Is there a current quarantine requirement for people coming to Chiang Mai from Bangkok?

4 hours ago, Dante99 said:

stopover then you are coming from BKK but if you just transit in BKK then you are coming from Phuket

Every flight HKT -> BKK -> CNX makes you self-transfer - i.e. re-check your luggage etc... so does that mean it's literally impossible to fly from Phuket to Chiang Mai without technically "coming from" Bangkok?

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Sure, you can check in many hotels open.

You will have that app on your phone if you come via the airport.

What about the self quarantine for 14 days requirement? How does that work for tourists?

A friend who needed to take a business trip to Bangkok had his HR department contact the health department here in Chiang Mai and the rule stands (notwithstanding what the airline I called said) that coming from Bangkok requires a self-quarantine on return to Chiang Mai of 14 days. 

Again, moronic and baseless risk management. ...

• Like 1
10 hours ago, ascendant said:

Every flight HKT -> BKK -> CNX makes you self-transfer - i.e. re-check your luggage etc... so does that mean it's literally impossible to fly from Phuket to Chiang Mai without technically "coming from" Bangkok?

No

• Like 1

I flew from BKK to Chiang Mai - no quarantine. But I came from Chonburi, not the Bangkok area. 

Chiang Mai is quiet but not dead. Massage shops are open, and so is the night bazaar.