It is a relief that Lazada has removed its constant login verification checks (these seem to have transferred to Ali-Express where it a right PITA now) but one thing I do find of concern is the behaviour of the sellers on the site.  More than ever before I've noticed that after searching for an item and ordering one based on the quoted price and delivery ETA I discover a new message in my order list stating that my 'Parcel will be despatched by dd/mm/yy' and the new date quoted will be after the start date of the advertised ETA so in effect they add at least 2 days to the delivery schedule.  I consider this disreputable behaviour as they are selling items  based on a false description.  

Has anyone else experienced this ?  I find it very annoying and it is a sure way to turn people off online purchasing if it continues unabated. 

Here is an example of what I mean .....  

image.png.c93f7f1cac7345798810aae929a0959d.png

Why do they bother stating 01 Jun - 05 Jun when they should be stating 03 Jun - 07 Jun which is the honest situation.  Obviously it is to get the sale and to hell with everyone.   Aaargh!

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, trevoromgh said:

It is a relief that Lazada has removed its constant login verification checks

I never encountered these and I've been using Lazada for nearly 10 years.

(But I login by facebook)

Parcel will be dispatched by ...........

Usually the items I have bought are dispatched well before that date.

Bought a Kindle last Friday, 'will be dispatched by Tuesday 1st'.

Was actually shipped Saturday, and will arrive on Monday.

Bought a fridge last Saturday, estimated delivery Fri-Mon.

Was actually delivered Thursday, at least 1 day early.

It's very rare I have an item delivered after the original estimated date.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

Nothing to do with sellers, its Lazada logistics organising pick-up and delivery schedules. Even those dates are wrong mostly anyway. Either way count on 5 days for most things and if it comes quicker its a bonus !

• Like 1
  • CharlieH changed the title to Lazada behaviour
  • 1 month later...

Mostly because they don't have the item, need to order it in from somewhere else....

I had this a few times, although reputable sellers with large warehouse don't have these issues. It's smaller sellers who buy stuff on order. I had one went from a few days to a week or two (obviously had to order it in from China)....!

On 5/30/2021 at 9:13 AM, CharlieH said:

Nothing to do with sellers, its Lazada logistics organising pick-up and delivery schedules. Even those dates are wrong mostly anyway. Either way count on 5 days for most things and if it comes quicker its a bonus !

I ordered a hand held whisk at midday a few Saturdays ago. It was delivered about 1 pm the following day.

Having said that most take 3 or 4 days and are usually delivered a day earlier.  

• Like 1

I have had local item take 12 days to arrive. Why? no idea, but seller kept updating expected delivery.

May be out of stock, or may be just lazy to make a trip to drop off because not selling enough

(Note: Hate the new light font, typing in BOLD until they fix this.)

I have had a problem with some sellers listing an item, then when you purchase it, they say out of stock and cancel the order. Funds go into the wallet, and you can't leave a bad review for them as you have not made a purchase, so the seller keeps on doing it.

With some orders, particularly, larger value ones, I use COD. This way if it starts to take too long, I can cancel. Also, keeps from having lots of funds stuck in the wallet.

• Like 2

Yes, COD is the way to go, insentive to deliver, and quickly...., also check seller reviews, most with many good reviews do a good job, no reviews at all, or just one or two, walk away... 

2 minutes ago, Agusts said:

also check seller reviews, most with many good reviews do a good job, no reviews at all, or just one or two, walk away... 

not forgetting to read between the lines, sooooh many great 5* reviews are fake, easy to spot with a trained eye.......................

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, bojo said:

easy to spot with a trained eye.......................

Can you give us with "untrained eye" a few clues what to look out for ?

2 minutes ago, johng said:

Can you give us with "untrained eye" a few clues what to look out for ?

when a reviewer is not being specific about an item or their experience for example..................talking in round about ways...................

5 hours ago, bojo said:

when a reviewer is not being specific about an item or their experience for example..................talking in round about ways...................

Yes, good idea to read a few reviews, I have even seen 5* reviews with something like this:

"....Item arrived very late, packaging damaged in many places, item is not of good quality , it doesn't work well...., it broke after a week...., no refunds....! "

I wonder how it got 5* then... ? 🤔 😅