covid 19 Farang behaviour

Sitting on a terrace facing Soi Lengkee, during the past 2 hours seen  6 Farangs passing on motorbikes:

Motorbike modified (extremely noisy)

No Helmet

No shirt

no Mask

speeding crazy

(also saw 2 Thais doing the same)

One wonders  - in 1 1/2 years never seen a police in the Soi, except for once, when there was a deadly crash.

• Confused 1

The police in Thailand are purely reactive....   I can’t think of anything proactive which they do other than a periodic ‘road check point’.....  

The topic title and thread contend seem to have little correlation. 

Farang Covid-19 behaviour...  similar to Thai’s and anyone else. There are those in every group who fail to follow the rules for various reasons. I’ve seen foreigners not wearing masks, but I’ve seen a lot lot more Thai’s not wearing masks... why? because there are more Thai’s in Thailand !!! 

Last week I was waiting to have my motorcycle cleaned: I counted about 40% of riders without helmets and about 5% without facemarks. Most of the helmet less riders were muslims, why? because the area I was in was a muslim area of Bangkok...  I could make any of this information fit whichever confirmation bias I want, but realistically, some members of every single facet of society with not follow certain rules - thats just humanity magnified by ineffective policing.

Of course, none of that fits in to the ‘faux outrage agenda’ some of the news outlets and some of the members of this forum want to post. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Sorry mate, but why would you be watching motorbikes with all the crumpet about ? 

Quite obvious you haven,t been down soi Pothole lately....the vast majority of the"crumpet" have returned home to the villages...plenty of transgesters about though if that,s what you`re referring to.....????

• Haha 1