Over to you crypto fanboys

Susco

22 hours ago, fdsa said:

Cryptocurrency is so dead that its subforum was even moved from the "Informational Technologies" somewhere far away to the "World News" :biggrin:

Quite the opposite, as 'World News'  would be of interest to everyone. 

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, how241 said:

This thread only gets busy when BTC  is going down. 

Well if I had to estimate, there are only about 10 active posters with a vested interest in crypto... And of those, 6 are invested and 4 are just trying to annoy those other 6.   ????

• Like 1

This thread only gets busy when BTC  is going down. 

Can't speak for anyone else but, personally, I just don't care about what any other person does or doesn't have in their portfolio (generalization) and don't particularly feel the need to talk about my portfolio movements unprompted.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2021 at 4:49 PM, Susco said:

On this forum nobody (except @Heng) will admit that they bought and are now saddled with a loss, but you will see them come out of the woods in droves, in the unlikely case it get way above 60K anytime soon.

The tulips are wilting, dispose of them while you still can

It's going to be an interesting couple of months ahead of us.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2021 at 10:36 AM, Heng said:

Yeah, that's a pretty good first post.    Not quite on par with the classic 'how much dowry is appropriate' first posts, but still good.

It has revealed to be a spam bot - posted a message with embedded link in another thread.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/6/2021 at 4:56 PM, Tanomazu said:

Everyone of his predictions was correct. He predicted the sub-prime mortgage crisis. He was correct. He then predicted Gold would go up in 2010. He was correct. He predicted Gamestop would go up, and made millions being right again. He predicted Tesla's shares will fall, again he made millions being right.

However, he may be wrong in Bitcoin. Because his main beef is the leverage in Bitcoin. Now it is true that bitcoin traders routinely leverage 100:1, however, almost the entire foreign exchange market is traded with 100:1 or 200:1 leverage. I don't see why Burry is concerned about Bitcoin, but not, say, Gold, where 200:1 leverage is no rarity.

Burry has closed all his shorts with massive losses.

The guy was shorting Tesla and look what happened to that over the last 6 to 12 months.

He was wrong about everything but he said yesterday that he never did short Bitcoin.

6 hours ago, Heng said:

So many red candles.   Losin' some money...  losin' lotsa money...????

Not really.  Your only temporarily down at todays current price if you bought Bitcoin over 60K and you foolishly sell today. 

Edited by how241
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, how241 said:

Not really.  Your only temporarily down at todays current price if you bought Bitcoin over 60K and you foolishly sell today. 

Yes I know.  And been in for well before 60k.  Even when it's on paper though, IMO even veterans feel something heavy down low.   (like if this kind of loss was in my younger days, I'd probably be vomiting)   

Edited by Heng
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

Sell it for a higher price, fortune favours the patient.

Yeah, I'm well into 'greed/academic curiosity' territory and just wondering where all this will go.   No plans to sell at any particular point, red or green.

5 hours ago, Heng said:

Yeah, I'm well into 'greed/academic curiosity' territory and just wondering where all this will go.   No plans to sell at any particular point, red or green.

I've seen many such 'dips' before where the price has retraced some 20% to 30%+ in the extremes followed by a massive swing to the upside.

Based on what I'm seeing, I would suggest we are in an accumulation zone where those market movers with truly massive amounts of cash due to their earlier selling are now re-buying again.

I won't be surprised if it hits new highs before about the middle of December.

I'm often wrong about such short term things but in general over the years I've always had the feeling that it can always go far higher than I would ever anticipate reglardless of where it is at the time.

I wouldn't rule out a dip to the $50-$52k kind of level though

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, ukrules said:

I've seen many such 'dips' before where the price has retraced some 20% to 30%+ in the extremes followed by a massive swing to the upside.

Based on what I'm seeing, I would suggest we are in an accumulation zone where those market movers with truly massive amounts of cash due to their earlier selling are now re-buying again.

I won't be surprised if it hits new highs before about the middle of December.

I'm often wrong about such short term things but in general over the years I've always had the feeling that it can always go far higher than I would ever anticipate reglardless of where it is at the time.

I wouldn't rule out a dip to the $50-$52k kind of level though

The dips are definitely smaller than before.   I've cashed out a bit here and there the whole way (the thinking was... well, at least I get another shophouse out of all this... I could use another condo for my kids' college years, etc.) and in the end just holding the entire time would have been better.   Of course hindsight is 20/20 and like all things that fly, there is always the possibility of it pancaking.   

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, fdsa said:

Okay now it is officially the end of cryptocurrency era, for real.

Sell all your coins until its too late.

What part of 'buying low and selling high' don't you understand?

You wait for lower prices to sell? Maybe it will go lower, surely better to wait until then to sell?

In times like this I've easily doubled up on the number of Bitcoin I held by selling before large moves down and waiting patiently, sometimes for many months, then when I see 1000's of posts just like your post above on forums and the like all across the internet I start buying. Then the waiting game begins again....

8 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

interesting, I think a bit too early to call it, but you might be right

a lot of silly traders will start buying at the dip ????

What exactly do you think happened when the price went down?

Do you imagine a couple of people selling everything they've got and fleeing the market by withdrawing their billions to their bank accounts?

Or do you think it was a manipulative tactic that's very illegal on traditional markets whereby you force the price down to liquidate the over leveraged longs and then scoop them all up at the liquidation prices as they cascade lower and in turn force more liquidations?

This kind of shakeout happens all the time and it's caused by people who want to accumulate more coins, many more than they could possibly buy on the market at anything like the current price ranges, It's a way of forcing liquidity at lower prices at the expense of the over leveraged.

No leverage, no problem.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, fdsa said:

Bitcoin $35000

Ethereum $2500

this is the last chance to buy before the next bullrun. Forget about shítcoins, stick with BTC and ETH.

This is a financial advice, do not do your own research.

Who says it will go up again? if ever. Pity those who bought in at 50 or 60000usd, they are hoping and praying for a miracle.