Social Security Office’s 45 vaccination sites in Bangkok temporarily closed

snoop1130

Khaosod is quoting a government official stating that lack of aircon as a contributor of high blood pressure. I'm no medical professional but someone with high blood pressure I'm doubting the veracity of that.

There was also a litany of whining regarding the facilities but many of this facilities are hospitals which have closed.

The trouble is that the local people just don't scrutinize this stuff closely enough and the people that are making these announcements are not thinking it through. Quite easy to see through most of this stuff.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, kynikoi said:

The trouble is that the local people just don't scrutinize this stuff closely enough and the people that are making these announcements are not thinking it through. Quite easy to see through most of this stuff.

That's a bunch of racist tripe.  Local people see right through it.  That doesn't stop the gub'ment from putting it out there.

I got my first jab yesterday through this (Social Security) program. It was very efficiently organised in one section of a high end shopping mall. Friendly staff, helped patiently (other expats) who could not read thai, to fill up the form. About 15 minutes from entering to getting the jab, then 30 minutes under observation and out. Because of the shortage of vaccines, we were not given a definite date for the 2nd jab, but told to expect an SMS after 16 weeks.

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Social Security Office has suspended vaccination services at 45 centres in Bangkok, from today (Friday) until June 27th, after four days in operation, for improvements of services

You mean actual vaccines?

2 hours ago, saakura said:

I got my first jab yesterday through this (Social Security) program. It was very efficiently organised in one section of a high end shopping mall. Friendly staff, helped patiently (other expats) who could not read thai, to fill up the form. About 15 minutes from entering to getting the jab, then 30 minutes under observation and out. Because of the shortage of vaccines, we were not given a definite date for the 2nd jab, but told to expect an SMS after 16 weeks.

So the cheque is in the mail?

I predict the next issue to befall Thailand’s shambles of a vaccination program will be an inability to get second jabs. All those details being taken, how long before a bunch get lost?

• Like 1

Basic science teaches body temp is stable except in heat stroke. If these joints have rooves, no heat stroke.

No aircon?!? What are these places, palm-thatched cabanas?!?

No SSO-covered foreigners, I betcha.

Edited by unblocktheplanet
addition