K-pop band BTS calls for end to rising anti-Asian racism

41144984-0-image-a-1_1617139099268.jpg

K-pop band BTS has called for an end to rising anti-Asian racism and reveal they have suffered racist abuse and mocked for the way they look

BTS have called for an end to Asian hate.

The K-Pop band have joined the #StopAsianHate and #StopAAPIHate movement following anti-Asian violence in the US, and the group's members - Jin, Suga, J-Hope, RM, Jimin, V and Jungkook - released a joint statement in which they discussed the 'pain of becoming the subject of hatred and violence'.

They said: 'We send our deepest condolences to those who have lost their loved ones. We feel grief and anger.

Full Story: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9420349/K-pop-band-BTS-calls-end-rising-anti-Asian-racism.html

• Haha 1

How come everyone but me sees all this racism happening? It appears that people blame every little setback in life on being racially discriminated against. There are never any specifics, just the general cry of "racism" seems to be enough.

They should try walking in "farang shoes" within their own country.  But I'll give them a pass on that.

Surely K-Pop BTS are welcoming their Asian brothers and sisters from genocide ravaged Myanmar with open arms.  Correct?  I'm sure there are
"We 💓 Myanmar Refugees"
signs hidden behind each of them while they issue press releases urging the Thai government to accept Myanmar refugees.
Did I miss that? 

What's the old adage:  Clean up your own backyard before criticizing your neighbor about theirs or Don't complain about the speck of dust in your fellow man's eyes before removing the stick from your own.

Edited by connda
On 3/31/2021 at 5:42 PM, snoop1130 said:

K-pop band BTS has called for an end to rising anti-Asian racism and reveal they have suffered racist abuse and mocked for the way they look

I can believe that they may get mocked for the way that they look, but that has nothing to do with them being Asian!

I can't decide whether they are a weird looking boy band or a weird looking girl band.

• 4 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.