COVID Vaccination Experiences - please post here

Sheryl

Update on Pran Buri in Prachuabkhirikhan.  Nui, next door and Dieter's wife, says that Sinovac is being offered to foreigners at Pran Buri Hospital, a government hospital.  Another near neighbor, Rhenxxxxx,

got his vaccine already.

Personal note: Our trip to Bangkok is canceled.  We always stay at the sister-in-law's house in Lat Phrao. She said for us not to come as she feared the virus would infect us.  Her household's four members have been vaccinated, two fully and two partially.

Terry

I had my first jab of AZ today at BPH. They called me a few days ago to tell me they had been their government allocation and asked me if I wanted to be included with a choice of AZ or SV. Due to my age, 67, I elected for AZ. I was chosen because I have serious underlying condition. I was expecting to wait for weeks but only three days later was given an appointment for today. Only my passport and phone number was required. Starting about 10 30 am the process  took about 2 hours from intitial queue to final rest period. There were about 100 elderly foreigners, most whom I believe had medical conditions. It was well organized but not over regimented. The follow up jab is currently scheduled for later October.  I do not know how to prove I have received a vaccine.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I had my first jab of AZ today at BPH. They called me a few days ago to tell me they had been their government allocation and asked me if I wanted to be included with a choice of AZ or SV. Due to my age, 67, I elected for AZ. I was chosen because I have serious underlying condition. I was expecting to wait for weeks but only three days later was given an appointment for today. Only my passport and phone number was required. Starting about 10 30 am the process  took about 2 hours from intitial queue to final rest period. There were about 100 elderly foreigners, most whom I believe had medical conditions. It was well organized but not over regimented. The follow up jab is currently scheduled for later October.  I do not know how to prove I have received a vaccine.

Interesting.  In my experience you should have been given a receipt after your 30 minute recovery period that should have listed the date of your vaccination, brand, lot number, serial number, QR code, and the appointment to receive your second jab.  Did you get no paperwork from your vaccination site at all?  You seem to know when your second jab is (late October) so I would say take a closer look at any documentation you have for that appointment.  To be clear I'm not talking about anything elaborate like a vaccination certificate, but you should have received something.  See attached.

Redacted vaccination receipt.png

Province: Songkhla

Date: 2021-07-30

Are you over 60/chronically ill? Yes

How did you register? Bangkok Hospital Hat Yai

Vaccination received: Yes

If yes,  Type of vaccine: AstraZeneca

If no, Reason not vaccinated:

• Like 2

On 5/30/2021 at 6:22 AM, Sheryl said:

Province: 

Date: 

Location (name of hospital or other) 

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No) 

How did you register? 

Vaccination received (yes/no) 

If yes,  Type of vaccine : 

Province: Bangkok

Date: 29 July

Location (name of hospital or other) Phayathai 2

Are you over 60/chronically ill? Yes/No 

How did you register? Thailandintervac

Vaccination received Yes

If yes,  Type of vaccine : First Sinovac/Second AZ

No reaction to Sinovac........really "ill" for 10 hours after AZ......fatigued, headache, fever, rigors, muscle aches, dizzy. Feel totally fit now.....albeit a little dizzy.

• Like 1

Province: PrachuapKhiriKhan

Date: 28 July, 2021

Location (name of hospital or other) Hua Hin Hospital

Are you over 60? Yes

/chronically ill? No

How did you register? In person, at BlúPort mall.

Vaccination received? Yes

If yes, Type of vaccine : SinoVac

The vaccination site was well-organized. Good social distancing, with the whole process in a multi-storey parking structure with open sides and good ventilation. Nice view of the sea actually. 

Fifteen minutes from arriving to being jabbed, followed by the 30-minute waiting/monitoring period.

Back home in just over an hour.

Felt sick as a dog next morning (weak, dizzy, nauseous) but felt fine by late afternoon. Bit of muscle ache still.

IMG_20210728_134605.jpg

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 2

Province: Songkhla

Date: 30 July 2021

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No) : Over 60

How did you register? Via Moh Prom and the Songkhla Vaccination website with the help of Bangkok Hospital Hat Yai

Vaccination received (yes/no) Yes first dose

If yes,  Type of vaccine : AstraZeneca

• Like 2

Province: Bangkok

Date: 30 July 2021

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No) : Over 60 (just)

How did you register? Direct with the hospital via email in May

Vaccination received (yes/no) Yes first dose (2nd dose in October)

If yes,  Type of vaccine : AstraZeneca

• Like 1

15 hours ago, skatewash said:

Interesting.  In my experience you should have been given a receipt after your 30 minute recovery period that should have listed the date of your vaccination, brand, lot number, serial number, QR code, and the appointment to receive your second jab.  Did you get no paperwork from your vaccination site at all?  You seem to know when your second jab is (late October) so I would say take a closer look at any documentation you have for that appointment.  To be clear I'm not talking about anything elaborate like a vaccination certificate, but you should have received something.  See attached.

Coincidentally I was vaccinated at Bumrungrad today, and also received no "proof".  Just an appointment card with the date for my 2nd jab and a silly badge!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Coincidentally I was vaccinated at Bumrungrad today, and also received no "proof".  Just an appointment card with the date for my 2nd jab and a silly badge!

That appointment card is your proof and provides important information as to exactly what you were shot with.  Suspect you receive another paper after second shot.  There is a paid method (forget where) to obtain a certificate but not sure if requires both shots (believe cost is 50 baht).  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Lucky you, I just got an appointment slip.

19 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

That appointment card is your proof and provides important information as to exactly what you were shot with.  Suspect you receive another paper after second shot.  There is a paid method (forget where) to obtain a certificate but not sure if requires both shots (believe cost is 50 baht).  

You should have received a "receipt" with your details (name, age, etc), the jab details (type, lot number, from which you should be able to tell thesoyrce, serial number, care provider), possibly passport number and/or a temporary Thai ID number, or normal Thai ID number if you registered with one, and all the other details pertaining to your jab. And finally, the time and date of your 2nd jab.

Edited by bradiston

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

vaccinated with Astrazeneca at Phyathai 2, in and out in 30 minutes.

How, when you have to spend 30 minutes post jab to check for side effects? Lurk on, Longtime, or should that be Shorttime?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

You should have received a "receipt" with your details (name, age, etc), the jab details (type, lot number, from which you should be able to tell thesoyrce, serial number, care provider), possibly passport number and/or a temporary Thai ID number, or normal Thai ID number if you registered with one, and all the other details pertaining to your jab. And finally, the time and date of your 2nd jab.

That is what I was expecting. But I got nothing except the appointment card for jab 2.  And a silly badge.

54 minutes ago, bradiston said:

How, when you have to spend 30 minutes post jab to check for side effects? Lurk on, Longtime, or should that be Shorttime?

I was in and out in 45 minutes, they said before the jab wait 30 minutes, but after 15 they came back along the line handing out 2nd appointment slips and asking how you felt, and said if you feel OK you can go, so I went.

On 7/29/2021 at 10:34 PM, skatewash said:

No receipt..no payment..Paperwork did not detail batch number just name of vaccine and next appointment date. I'll get additional details this week from the department who organized it for me..I believe me an my cohort were the first to be processed following the government allocation to the hospital.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bradiston said:

'Should'...I got a free service from a major private international hospital. They contacted me by phone, invited me / offered me a vaccination then after two days gave me an appointment along with a hundred other people. An excellent free service from my local hospital in Pattaya. I'm very grateful and wish everyone could get similar treatment.

19 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Same as me but all the details appeared om the app a couple of hours later.

• Like 1

Province: Bangkok, I travelled from Hua Hin

Date: 28 July

Location (name of hospital or other) Phyathai-2

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No) Yes, over 60

How did you register? Via their online registration process

Vaccination received (yes/no) Yes, and appointment for second jab in three months given

If yes,  Type of vaccine :  Astra Zeneca

If no, Reason not vaccinated: N/A

Very impressed with their operation, in and out in less than an hour.

• Like 2

Went to bang sue on Thursday .Big problem for car parking, and traffic jams. Eventually parked well away from building and caught a motor cycle. At gate four I was told to go to qate 1 .At gate one they said go to another gate. Ended up at gate 2 .After queuing  the process was fairly simple .A few more signs and instructions might help.There was a lot of people milling around not knowing where to go .Good once inside . Total time 2pm to 4pm 

• Like 1

Date: 29 July 2021

Location (name of hospital or other): Lat Phrao General Hospital

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No) : No

How did you register? Over BOI

Vaccination received (yes/no) : Yes

If yes,  Type of vaccine : Astra Zeneca

Well organised. Enter hospital, up to 3rd floor, to hand over documents and passport. 15 minutes later maybe the queue was called, pay 300 baht at the counter for both shots hospital service fee. Sit down in waiting area, and nurses came and administered shots to people sitting there, one after another. Another 10 minutes or so, and the appointment for next jab was given 3 months later, as well as a bottle of water and a pack of Tylenol.

In and out in 45 minutes or so.

I see some others also writing about side effects. My jab was just before 9 am. On that day I didn't feel anything. Slight discomfort in left arm like stiff muscle but nothing else. Took Tylenol just in case in the evening and went to bed as I was feeling very tired (not sure it was from vaccine or me waking up constantly the night before afraid not to get up on time). But the second day was a whole different story. Between 38.7 and 39.1 fever, horrific headache, and feeling totally drained. Got through the day with help of Tylenol and a lot of water. Now second day, fever seems gone (was 36.6C in the morning) and only slight headache. While yesterday was some more pain in the left arm in the morning, by the evening that pain was completely gone. So I'd say that worst of symptoms came about 24 hours after the jab and lasted full day. Now it's a lot better. Hence... if you do get AZ, make sure you take it on Friday or have ability to take next 2-3 days off, as especially the day after, you may wish you went for Sinovac.

Edited by tomazbodner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tomazbodner said:

Date: 29 July 2021

Location (name of hospital or other): Lat Phrao General Hospital

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No) : No

How did you register? Over BOI

Vaccination received (yes/no) : Yes

If yes,  Type of vaccine : Astra Zeneca

Well organised. Enter hospital, up to 3rd floor, to hand over documents and passport. 15 minutes later maybe the queue was called, pay 300 baht at the counter for both shots hospital service fee. Sit down in waiting area, and nurses came and administered shots to people sitting there, one after another. Another 10 minutes or so, and the appointment for next jab was given 3 months later, as well as a bottle of water and a pack of Tylenol.

In and out in 45 minutes or so.

I see some others also writing about side effects. My jab was just before 9 am. On that day I didn't feel anything. Slight discomfort in left arm like stiff muscle but nothing else. Took Tylenol just in case in the evening and went to bed as I was feeling very tired (not sure it was from vaccine or me waking up constantly the night before afraid not to get up on time). But the second day was a whole different story. Between 38.7 and 39.1 fever, horrific headache, and feeling totally drained. Got through the day with help of Tylenol and a lot of water. Now second day, fever seems gone (was 36.6C in the morning) and only slight headache. While yesterday was some more pain in the left arm in the morning, by the evening that pain was completely gone. So I'd say that worst of symptoms came about 24 hours after the jab and lasted full day. Now it's a lot better. Hence... if you do get AZ, make sure you take it on Friday or have ability to take next 2-3 days off, as especially the day after, you may wish you went for Sinovac.

Thanks for the report.  The reaction you report sounds very similar to mine and I took it as a good healthy immune system response to the vaccination.  I don't think it's a bad thing to have had that sort of reaction, it seems rather common.  That said, I wouldn't have wanted to need to do anything the first couple of days after the jab.  I had the luxury of taking it easy until feeling back to normal.

• Like 1

Province:  Saraburi 

Hospital: Wihandaeng Hospital 

Date: 29/7/2021

Are you over 60/ chronically ill: Yes

How did you register: i was registered by my local tessabarn/ local medical people 

Vaccination received: no

Reason why: Arrived at Hospital, had my name checked and ticked off, then proceeded thru the next lot of tests and 3 more checks and filled out all forms and marked ok to get Sinovac shot. Then told to sit at injection area where nurse giving injections said No foreigners only Thai go away 

• Sad 2

15 minutes ago, wtfracing said:

Province:  Saraburi 

Hospital: Wihandaeng Hospital 

Date: 29/7/2021

Are you over 60/ chronically ill: Yes

How did you register: i was registered by my local tessabarn/ local medical people 

Vaccination received: no

Reason why: Arrived at Hospital, had my name checked and ticked off, then proceeded thru the next lot of tests and 3 more checks and filled out all forms and marked ok to get Sinovac shot. Then told to sit at injection area where nurse giving injections said No foreigners only Thai go away 

Outrageous

Province: Nong Khai

Date: July 5th

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes) 

How did you register?  My wife took my pink Thai ID card and yellow book to register for me at my hospital.  I stayed home.

Vaccination received (yes) #1

If yes, Type of vaccine: AstraZinica

• Like 1