Thailand aims to vaccinate 70% of people by September

webfact

This is a very dangerous game to play.  Only doing one dose can, potentially, give rise to mutations and variants.  Just like with other medications, it's best to abide by the recommendations of the manufacturer and do the entire course.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/is-it-safe-to-delay-a-second-covid-vaccine-dose/

Is It Safe to Delay a Second COVID Vaccine Dose?

Some evidence indicates that short waits are safe, but there is a chance that partial immunization could help risky new coronavirus variants to develop

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Rocking Robert said:

I’m glad to see he’s doing the best he can to keep the people in Thailand safe. So far for the last 16 months he’s done an excellent job   Many countries would love to have such a low death rate.  Good job Sir

And here everything is closing down or already has and things are getting worse and all over the world people have been vaccinated and everything starts to open up again . Well done ????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand is aiming to administer one shot of a coronavirus vaccine to 70% of its population by September, its health minister said on Wednesday

September? Of what year? Anutin is doing another reach around in his quest to keep his job but clearly this is another load of meadow muffins from the usual sources. 

• Like 1

Thailand is aiming to administer one shot of a coronavirus vaccine to 70% of its population by September

Haha.. it is another late April's fool's joke? Surely if they cant even send 20,000 doses to Pattaya on time as promised. They could never meet this deadline 

Empty words. This guy's credibility is deteriorating rapidly if he has any left at all!

Some excellent suggestions on how to go about the walk-in vaccinations. Perhaps they should start with the oldest and more vulnerable and work down from there otherwise its going to take a year?

Thailand has yet to start a mass immunisation programme and has been scrambling to secure vaccines from multiple brands

And that fact should cause the PM and his health minister to commit seppuku. They had the best part of a year to sort out vaccine supplies and a sensible programme to administer them, but spent the entire time dreaming up fantasies about how they can let foreign tourists back in. And the worst thing is that they're still doing it, messing around with idiocy like the sandbox scheme and reopening to all and sundry in October, instead of using their considerable powers to accelerate the vaccination programme. "Not fit for office" is too nice a thing to say about this pair, they're not fit to clean the toilets during a cholera outbreak.

• Like 2

Firstly, I don't think they will be able to give 70% their first shot by September, that seems to be too ambitious to me.

Secondly, for those getting Sinovac, the first shot in itself is pretty much worthless. They can't really delay the 2nd shot as with other vaccines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I just did the rough math based on only doing first doses.

Do they even have prospects to even have that many doses in that timeframe, not to mention the logistics of delivering them?

that is, of course, a detail in the plan????

1 hour ago, vandeventer said:

It looks like India in having trouble for some people taking the Chinese vaccine no anti bodies after 2 jabs.

What's the chances that they're being sold water by some unscrupulous dealer and not actual vaccine?

Edited by DefaultName
  • Like 1

So is that about over half a million shots per day? 

Well, I guess it's good to have goals.

Ingrate! In what are you going to believe... YOUR logic reasoning... or THEIR daydreaming goals? [sarcasm alert!]

I foresee hesitancy with the AZ jab. An otherwise great vaccine, it does however cause rare blood clots in about 10 per million people, and death in 1-2 of those unfortunate folk.  I just don't see Thais keeping that problem in perspective- after all Canadians and Australians haven't, for instance.  It's going to be a feeding frenzy for the unscrupulous media.  I just don't see vaccine rates being as high as predicted even if available in the millions anticipated.

I just did the rough math based on only doing first doses.

Do they even have prospects to even have that many doses in that timeframe, not to mention the logistics of delivering them?

Perhaps the Thai authorities can retrofit the street food push carts with the cryogenic refrigeration needed for Moderna and Pfizer to reach all the remote villages.

29 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

What's the chances that they're being sold water by some unscrupulous dealer and not actual vaccine?

India and China are not the best of friends or neighbors. Call me biased against the commie Chinese, but it is not at all out of the realm of possibility the Chinese are selling the Indians liquid garbage.

• Like 1

Does Anutin really think that he is fooling anybody with his constant supply of verbal Diarrhea.

Even the most intellectually challenged people dont believe this Man.

He should stop all this pathetic rhetoric ASAP, and concentrate on the welfare, and well being of the Workers in his Construction Companies " Workers Camps ".

Maybe the Man has ben too busy to notice the appalling conditions that these people live in. Too busy to notice that these " Workers Camps " are hotspots for all kinds of diseases. Too busy to report the outbreaks from these Construction Sites sooner.

• Like 2