How to stop AIS 'spam'

I receive almost daily 'offers' from AIS, be it something like spend 100 baht and get 5 baht bonus, or internet deals etc. On my old phone I managed to turn them off but they are, of course, back on my new phone and I can't find now how to kill them. Trying to navigate their website mostly results in dead ends - MyAIS has a link to continue, which is dead. Their so-called customer help number just offers job opportunities. Or the site is blocked as unsafe.

I asked at my local AIS shop how to turn these 'offers' off and they said I can't (translation = he/she (for the person was both) didn't know the answer). TVF members benefit from an education and an enquiring mind though, and someone will be able to provide the answer to end this irritation, and I await your revelations with interest. 

I would add that I use a Samsung Galaxy A12 and prepay.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

I had the same problem for months. Several msgs at 5/6am. Real pain in the a.

Not to mention the scammer txts & cold calls. A.I.S could do nothing. ????

My solution. Got a landline with an answering machine . (went old skool) Immigration office seems to prefer it too.  My comment may be biased. As i am anti Phone-zombie.

I'm not antisocial i just enjoy my peace and quiet.

• Like 2

From what I remember last time there is a number to do it, and it does take only moments and most of the messages stop within 24 hours as the resulting sms says. I've just got to try and find an AIS staff member who wants to help. If I get the same 'cannot' answer again I'll just tell them I'll switch over to True. I object to be spammed every day.

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

I just called 1175 and cancelled all auto advertising, takes 24 hours to be effective, will see if it works. Option 2 for English, 1 AIS mobile, then 1 then 3 then 1

Screenshot_2021-05-24-18-51-22-281_com.google.android.dialer.jpg

Screenshot_2021-05-24-18-53-44-165_com.miui.home.jpg

Last time I tried that it just invited me to apply for a job. I've tried again, and it ignored me when I pressed 2 for other languages. I hung up and tried again and it didn't even give me that option but just rabbited on in Thai about fibre.

There is an option on the automated menu.

You can ask the staff member to do it for you.

I did both.

All stopped within 24hrs.

BUT still get occasional ones. Maybe once a week.

I think the sim plays a part in this, the one sim I have cost 49 baht, thats the one that buried me in spam and was a problem. The other sim an annual one, never ever had a single ad since day one.

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

There is an option on the automated menu.

You can ask the staff member to do it for you.

I did both.

All stopped within 24hrs.

BUT still get occasional ones. Maybe once a week.

I think the sim plays a part in this, the one sim I have cost 49 baht, thats the one that buried me in spam and was a problem. The other sim an annual one, never ever had a single ad since day one.

That works if the AIS staffer admits it can be done. I've just got find one who does, although I'll pursue the 1175 option again. Seems to be pot luck if it works or not. Now there's a surprise.

Mention of the sim is interesting, My new phone says in the sim manager that it isn't recognised, but the phone works perfectly for calls. My wife asked about that too and they didn't have a clue about that either.

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Last time I tried that it just invited me to apply for a job. I've tried again, and it ignored me when I pressed 2 for other languages. I hung up and tried again and it didn't even give me that option but just rabbited on in Thai about fibre.

Scuba provided the most helpful, meaningful and detailed reply.

JUST NOW, I followed the steps/instruction provided in his reply and it worked exactly as he stated (including getting the SMS reply back confirming the cancellation).

Edited by HidyHo

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Need to press option 2 as soon as they ask, if you wait it won't work

Do you receive SMS verification codes from your home bank when you use credit / debit cards?

If you do then these messages will be blocked also.

Happened to me with DTAC.

But I never get spam from my AIS SIM, so maybe third party SMS is not activated on it anyway.

I control AiS through their eService website (myAIS).

https://myais.ais.co.th/login?returnUrl=%2Fhome

After login, goto "Service", "SMS Preference/Cancellation".

Only two checkmarks to be set and done.

I don't get any third party SMS and very rarely promotion SMS from AIS.

(just unchecked this to)

Edited by KhunBENQ

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've tried this a few times and it just keeps saying "loading", anyone else having the same issue?

I used the PC website (Windows/Chrome). Not on mobile.

But indeed on the mobile (Android/Chrome) I have the same problem ????

Maybe it works anyway?

Close browser and repeat, check settings.

Edited by KhunBENQ

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've tried this a few times and it just keeps saying "loading", anyone else having the same issue?

I tried on Chromebook/Chrome and experienced same.  However, when I refreshed the page, the selection appears to have been recorded/committed (not where I check-marked but reflected on three individual choices above).

MyAIS Screenshot 2021-05-28 8.43.41 PM.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HidyHo said:

I tried on Chromebook/Chrome and experienced same.  However, when I refreshed the page, the selection appears to have been recorded/committed (not where I check-marked but reflected on three individual choices above).

MyAIS Screenshot 2021-05-28 8.43.41 PM.png

Good point, mine is the same

Email to this address when services didn't work.

[email protected]

Hi,

Just please stop sending ALL SMS from AIS as in https://myais.ais.co.th/services/cancel-sms

Thanks.

Reply came

Dear Khun Martin,

I have surpressed on All content category that has sent from AIS on your mobile number already. Please feel free to contact us again if you need any information.

Best Regards,

Tasanai / AIS Contact Center

Now 90% reduced.

Easier to kill a zombie than stop these texts. I phoned them, they said they would cancel all AIS ones, then send this text to me. I thought the 2nd paragraph was a poor translation of the first, turns out the *731 number is to turn them on again

Screenshot_2021-05-29-17-02-47-358_com.google.android.apps.messaging~2.jpg