Jump to content

Expats over 60 urged to register for vaccine on Thai govt site


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Yes sir.... but often the case here. Felt the same with their Phone App registration and all the blah blah over yellow books and pink cads. I sill expect tp pay for jabs at BHP some time in the future... along with nursing charges,

LOL, we sure agree on this!  I think they have monkees running this site from the zoo.

 

BTW, If you are talking about private hospital (expect to pay for jabs), BHP is not the hospital you should register at.  The only local hospital you can register for private jabs (Moderna) right now is Pattaya Memorial in the ChonBuri areas, as far as I know.  

 

They do not have an online registration site (probably a good thing!) and you register by email at [email protected] (strange that they use hotmail, I know).  Just make a simple request to register and they will reply asking you to provide specifics like your passport number, etc.

 

I registered with them last week and am receiving update replies from them so it seems like they are viable.  Last email from them was that they are yet providing appointments but will contact me when they are ready. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Expats over 60 urged to register for vaccine on Thai govt site   Wait for it !!       There you go !

And for those living up country are expected to travel to BKK/pattaya ?

I'll try after 3 pm.....September 1st

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

BTW, If you are talking about private hospital (expect to pay for jabs), BHP is not the hospital you should register at.  The only local hospital you can register for private jabs (Moderna) right now is Pattaya Memorial in the ChonBuri areas, as far as I know.  

I see that too as chasing moonbeams..... the BHP has my records, and why I specify there. We shall see what comes along, perhaps a bidding auction on Ebay!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

LOL, we sure agree on this!  I think they have monkees running this site from the zoo.

 

BTW, If you are talking about private hospital (expect to pay for jabs), BHP is not the hospital you should register at.  The only local hospital you can register for private jabs (Moderna) right now is Pattaya Memorial in the ChonBuri areas, as far as I know.  

 

They do not have an online registration site (probably a good thing!) and you register by email at [email protected] (strange that they use hotmail, I know).  Just make a simple request to register and they will reply asking you to provide specifics like your passport number, etc.

 

I registered with them last week and am receiving update replies from them so it seems like they are viable.  Last email from them was that they are yet providing appointments but will contact me when they are ready. 

Funny.

They didn't even bother to reply to my initial email. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Funny.

They didn't even bother to reply to my initial email. 

Call them on the phone first and chat with them a bit.  That's what I did, and I have had good email correspondence since.  The person I was connected with was fluent in English, knowledgeable and friendly.   It sure was a lot more productive than anyone at BHP has been, I can tell you that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gashead said:

I reside outside Bangkok but was able o book an appointment on Monday.  I subsequently needed to update the lost information (including my address) but retained the original appointment.  You mention that some TVF posters have received cancellation notices.  Was this posted here, on this thread?  Did they have confirmed appointments.  Did they get an email or did the appointment simply disappear?  I have just checked mine and it's still there.  At this point I fully intend to turn up for my appointment but if there is some firm verifiable information that this may be a wasted trip I would need to reconsider.

I am in a similar situation like you - were you able to change the Province and retain the original booking made prior? Did you click on the Register button afterwards and all stayed intact? I was not able to validate that non Bangkok residents were not eligible to be vaccinated in Bangkok via Intervac at this juncture and suspect that is an opinion rather than proven fact. If you already have an appointment on Monday I would advise to contact the Hospital directly to re-confirm your appointment.  Mine is on the 24th and the Hospital I scheduled with mentioned to me that they would send me a SMS prior to the vaccination date and they would receive a list of eligible persons from Intervac few days prior to the appointment date and that I should bring the QR code and consent form. DM me for further infos. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VaccineHunter said:

I am in a similar situation like you - were you able to change the Province and retain the original booking made prior? Did you click on the Register button afterwards and all stayed intact? I was not able to validate that non Bangkok residents were not eligible to be vaccinated in Bangkok via Intervac at this juncture and suspect that is an opinion rather than proven fact. If you already have an appointment on Monday I would advise to contact the Hospital directly to re-confirm your appointment.  Mine is on the 24th and the Hospital I scheduled with mentioned to me that they would send me a SMS prior to the vaccination date and they would receive a list of eligible persons from Intervac few days prior to the appointment date and that I should bring the QR code and consent form. DM me for further infos. 

I entered my province as Nakhon Ratchasima both times I had to (once on Monday and then again on Wednesday when it became clear they'd lost some data.  Interestingly, if I log into the system to check my details that first screen (the one with "edit" in blue at the bottom) clearly shows my province as Nakhon Ratchasima.  When I get the the Print/Download screen everything shows that my appointment is still valid.  Obviously between now and 23rd they may cancel it or I could get turned away when I arrive.  No way of knowing if the staff administering the jab will care where live or just the fact that I have a valid appointment.  I am registered at the Phayathai.  Not sure who I could call and whether I'd be giving them the opportunity to cancel.  As things stand if my appointment stays intact I plan to show up.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gashead said:

I entered my province as Nakhon Ratchasima both times I had to (once on Monday and then again on Wednesday when it became clear they'd lost some data.  Interestingly, if I log into the system to check my details that first screen (the one with "edit" in blue at the bottom) clearly shows my province as Nakhon Ratchasima.  When I get the the Print/Download screen everything shows that my appointment is still valid.  Obviously between now and 23rd they may cancel it or I could get turned away when I arrive.  No way of knowing if the staff administering the jab will care where live or just the fact that I have a valid appointment.  I am registered at the Phayathai.  Not sure who I could call and whether I'd be giving them the opportunity to cancel.  As things stand if my appointment stays intact I plan to show up.

Makes perfect sense, I would do the exact same. Will DM you the contact details for your reference.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

LOL, we sure agree on this!  I think they have monkees running this site from the zoo.

 

BTW, If you are talking about private hospital (expect to pay for jabs), BHP is not the hospital you should register at.  The only local hospital you can register for private jabs (Moderna) right now is Pattaya Memorial in the ChonBuri areas, as far as I know.  

 

They do not have an online registration site (probably a good thing!) and you register by email at [email protected] (strange that they use hotmail, I know).  Just make a simple request to register and they will reply asking you to provide specifics like your passport number, etc.

 

I registered with them last week and am receiving update replies from them so it seems like they are viable.  Last email from them was that they are yet providing appointments but will contact me when they are ready. 

   You're doing better than me.  I sent them an email to their Hotmail on May 31st and I got this reply:  "Thank you for your email.  I will send your it to the department which is in charge of providing this request."

   Have no idea what they mean by "...your it...".   So far I have not heard anything more and I never got any emails from the other department referred to in the email I got back.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, newnative said:

   You're doing better than me.  I sent them an email to their Hotmail on May 31st and I got this reply:  "Thank you for your email.  I will send your it to the department which is in charge of providing this request."

   Have no idea what they mean by "...your it...".   So far I have not heard anything more and I never got any emails from the other department referred to in the email I got back.  

At least you got a reply, ha ha.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

"Welcome to the merry-go-round of the Great Mass Experimentation.

If you get sick it's your own business"

 

This could be a campaign slogan

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Gashead said:

I entered my province as Nakhon Ratchasima both times I had to (once on Monday and then again on Wednesday when it became clear they'd lost some data.  Interestingly, if I log into the system to check my details that first screen (the one with "edit" in blue at the bottom) clearly shows my province as Nakhon Ratchasima.  When I get the the Print/Download screen everything shows that my appointment is still valid.  Obviously between now and 23rd they may cancel it or I could get turned away when I arrive.  No way of knowing if the staff administering the jab will care where live or just the fact that I have a valid appointment.  I am registered at the Phayathai.  Not sure who I could call and whether I'd be giving them the opportunity to cancel.  As things stand if my appointment stays intact I plan to show up.

     I plan to show up for mine on the 24th, too, unless Intervac specifically tells me the appointment is cancelled.  So far it is still showing as booked on my account and I have the appointment slip with queue number and QR code.  Worth a shot and see what happens.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Not for foreigners but Thai wife with covid shot scheduled for 15th just received notice that will not be getting UFN.  No vaccine available and unknown when it will be.  This would be AZ issue I believe.  Suspect this due to previously reported delay in transfer to Government of batch due on 14th until maybe 18th.  

I guess if it's only a few day delay, that's not so bad.  Strange though; I mean I thought Bangkok was getting the lion's share of vaccines above almost everywhere else in the Kingdom, and a lot of the supply was being diverted from other provinces to Bangkok...but then again, who really knows what's going on.

Edited by WaveHunter
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I guess if it's only a few day delay, that's not so bad.  Strange though; I mean I thought Bangkok was getting the lion's share of vaccines above almost everywhere else in the Kingdom, and a lot of the supply was being diverted from other provinces to Bangkok...but then again, who really knows what's going on.

The notice was all shots 14th and after postponed until advised due lack of vaccine.  This is at a private hospital so may not be all but was made with the Thai app system so would expect it to be all - and indeed this is in Bangkok.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, VaccineHunter said:

You might want to keep in mind that the Moderna shots haven't even beend ordered yet and so far the purported October delivery dates are purely aspirational. Purely registering your intent to get vaccinated at a Private Thai Hospital has so far now worked for me with Bumrungrad, BPH, Vimut and MedPark, Thonburi Health Group and a few others.. Just a heads up...

That's true but there is every reason to believe the order will go through and could be available as early as August.  Not sure where you are located, but in Pattaya, the Pattaya Memorial Hospital is one of the private hospitals that is designated to dispense the Moderna vaccine.

 

I was able to register very easily by emailing them at [email protected].  If you do register with them, I suggest you call them on the phone first.  I did this and had no problem registering.  Others who just tried to do it without first calling seem to not receive confirmations for some reason.

 

The order of 10 million does (4 million in first lot) is being ordered by the Private Hospital Association of Thailand through the Thai Government's Procurement Office, and it is on behalf of 200 private hospitals in Thailand.  I'm guessing a complete list of those hospitals will be announced by the PHA soon, if it is not already available.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

That's true but there is every reason to believe the order will go through and could be available as early as August.  Not sure where you are located, but in Pattaya, the Pattaya Memorial Hospital is one of the private hospitals that is designated to dispense the Moderna vaccine.

 

I was able to register very easily by emailing them at [email protected].  If you do register with them, I suggest you call them on the phone first.  I did this and had no problem registering.  Others who just tried to do it without first calling seem to not receive confirmations for some reason.

 

The order of 10 million does (4 million in first lot) is being ordered by the Private Hospital Association of Thailand through the Thai Government's Procurement Office, and it is on behalf of 200 private hospitals in Thailand.  I'm guessing a complete list of those hospitals will be announced by the PHA soon, if it is not already available.

Warning: do not rely on Moderna.

4m doses this year. That's for 2m people. 

PBS yesterday: 5m people want it already.

Price 3800 including everything,  every Thai can pay this.

So it will be the same game as Thailandintervac.com: cannot register,  cancellations, Thais first, whatever. 

But not a jab for everybody. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

66 year old living Bangkok.

Just tried to update AGAIN (day 4) with date and time and :

calendar is shaded and inactive therefore cannot complete the old mans registration.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

That's true but there is every reason to believe the order will go through and could be available as early as August.  Not sure where you are located, but in Pattaya, the Pattaya Memorial Hospital is one of the private hospitals that is designated to dispense the Moderna vaccine.

 

I was able to register very easily by emailing them at [email protected].  If you do register with them, I suggest you call them on the phone first.  I did this and had no problem registering.  Others who just tried to do it without first calling seem to not receive confirmations for some reason.

 

The order of 10 million does (4 million in first lot) is being ordered by the Private Hospital Association of Thailand through the Thai Government's Procurement Office, and it is on behalf of 200 private hospitals in Thailand.  I'm guessing a complete list of those hospitals will be announced by the PHA soon, if it is not already available.

Thanks yes - why would you think Moderna would be able to fast track and prioritize Thailand with no firm order yet given the overall demand environment? Just wondering how you reach the conclusion because we were told many dates and have been asked to register at many sites without any firm commitment whatsoever and I have not yet seen a single deadline adhered to. Why should it be different with Moderna? Not judging - I just try to figure out how you reach that conclusion. I am fully aligned with wanting to get the "best in class" Moderna shot asap and pay the 3800THB that has been circulated in the press... I personally have signed up with Thonburi Health Group in January for Moderna and was told it would be available end of February when they tried to import it first and got shot down by the FDA.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ian Wake said:

66 year old living Bangkok.

Just tried to update AGAIN (day 4) with date and time and :

calendar is shaded and inactive therefore cannot complete the old mans registration.

 

Same here. Except it shows AZ available at Phyathai on the 27th. But system reply is Full. Tried many times with different vaccines, different hospitals.  Same score -- zero. 

 

Maybe Lopburi3 above is right. AZ Thailand did announce a delay for a few days and this is the result. I'm still not hopeful.  The private hospital option won't bear fruit until October. That's a best case scenario. Moderna hasn't exactly covered itself in glory around the world. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

I think either the vaccines are no longer available or the appointment times have all been taken for now. 

 

It is going to become a matter of going on everyday and see what pops up.........I got in early and eventually managed to get a sinovac appointment.....not overly joyed but better than dying. Will then go for Moderna Xmas time.

Exactly what I will be doing to - seems like the best strategy for now! I also think Sinovac has a bit of a bad rap because of the reported 51% efficacy due to the brazil phase III trial - other studies in Chile and Indonesia show much better results and given its based on inactivated virus particles its also tried and tested technology and should provide reasonable overall protection until multivalent Booster shots become available in the fall that cover mutations etc....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My question now is.....
The old man registration ran from 7th to 14th but seems like it is full already.

How can the Younger men registration starting tomorrow be anything but a failure as it seems the system is full already

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VaccineHunter said:

Exactly what I will be doing to - seems like the best strategy for now! I also think Sinovac has a bit of a bad rap because of the reported 51% efficacy due to the brazil phase III trial - other studies in Chile and Indonesia show much better results and given its based on inactivated virus particles its also tried and tested technology and should provide reasonable overall protection until multivalent Booster shots become available in the fall that cover mutations etc....

Might be wrong....but pretty sure they are now quoting Indonesia running at 95% effective.......fingers crossed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ian Wake said:

My question now is.....
The old man registration ran from 7th to 14th but seems like it is full already.

How can the Younger men registration starting tomorrow be anything but a failure as it seems the system is full already

Younger will have option to use other vaccines and may not be the same timeframe.   But as they are now not even able to provide those scheduled for shots next week do not have a great deal of confidence in reliability of dates further out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...