, not my passport. ( I will need a new pass port as to obtain a new o visa the passport must have more than 12 months)

The question is, has any one the information on how to renew a British passport at the embassy in Bangkok,

Including times to arrive

Which sky train stop

I know about the fees and other requirements as I have read this from the British embassy site,

Mainly I am trying to find when to arrive,

How long it takes

Best way to get there

Any hidden problems

Thank you in advance

I have a uk passport which runs out in March 2008,

I have an o visa which runs out in July 2007, I will only be returning to the uk for 5 days, I really only have enough time to renew my o visa, not my passport. ( I will need a new pass port as to obtain a new o visa the passport must have more than 12 months)

The question is, has any one the information on how to renew a British passport at the embassy in Bangkok,

Including times to arrive

Which sky train stop

I know about the fees and other requirements as I have read this from the British embassy site,

Mainly I am trying to find when to arrive,

How long it takes

Best way to get there

Any hidden problems

Thank you in advance

just done this,really no need to go as you can down load the form fill it in ,then send it registered post with photos and old passport and your return address in thailand.if you want to go be there before 11.30am and your passport will be ready for collection after 5 working days.mine was sent via post as i live in samui.the old passport was cancelled and the new one had a remark about my resident visa in the new one,make sure when leaving the country you have both passports as you need to show the visa which is in the old one.as for trains etc cant help,hope rest does :o

Not sure why you say 5 days in the UK is insufficient to get a new passport. The passport agency at Globe House, Victoria offers a premium service where you can collect your new passport in 4 hours, thus the next day you can apply for new visa at RTE London which only takes 2 days.

You will need to phone to make an appointment though but suspect it will be 07:45 most are !

Go to this site for details http://www.passport.gov.uk/passport_renewing_when.asp

Not sure why you say 5 days in the UK is insufficient to get a new passport. The passport agency at Globe House, Victoria offers a premium service where you can collect your new passport in 4 hours, thus the next day you can apply for new visa at RTE London which only takes 2 days.

You will need to phone to make an appointment though but suspect it will be 07:45 most are !

Go to this site for details http://www.passport.gov.uk/passport_renewing_when.asp

I understand you can get a passport in 4 hours in the uk, but in real terms it will take a day, i am not visiting london, so would need to take 1 of the 5 days, allowing for jet lag, and if it can be done here in bangkok, it makes life a lot easier,

Take the BTS to Ploen Chit. You can see the Britsh embassy from there.

No hidden problems

It took 5 working days when I renewed mine last year. Going first thing on a monday morning, you can expect to colect it on Friday afternoon.

Personaly, I wouldn't trust the post office with such an important document - at least half my mail goes missing, EMS, registered or normal !

geoffphuket