Kanchanaburi’s Sangkhla Buri district receives only one bottle of vaccine

snoop1130

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Sangkhla Buri district of Thailand’s western border province of Kanchanaburi has received one bottle of COVID-19 vaccine, enough to vaccinate just ten people, because only ten people have applied via the Mor Prom app to receive it, Governor Jirakiat Phumsawat explained today (Wednesday).

Does that mean the governments promise to the world of inoculating 70% [both doses] has gone out of the window?

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

all a misunderstanding.... Its just the result of the Mathematical equation

Ok, let’s begin: ????

1 + 1 = 2

1 + 2 = 3

1 + 3 = 4…

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

This is the flaw in letting fools run the show with no idea that the rest of the country is not digital. 

The know the population of of the province - send sufficient vaccines and distribute them from the major hospitals to all hospitals with clear storage instructions. How hard is that ?

I think you might have missed the point...

People are digital savvy, most own a mobile phone or have a friend with one.

The truth is they haven't registered because they don't want what's on offer... not that they don't know how to.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The know the population of of the province - send sufficient vaccines and distribute them from the major hospitals to all hospitals with clear storage instructions. How hard is that ?

Yes and now you realize why when those who promote " government run healthcare for all" I object vehemently.  The government bureaucrats could not run a 1 car parade without screwing it up.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

...enough to vaccinate just ten people, because only ten people have applied via the Mor Prom app...

Seems like they got what the asked for, so what's the fuzz..?

I live 40 minutes from Sangkhla Buri town in Sangkhla Buri District. Its about 3 hours South to the main city of Kanchanaburi.

I have been trying to register for months.

First attempt was when the poo yai told everyone who wanted a vaccine to go to the local clinic to register. My wife and her 2 brothers did so. I was told 'Thai only'. This was a few months ago.

About a week ago this was repeated, wife asked about me, still Thai only.

I tried Mor Prom when it was announced, no pink ID so not possible (and many complain it was useless anyway)

Recently tried to register on thailandintervac.com, got registered (I think) but as so far it is only serving Bangkok, nothing  back from them and don't expect anything.

Visted both the local clinic and the district hospital a while ago but 'sorry no information'.

I posted in a local FB group to see if anyone had seen any action but apart from vaccines being administered at a very small hospital in Sai Yok district, nothing.

I am putting this failure down to a total lack of communication from the Province to the population. It's also an area with very few foreigners so I'd assume we are well down the pecking order anyway.

Finally I am 66 with 3 of the Big7 so am more than a little concerned and bored with isolating.

Tomorrow we will again go to the district hospital at Thong Pha Phum but I have low expectations.

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I think you might have missed the point...

People are digital savvy, most own a mobile phone or have a friend with one.

The truth is they haven't registered because they don't want what's on offer... not that they don't know how to.

People are not tech savvy... They have smart phones, they can read Facebook and watch TikTok etc, but there is a vast majority of the population than cannot operate a ‘new app’.

My In Laws, both with Smart Phones, both have difficulty using the Grab App. 

In fact, I had a few too many the other night and had to call a Grab from a friends house, I too had difficulty using the App which has changed interface since I last used it. 

The Mor Promt app interface is obviously a new interface for a lot of people. A lot of people have struggled to use it, especially with the repeated bugs. 

My Wife had to book the Vaccines for her parents. My Wife also had to spend some time talking some of her friends through the Mor Promt booking process (her friends are well educated).

There are of course a lot of people who haven’t registered because they don’t want to. My friends Wife is scared of the vaccine and refused to register. She listens to a couple of her dumb friends more than her intelligent husband. 

But, there are a lot of people who are unable to register because they cannot use the registration Apps. 

Then of course there is the ‘other’ issue that someone who wants to register is in a different province from where their ID is registered (lots of labourers etc). 

There are lot more issues with using the Tech for registration, it works for some, but it doesn’t work for many.

• Like 1