Jump to content

Teachers .... How much have you saved after how many years?


Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, kynikoi said:

 

One month Afghanistan, one month N Pakistan, 4 months Nepal about 2 years total India. One and half year far north six months walkabout in central and south. 4 months Myanmar.

 

Must be so proud being a citizen. 1m join fb group I want to leave the country.

Yes it is a nice feeling.

 

I love Northern India, I spent time there at McLeod Ganj, Rishikesh for spiritual purposes and Manali for horticultural purposes.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most people I know died before they retired. Think of all the savings/pensions they wasted by not spending it while they were alive and healthy enough to enjoy the money.

Five years.    Absolutely ZERO extra CASH, and I'm happy.  That was the Thailand plan, just don't lose money since even saving 500,000 won't change my life back home that much and I want teaching to s

I think the "career" teachers with higher qualifications etc get the higher salary better positions etc. Many Teachers here are doing it purely as a vehicle to travel and/or long stay, those will

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, alien365 said:

They ask vaguely about your years employed and nothing about salary or tax. Regarding residency I'm not sure.  

 

Did you speak to them or just send the form?  I checked out the form and it sounds like maybe you can just send it to them.

 

Did you tell them that you were working abroad or just "unemployed"?

Edited by BangkokReady
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

 

Did you speak to them or just send the form?  I checked out the form and it sounds like maybe you can just send it to them.

 

Did you tell them that you were working abroad or just "unemployed"?

Just the form providing the basic information. I don't like doing anything official over the phone. They would only see that I am in Thailand from my address. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I have 90% of my coins in staking. 

I get 5% on Btc, up to 20% on others. 

How do you make the 5%  

Can't say no to that sweet 5% 😁

My BTC are just sitting on my wallet year after year

Edited by mvdf
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Neeranam said:

love Northern India, I spent time there at McLeod Ganj, Rishikesh for spiritual purposes and Manali for horticultural purposes.  

 

Was never into that metaphysical mumbo jumbo. It was always road trips and treks. Himachal, Kinnuar, Spitti especially Ladakh.

 

Preferred Naggar or Vashist to Manali.

 

Wife wants to go to Ladakh I'm not certain I can suffer the hassles and grunge any more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Neeranam said:

 

An asset that is depreciating by 15% every year?

 

I have kept all my savings in Bitcoin for the last 6 years.

 

I saved nothing for the first 7 years. When single in Bangkok, saved 25,000 baht a month.

 

After 27 years, I can save 50k baht a month just from my online job. The longer you stay here, the better paid jobs you can get. Mind you, the older you get, the more expenses -  kids at private schools/unis/foreign unis, etc

 

I have a passive income from my investments and plan to retire, aged 56, next year. 

 

 

 

 

Exactly

 

I have have saved little to nothing, but my investments (stocks) have done nicely. Crypto did ok for me too.

 

I still have another 20 years before my (early) retirement, so my investments will be the decider on that.

 

I moved from Isaan to Bangers recently and my salary jumped from 35k to about 60k so you can get better jobs as your career progresses. Only bigger expense is accomodation, so I am saving something now.

 

My goal is to hit about 80k over the next few years.

 

I could easily make an extra 5-10k a month doing just a few hours online as well, but I am juggling other stuff right now.

 

Long story short: teaching doesn't pay great. You gotta have investments or work OT, but if you can get good jobs as your career progresses.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I actually bought in to GBTC and ETHE - this year.. lost a bit on the btc as gbtc had increasingly larger discounts to btc??? but caught the big run-up in ETHE and sold all... had a tidy profit... 

 

I just can't shake the concept that it isn't imaginary... or can't be easily replicated by anyone else... what would prevent it from disappearing tomorrow? who would you call to get your money back? And whose idea was this in the first place? 

 

I have a friend who many years ago packaged nothing and put in a users manual for playing  "Air Guitar" and sold them in novelty shops...

 

At least w/a pet rock you had something tangible... 

 

Is Bernie Madoff having a good laugh? Who could say?

Why are you using all these initials in your first paragraph? Are you too lazy to type the words? All you are doing is making the rest of your post meaningless to read. You certainly type a long answer so maybe lazy is not the right word. 

Please try and remember though, you are on a forum, not texting on a smartphone.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

Why are you using all these initials in your first paragraph? Are you too lazy to type the words? All you are doing is making the rest of your post meaningless to read. You certainly type a long answer so maybe lazy is not the right word. 

Please try and remember though, you are on a forum, not texting on a smartphone.

congrats on your new job as moderator critique... I used the stock exchange symbols for what I bought... people who know abt bitcoin will understand... if you talk abt a Fender guitar - you don't take the time to differentiate between a Fender and a car bumper, you assume people know... 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread went way off the rails....hahahahhhahahaha

 

all good, type whatever you want about whatever you want.....takes me one second to decide if i don't want to read it.

 

teaching in the middle-of-nowhere makes it easier to save on 30-40k, but maybe people working in BKK are actually saving more.  

 

bitcoin.......wow i remember BTC at $400.   and it seemed to be at $400 for a long time......mocking me.  lol

 

i'm 100% sure I've made more in passive income back home than all the hours at school and the 1 million pictures, videos, hot days without AC, bad contracts, etc...

 

all for that WP and a visa.........not all, kids are great.  

 

still amazing schools are offering 15,000 for a NNES.

 

but then i saw on Facebook some falang offered a job to a Thai for 1200 Baht a WEEK for 20 hours......

 

sad

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DavisH said:

Lucky you can do that. Australians cannot. So I'll be working till I drop lol

You can do better...only need to be in Australia 2 years before the pension, and then get the same amount as everyone else. Full OAP is around $20K AUD per year for people living overseas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

congrats on your new job as moderator critique... I used the stock exchange symbols for what I bought... people who know abt bitcoin will understand... if you talk abt a Fender guitar - you don't take the time to differentiate between a Fender and a car bumper, you assume people know... 

As an ex professionaI musician, I have owned three different Fender bass guitars, a J, a P, and a M, but I do not expect any non musician to be able to know the three models I have mentioned.

Also I should mention I never had a Fender FG in my FP.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s Bitcoin Pizza day in the crypto community! About 11 years ago on May 22, Laszlo Hanyecz, one of the early adopters of the newfangled cryptocurrency that had just been coded into existence, purchased a pair of Papa Johns pizza pies using 10,000 bitcoins.

 

hahaha

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kynikoi said:

 

Was never into that metaphysical mumbo jumbo. It was always road trips and treks. Himachal, Kinnuar, Spitti especially Ladakh.

 

Preferred Naggar or Vashist to Manali.

 

Wife wants to go to Ladakh I'm not certain I can suffer the hassles and grunge any more.

I remember the hot springs in Vashist temple -  great, and the freedom cafe. 

Had a great hotel there with a glass roof, wonderful star show.

Trying to persuade my wife to go, she's into the religious stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

As an ex professionaI musician, I have owned three different Fender bass guitars, a J, a P, and a M, but I do not expect any non musician to be able to know the three models I have mentioned.

Also I should mention I never had a Fender FG in my FP.

and i had a fender on my car... how much do you know about ethereum? 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Yes it is a nice feeling.

 

I love Northern India, I spent time there at McLeod Ganj, Rishikesh for spiritual purposes and Manali for horticultural purposes.  

 

 

so, by the time you left you could harvest souls?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

As an ex professionaI musician, I have owned three different Fender bass guitars, a J, a P, and a M, but I do not expect any non musician to be able to know the three models I have mentioned.

Also I should mention I never had a Fender FG in my FP.

confused... that's what I thought - so using ethe for ethereum you are confused either way... maybe not every post on the forum is in your playlist?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 1FinickyOne said:

confused... that's what I thought - so using ethe for ethereum you are confused either way... maybe not every post on the forum is in your playlist?

Just use a bit of common sense, that's the only answer you need.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 2009 said:

Long story short: teaching doesn't pay great. You gotta have investments or work OT, but if you can get good jobs as your career progresses.

You got it.

 

Also, integrate into society to get the well-paid gigs; this means learning the language. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since this topic has deteriorated and gone far afield, I'll close it.

 

//CLOSED//

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Scott locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...