Kawasaki Dealer In Chiang Mai?

heybruce

Umm, that's a bit bigger than I had in mind. I'm actually looking for something a little more interesting than a Honda Wave, but still small enough for maneuvering in traffic around town and big enough for occasional trips out of town. The Kawasaki Boss looks like it will do the job, but I was curious what else they might have.

I think Kawasaki Boss is about as big as it gets for regular dealers; anything bigger is special import / special hassle. :o

But I like it, for people who are not too big (wide or tall) :D 4 stroke engine, pretty nice look.

And no, mine does not look quite as radical as that.

It's more like this:

2002-Kawasaki-Vulcan750a.jpg

Just add more grime. :D Tyres are new though.

This was the very first bike that was bigger than a Honda Dream, so quite a bit of a promotion.. Can't really compare it actually, though I got the nick of it pretty quickly; while you can still ride a Honda Dream pretty much as you ride a bicycle, on this one you're more riding it like you'd drive a car. Which actually proved a bit safer to me; there's just no waving through traffic or other shenanigans, you ride it with some more 'respect' I guess. :D

But I never find the time or even inclination to do much riding these days (job, kid..) so it has to go.

Edited by chanchao

I think there's a Kawasaki dealer on Chang Moi near Warorot market. At least there used to be. If you're heading from the moat, at the corner with Mike's Burgers, the Kawasaki dealer is on left, just after you go over the canal. It's next to a Honda dealer.

I think there's a Kawasaki dealer on Chang Moi near Warorot market. At least there used to be. If you're heading from the moat, at the corner with Mike's Burgers, the Kawasaki dealer is on left, just after you go over the canal. It's next to a Honda dealer.

There is, just before the turning to Kasems.

Wasn't there also a Kawasaki-Yamaha dealer inside the moat? Boyfriend and I couldn't remember any street names, but the great online map in this forum shows it's at the corner of ...of...illegible and...unreadable. Going in toward town from Tha Pae Gate, it's at the first traffic light.

Wasn't there also a Kawasaki-Yamaha dealer inside the moat? Boyfriend and I couldn't remember any street names, but the great online map in this forum shows it's at the corner of ...of...illegible and...unreadable. Going in toward town from Tha Pae Gate, it's at the first traffic light.

Actually it is more like a Yamaha place that may have a few Kawasaki's. The last time I was there it had two or three Kawasaki's, all the same model. I've been to the Honda place on Chiang Moi road and never noticed the Kawasaki dealor, it must be pretty low key. I'll go back for another look.

Cmdas is correct. Great directions. However last time I was in there there were no large bikes only scooters and KSR 110's. Its past the honda shop cmoning from the moat.

It's a shame that Kawasaki Thailand seems to have discontinued sales of the GTO, the sturdy model once favoured by Thai police. It was the last holdout of the more inexpensive and utilitarian rot phu chai models, and all the other manufacturers seem to have discontinued them as well (other than the expensive fake chopper models).

gtoeb4.jpg

I think Kawasaki Boss is about as big as it gets for regular dealers; anything bigger is special import / special hassle. :D

But I like it, for people who are not too big (wide or tall) :D 4 stroke engine, pretty nice look.

And no, mine does not look quite as radical as that.

It's more like this:

2002-Kawasaki-Vulcan750a.jpg

Just add more grime. :D Tyres are new though.

This was the very first bike that was bigger than a Honda Dream, so quite a bit of a promotion.. Can't really compare it actually, though I got the nick of it pretty quickly; while you can still ride a Honda Dream pretty much as you ride a bicycle, on this one you're more riding it like you'd drive a car. Which actually proved a bit safer to me; there's just no waving through traffic or other shenanigans, you ride it with some more 'respect' I guess. :D

But I never find the time or even inclination to do much riding these days (job, kid..) so it has to go.

It's a shame that Kawasaki Thailand seems to have discontinued sales of the GTO, the sturdy model once favoured by Thai police. It was the last holdout of the more inexpensive and utilitarian rot phu chai models, and all the other manufacturers seem to have discontinued them as well (other than the expensive fake chopper models).

gtoeb4.jpg

Ah, that's a sweet little....ah motorsai you got there! :o

Does anyone know if there is a Kawasaki dealor in Chiang Mai? Any stories about good or bad experiences with it?

Hi,

I have a Kawasaki Boss 175, I bought it when it was a year old, have 14,500 km currently. I'm thinking about moving up to a new one. Wonder if you'd be interested in looking at mine if you intend to purchase a used one. It's in great shape. I paid 49,000 baht a little over a year ago. Don't know what it would sell for now. We can negotiate if you like it. Give me a call, we can meet. 0898388074

Thanks,

Jim