COVID Vaccination Experiences - please post here

Sheryl

6 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Look at it this way, if your body reacts to the spike proteins like that, imagine just how sick you'd be if you got COVID

Good chance booster would not be as bad

That was the booster!

Don't get me wrong I understand that a 'bad' reaction is a good sign of vaccine efficacy. But it definitely isn't an annual flu shot!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Amusingly, once you get the booster (the 3rd shot), the printout sheet for the government database has a new blank yet ominous "4th shot" row ready to be completed. I suppose I'll look at June 2022 for that. 

I also discovered, that the hospital staff can now -- finally-- correct errors in the database. My passport no. was confused with my social security no. . I had tried to get this corrected without success several months ago. 

5 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

Amusingly, once you get the booster (the 3rd shot), the printout sheet for the government database has a new blank yet ominous "4th shot" row ready to be completed. I suppose I'll look at June 2022 for that. 

I also discovered, that the hospital staff can now -- finally-- correct errors in the database. My passport no. was confused with my social security no. . I had tried to get this corrected without success several months ago. 

Good info I just got a new passport

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2021 at 10:15 PM, Gaccha said:

Got Janssen en of last June, Moderna booster in October, re Moderna booster last Friday, and have an appointment for the next Moderna shot on April 16th. It all shows on Mor Prom, the next appointment included.

Pretty powerful stuff isn't?

40 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Got Janssen en of last June, Moderna booster in October, re Moderna booster last Friday, and have an appointment for the next Moderna shot on April 16th. It all shows on Mor Prom, the next appointment included.

Pretty powerful stuff isn't?

I got Covid 3 weeks after second Moderna shot. Sister in law got it 1 month after Pfizer booster. The bad new is Omicron goes right around ALL vaccines. The good news is I still ended up in a Bangkok Hospital with very light symptoms and keeping anti body level up will keep most people alive.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bradiston said:

Don't quite get how "ending up in a Bangkok Hospital with very light symptoms" is good news, especially after 2 shots of Moderna.

Being in a hospital after a positive COVID test here doesn't mean you are particularly sick though. They hospitalize just about everyone that tests positive, no matter how mild the symptoms.

My two grand-nieces had no symptoms whatsoever but still ended up in hospital for two weeks after testing positive.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Being in a hospital after a positive COVID test here doesn't mean you are particularly sick though. They hospitalize just about everyone that tests positive, no matter how mild the symptoms.

My two grand-nieces had no symptoms whatsoever but still ended up in hospital for two weeks after testing positive.

That's what I meant. Getting hospitalised is going to be costly one-way or another. I thought it was possible to isolate at home now.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, bradiston said:

That's what I meant. Getting hospitalised is going to be costly one-way or another. I thought it was possible to isolate at home now.

I think it depends where you live. I believe in some areas they're allowing people without symptoms to self-isolate at home while other areas are not.

Here in Hua Hin they still seem to be hospitalising everyone who tests positive.

On 1/17/2022 at 2:17 PM, bradiston said:

Don't quite get how "ending up in a Bangkok Hospital with very light symptoms" is good news, especially after 2 shots of Moderna.

That's what happens when you test positive at the test and go. You go straight to a hospital. Symptoms or no symptoms. You sound like I had a choice . 

4 minutes ago, club said:

They love people with good Insurance. So they can over charge the heck out of it  Was asked 4 or 5 times while I was in hospital. Total scam 

But your insurance  company  has to agree, in advance..My friend was asked if he had insurance and he answered in the affirmative but insisted on isolation at home.

3 hours ago, club said:

You need to wait 6 months after Moderna second shot before you get booster. Is a doctor advising you to do this ?If so, He is nuts

Absolutely not, your info is stale. Boost is recommended after 3 months. In France you will be considered as "unvaccinated" after 4 months.

Edited by onthedarkside
unsourced and unsubstantiated info removed

The timing of booster shot recommendations vary by country and the particular vaccine(s) given for the original two shots and the booster.

In Thailand, I believe the government's current policy for Pfizer and Moderna boosters is six months after for people who had two prior doses of either.

But if person had two prior doses of AZ, then the TH government's policy is to allow a Pfizer or Moderna booster dose three months after the second shot.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, club said:

Not in Thailand. You dont insist anything to the Thai authorities. Insist on Isolation at home? What planet are you from? You are in their country.  

Wrong, My American Insurance company Blue Cross blue shield didn't need pre approval to cover me.

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, onthedarkside said:

In Thailand, I believe the government's current policy for Pfizer and Moderna boosters is six months after for people who had two prior doses of either.

Government is the keyword here. The Doctor last week kinda said "you get what you paid for", so 3 months and 3 months. Which I Iike as it is consistent with the shifts seen in Europe, where booster vaccination intervals are getting reduced. Also when one looks at UK, France and Israel it seems that mix and match offer better results.

And there is no such thing as a "vaccine overdose", if there was it would be an haematoma. ????

Did the walk in in for Moderna vaccination at C.M.U, on Monday,

it was very well organised , and quickly had the injection, few

hours later shoulder sore and swollen , felt a bit off it for a 

couple of days , this never happened with the 2 AstraZeneca

vaccines I have had before, when there was no reactions at all,

nothing , 

regards worgeordie

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2022 at 4:32 PM, club said:

You need to wait 6 months after Moderna second shot before you get booster. Is a doctor advising you to do this ?If so, He is nuts

Australia has also reduced the time to 3 months for the booster. 

• 3 weeks later...

I received my first two vaccines and booster with Pfizer with little or no reaction, just the usual sore arm and maybe a little fatigue.  I received a 2nd booster (in the US) due to an immunocompromising condition.  The 2nd booster was the 1/2 dose of Moderna.  I felt a little unsteady after having it, then I think feverish during the night and very, very tired the following day.  The second day, I felt fine.  The 2nd shot was 6 months after the last booster.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Province: Buriram

Date: 23 February 2022

Location (name of hospital or other) Local Amphur

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No) Aged 66, not chronically ill

How did you register? Local Poo Yai Ban

Vaccination received (yes/no) Yes 

If yes,  Type of vaccine : Pfizer (Booster following 2 AZ jabs)

If no, Reason not vaccinated: 

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kantharalak, Sisaket

22. April 2022 I got my 4. th booster of Pfizer

I am 75 and just walked in to the local vacc site, the first booster also Pfizer was on 16. dec 2021 and the 2 first vacc was AZ.

Originally I was registered at the local hospital via Mor Phrom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1