COVID Vaccination Experiences - please post here

Sheryl

I got my first booster shot of Pfizer in early January, without incident, at the Central Vaccination Center at Bang Sue Grand Station in BKK.

Today, somewhat to my (pleasant) surprise, I got an SMS from the MoPH informing me that I have an appointment for my 2nd Pfizer booster shot at the same location in early May (4 months later).

That's quite a change.... Originally, I had to be searching and pushing, pushing to get my original vaccinations here. But now, this time, they're making it easy and they (MoPH) came looking for me!

And then there was this today also:

1577456795_2022-04-27ThaiDeathsandVE.jpg.1cf0feced96353bda3299f52e118584c.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/posts/356900726472744

• Like 2

Had my third free Pfitzer locally today having waited 6 months since the second shot. Only 5 other people there , three of whom were kids. Very efficient in and out in 30 minutes including waiting time after shot. 

Didn't feel needle go in and so far, 6 hours later zero side effects , not even a sore arm .......yet.

Probably won't bother with any more boosters unless a nasty new variant emerges.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Received my second booster shot yesterday in northern Surin province. That happened out of sheer luck.

We are from Rattanaburi district, but I have chosen to frequent Tha Tum hospital, only 17 km from our home. Since a couple of years I go there every two or three months for my periodic diabetes check-up. In Tha Tum they cover this area for diabetics much better than in Rattanaburi.

So yesterday there I was again with my wife. About 08:45 we were told that I could get a Pfizer booster shot after 10:30. That I go to a hospital not in my area was quickly solved. They needed my passport and my national covid-19 certificate which shows my first three Pfizer vaccinations, the first two in Khon Kaen at Bangkok Hospital and the third, my first booster shot at the local small district hospital 4½ months ago. so around 10:40 I received my booster shot. I asked the doctor or nurse, if I could take a picture of which lot of Pfizer Biontech they used. Then I understood why I was able so easily to get the jab: the lot's expiry date was 25/06/2565, which was just one day later. See screenshot attached.

IMG20220624104332s.jpg

Edited by Dario
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dario said:

Received my second booster shot yesterday in northern Surin province. That happened out of sheer luck.

We are from Rattanaburi district, but I have chosen to frequent Tha Tum hospital, only 17 km from our home. Since a couple of years I go there every two or three months for my periodic diabetes check-up. In Tha Tum they cover this area for diabetics much better than in Rattanaburi.

So yesterday there I was again with my wife. About 08:45 we were told that I could get a Pfizer booster shot after 10:30. The fact hat I go to a hospital not in my area was quickly solved. They needed my passport and my national covid-19 certificate which shows my first three Pfizer vaccinations, the first two in Khon Kaen at Bangkok Hospital and the third, my first booster shot at the local small district hospital 4½ months ago. so around 10:40 I received my booster shot. I asked the doctor or nurse, if I could take a picture of which lot of Pfizer Biontech they used. Then I understood why I was able so easily to get the jab: the lot's expiry date was 25/06/2565, which was just one day later. See screenshot attached.

IMG20220624104332s.jpg

• 9 months later...
10 minutes ago, maudeads said:

I wanted to hear about good vaccination experience stories. I'm really scared of shots, guys.

My first AstraZeneca jab.  Sat in the chair, nurse cleaned my shoulder with alcohol.  I looked away.  Nurse said OK.  I never felt the shot at all.  The covid vaccination is done with a fine needle. 

Subsequently I have felt most of the covid vaccinations.  None has been the least bit painful.

49 minutes ago, maudeads said:

I wanted to hear about good vaccination experience stories. I'm really scared of shots, guys.

Without looking back through all 14 pages, I seem to recall that the majority of vaccination experiences recounted on here have been just fine.

For myself personally, I haven't had anything other than a little soreness and slight fatigue after any of my Covid shots (four of them so far).

I've never had any significant problems with any of the other many, many vaccinations I've had in my life, either.

• Like 1

Wife and I both recently had the newer Pfizer bivalent vaccines here in Thailand.

As with all the prior vax shots we've received since the beginning, not much other than some day-after arm soreness in the  area  of the shot, and some minor acheyness and fatigue for a day or so.  All of that is standard fare for vaccinations of all types.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Wife and I both recently had the newer Pfizer bivalent vaccines here in Thailand.

As with all the prior vax shots we've received since the beginning, not much other than some day-after arm soreness in the  area  of the shot, and some minor acheyness and fatigue for a day or so.  All of that is standard fare for vaccinations of all types.

While in other threads you and I have discussed and respectfully disagreed with the necessity of mask wearing - we are in alignment with regards to vaccination. 

Thus, my question - Would you comment on where you received your bivalent vaccination, price etc ?...

Thanks.

(this may also assist others who are interested). 

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thus, my question - Would you comment on where you received your bivalent vaccination, price etc ?...

Unfortunately, of little help to anyone here now...

It was at the government's Institute of Dermatology near Victory Monument in BKK.  And it was free for both of us...And that site and its program were reasonably well-publicized here on the forum.

However, AFAIK, the MoPH ended the vaccinations at IOD just before Song Kran, and isn't resuming them there.

Instead, at least in Bangkok, there appears to be a shift to offering them at district health centers on Friday afternoons from 1-3 pm, and at the BMA's dozen or so public hospitals, most of which are probably little known to the average expat.

I've heard little to nothing lately from the various better known private hospitals as to whether they have any offerings of the bivalent vaccines, or even the original ones for that matter.

Another member posted here lately that he was able to receive a bivalent vaccine shot in Chiang Mai... but I don't believe he provided any details of how and where.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

While in other threads you and I have discussed and respectfully disagreed with the necessity of mask wearing - we are in alignment with regards to vaccination. 

Thanks.

I got this from the hospital Line group if it's any help. It's a Lens translation.

Screenshot_2023-04-19-16-43-38-371_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/19/2023 at 1:49 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Thanks.

I received the bivalent Pfizer vaccine at the Institute of dermatology in BKK, free of charge. However I think the service there may have stopped as they offered appointments only through the 21th.  Could call and ask though

https://www.iod.go.th/en/#

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I received the bivalent Pfizer vaccine at the Institute of dermatology in BKK, free of charge. However I think the service there may have stopped as they offered appointments only through the 21th.  Could call and ask though

https://www.iod.go.th/en/#

Maybe remove the #. But I couldn't see any reference to a vax program. I visited Pattayarak clinic behind the seafood market in Na Klua in Pattaya. No bivalent, nor anywhere else in Pattaya as far as I know.

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

Maybe remove the #. But I couldn't see any reference to a vax program. I visited Pattayarak clinic behind the seafood market in Na Klua in Pattaya. No bivalent, nor anywhere else in Pattaya as far as I know.

The link was for their contact info so you could call and ask.

The page for registering for the vaccination only went up to 12 April

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

The link was for their contact info so you could call and ask.

The page for registering for the vaccination only went up to 12 April

This is the EN translation of the Thai message on the former IOD webpage for making COVID vaccine appointments:

"Closing the vaccination queue booking system
You can get a walk-in vaccination service at
Floor 12A, Institute of Dermatology
Date 8,10,11,12 April 2023
(Last day of service 12 April)
Time 9.00-15.00"

https://covid19.iod.go.th/vaccine/