No to nightlife, yes to vaccinations: can Thailand’s Pattaya rebrand and reopen?

webfact

17 minutes ago, Card said:

Hey, there are many Asian tourists come to Thailand. You seem to have factored them out. Ethnocentric?

I cant talk about other countries then mine ( i count my country as Europe ) . Close by countries , yes sure , prob options there . Since most of the people here are from the "Western" world i can only vote for them. I do not know about any of the Burmese / Chinese / Japanese / Indonesian/... tourists . There might be a market there , if that is racist , well then it is . I can only see what i know and not what others will or wont be interested in . For Europeans , families right now is just a no go , is this a better quote ? I do not want to offend anyone , and if that is racist , yes then i prob am .... but i believe im not since i do not care what color , religion , sex pref anybody got. Good enough for you ?

3 hours ago, smedly said:

walking street might change but I see no changes to LK or soi 6, if they were earnist in their convictions to rebrand Pattaya bulldozers would be flattening soi 6 as we speak - never a btter opportunity than right now

not happening 

I agree about metro and 6 but I think keeping them either where they are or moving them is important.  Street girls after dark on beach road is not an issue.

However Pattaya has to find a balance with providing not only a draw for tourists but also for Thai's.

4 hours ago, smedly said:

walking street might change but I see no changes to LK or soi 6, if they were earnist in their convictions to rebrand Pattaya bulldozers would be flattening soi 6 as we speak - never a btter opportunity than right now

not happening 

Why would one need a bulldozer to change the business demographics of Soi 6 or any Soi for that matter? They certainly didn't need a bulldozer to change it from a 'Soi Yodsak', a quiet commercial precinct with the city library, dozens of travel and law offices and the town's first supermarket into Pattaya's own 'four floors of whores'.

• Like 1