Day 6 in our 11 day ASQ in Bangkok...

David, you say 'we',  could you enlighten me on the rules of sharing a room. Are you legally married or like me have had the  ceremony but no documentation?

• Like 1
Just now, DaLa said:

David, you say 'we',  could you enlighten me on the rules of sharing a room. Are you legally married or like me have had the  ceremony but no documentation?

We are married with a Marriage Certificate from the Royal Thai Embassy in Manila. You must have a Certificate to stay in the same room/apt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, David T Pike said:

We paid only 50k for our stay.

How did you make the booking?  Their brochure price for the couple's package for 10 days looks to be 64,000 baht.

5 minutes ago, treetops said:

How did you make the booking?  Their brochure price for the couple's package for 10 days looks to be 64,000 baht.

I apologize. The original cost was 69k for 15 days. It was a February Valentines Special price. Then we received a 10k refund for the reduction to 10 days. So we actually paid 59k. 

• Thanks 1

I am surprised that your dog didn't have to be quarantined.

I know that transmission between humans and animals is considered low risk as there have not been many reported cases, but low risk is still a risk.

• Confused 1

I wanna talk about your dog,

We are nearly ready after 18 years of working (when we did not have time) to get a daschhound. I used to breed them.

Have had a look at 2 kennels but all the puppies when I ran my hand around have hip problems from what we call 3 male line. A kind of inbreeding.

If you now a good place, let me know please

Hotel sounds great. & enjoy  your house with Snoopy

Hi Nat! I spoke to my wife about getting another Doxie when Jake passes away.  She said emphatically "NO!!! I don't want my heart to be broke again when we lose it... 😪",  But I will still surprise her with a puppy when the time is right. 😉

So I will be looking myself in the future. I would never own another breed. They can be bi-polar Angels and Devils but you love both of them. ☺️ I would like to know more about this hip problem and what to look out for. I know they can develop dysplasia at a early age.

Well Snoopy is a Beagle but I love them too. My Grand Dad had one for 18 years. When I got my "Girl Named Jake", I actually found her being re-homed on Craig's List in Madison, WI. She was a show dog but they retired her after she got pregnant. The owners were also Great Dane breeder and were neglecting her so a friend offered to re-home her. I only paid $100 for her.

When I first got her, she was 2 year old and just had her litter of pups taken from her. Then I found out her show name was "Cupcake". Now Madison is a very progressive city and I was a single, heterosexual male and there was no way in hell that I was going to have a dog named "Cupcake"! 😂 So I thought, what name sounds like cake? Jake of course! So from then on I called her Jake and she picked it right up! 🥰

2 minutes ago, pest said:

Some great ASQ Vids on YouTube Give you a better idea of the foods and accommodations your likely to have

A lovely 60sqm pool villa....  great food, microwave, coffee machine, good internet.... 

Not for a crazy price though !!!!  

I’m already looking towards another ASQ in a few months from now...

And damn.... the CCSA just extended the quarantine to 15 nights again !!! 

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

A lovely 60sqm pool villa....  great food, microwave, coffee machine, good internet.... 

YEAH! WOO HOO! We made it the small window of April for the 10 day ASQ! 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Even if you've been vaccinated? At this point, Thais are more a risk to you then the opposite.

1 minute ago, Thai Visa Member 999999 said:

Even if you've been vaccinated? At this point, Thais are more a risk to you then the opposite.

Not necessarily so...  The decision to go back to the 15 night quarantine is based on the risk of importing the variants from outside of Thailand which have not yet penetrated Thailands borders; namely variant B.1.167 (double mutant) which is currently ravaging India. 

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Not necessarily so...  The decision to go back to the 15 night quarantine is based on the risk of importing the variants from outside of Thailand which have not yet penetrated Thailands borders; namely variant B.1.167 (double mutant) which is currently ravaging India. 

So what they are saying is that a covid test on the 5th day and on the 10th day is not enough to catch anyone who has it???? 🤔

21 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It's more than likely that one or more of the variants have already penetrated Thailand and are responsible for the current wave. It is overwhelmingly probable that the predominant genotype is not the Wuhan or California. And when I say it's more than likely, I mean near 100%. The Wuhan strain has long, long disappeared. Even in cases in China, the sequenced variant is not the Wuhan strain.

On 4/28/2021 at 7:04 PM, richard_smith237 said:

After 4 periods of Quarantine, key requirements: 

1) Reliable internet

2) Microwave

3) Decent food*

3) Floor to ceiling windows

4) Bath Tub

5) 45 sqm+ (ideally 60sqm with separate living room)

6) Positive Staff (last ASQ I was in there was 100B charge for a 7-11 trip which irritated the £$%# out of me - the last place I was in I had 3 arguments with the staff about really pathetic things, later sorted out by the manager who was more professional). 

Advice: Take your your own metal knife and fork (if the hotel is only going to provide plastic).

*The latest ASQ I stayed was the most comfortable and highest standard of ASQ but had poor quality food - the quality of food makes a big difference. 

And, of course, a refrigerator.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, DerbyDan said:

Wow! Maybe I will fly in early just to enjoy the ASQ.

Gonna be awhile before these are done...

13 hours ago, Danderman123 said:
On 4/28/2021 at 7:04 PM, richard_smith237 said:

After 4 periods of Quarantine, key requirements: 

1) Reliable internet

2) Microwave

3) Decent food*

3) Floor to ceiling windows

4) Bath Tub

5) 45 sqm+ (ideally 60sqm with separate living room)

6) Positive Staff (last ASQ I was in there was 100B charge for a 7-11 trip which irritated the £$%# out of me - the last place I was in I had 3 arguments with the staff about really pathetic things, later sorted out by the manager who was more professional). 

Advice: Take your your own metal knife and fork (if the hotel is only going to provide plastic).

*The latest ASQ I stayed was the most comfortable and highest standard of ASQ but had poor quality food - the quality of food makes a big difference. 

Expand  

And, of course, a refrigerator.

What on earth for ???...  The Whisky I sneak into ASQ is drank at room temperature.... 

Although the lack of Air-con meant that it was a little too warm....  🤓

On 4/29/2021 at 11:38 AM, loong said:

I am surprised that your dog didn't have to be quarantined.

I know that transmission between humans and animals is considered low risk as there have not been many reported cases, but low risk is still a risk.

Its shocking to me that all luggage is not also seperated into its own room, who knows what it came in contact with during travel!

How can they possibly allow you to keep the clothes and shoes you arrived in? Surely they hold a risk of contamination and you should be stripped naked and led into disinfectant showers upon arrival, while your clothes are being burned. In addition, all should be shaved as hair can be hard to fully clean and may, forbid the thought, catch floating molcules of bs.1.5,365 or fo.5.1.547...or aome other vafiant...the horror

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

What on earth for ???...  The Whisky I sneak into ASQ is drank at room temperature.... 

Although the lack of Air-con meant that it was a little too warm....  🤓

Cheap Charlie! 🙄

10 hours ago, kuma said:

Its shocking to me that all luggage is not also seperated into its own room, who knows what it came in contact with during travel!

How can they possibly allow you to keep the clothes and shoes you arrived in? Surely they hold a risk of contamination and you should be stripped naked and led into disinfectant showers upon arrival, while your clothes are being burned. In addition, all should be shaved as hair can be hard to fully clean and may, forbid the thought, catch floating molcules of bs.1.5,365 or fo.5.1.547...or aome other vafiant...the horror

Your sarcasm just makes you look foolish.

You do know that the first human infection was supposedly transmitted from an animal, do you?

You do know that cats and dogs and other animals can be infected by the virus, do you?

As I stated in my post the risk of the virus being transmitted between domestic animals and humans is considered low, but there is still a risk.

• Like 1