Jump to content

Ambassadors Seek COVID-19 Vaccinations for Their Citizens


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Foreign expats have already been taken care of. Thes European Ambassadors really should keep up to date.

 Incoming!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The shepherd's response to the shepherdess, as we say in France. You don't take charge of our compatriots, well, it's your free choice. But then we will vaccinate them without you, and too bad

Well the UK wont even enquire about there expats. Even though most have paid National insurance all there working life and some will still be paying tax to the UK  government. I appreciate we have mov

The UK Gov are rubbing their hands over the prospect of all the frozen state pensions dieing off in Thailand, having wiped out a goodly number in British care-homes.

Posted Images

I can only conclude that those who are responsible for expats from small countries are taking the initiative
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Australian Ambassidor Alan Macinnon could not give a flying rats <deleted> about the welfare of Aussie Expats and Covid-19.

We wants all the glory from the money the Australian Liberal Party has given Thailand to buy Vaccines for the Thais.

Well i have some bad news for him Labour are going to replace him when the win the next election and he will be turfed out on the street where the dog belongs..

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bluesea said:

and he will be turfed out on the street where the dog belongs.

Don't hold it in, get it off your chest!

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

About time all ambassadors put pressure on Prayut and Anutin to sort out the shambles.

I understand that the British Embassy is consistently applying pressure on the Thai government to honour their commitment to include foreigners in their vaccination programme, as the UK and many other countries have done for Thais living in their countries.

 

Personally I think that a more public stance would be effective - the time for saving face is past - but that is just my opinion.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

If this starts a trend then one thing is a given.

The Australian ambassador will not give a Yelp. 

Your spot on no good waiting for the Australian government to do anything myself and other Aussie expat friends arranged to get the AstraZeneca at the local hospital.

Started yesterday and no cost.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I see a "bandwagon" coming?

 

Maybe, but I don't think it will be stopping

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BestB said:

Anutin would make best comedy show host. His lines would not even Need to be scripted.

 

how on earth does he know that most Belgians are in SS fund?

 

if asked what language Belgian speak, his reply would most likely be chocolate 

French fries, waffles, pralines, chocolate, beer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bluesea said:

The Australian Ambassidor Alan Macinnon could not give a flying rats <deleted> about the welfare of Aussie Expats and Covid-19.

We wants all the glory from the money the Australian Liberal Party has given Thailand to buy Vaccines for the Thais.

Well i have some bad news for him Labour are going to replace him when the win the next election and he will be turfed out on the street where the dog belongs..

Somehow I think your prediction is wrong, unless they get get rid of Albanese then maybe a slight chance

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jesimps said:

Can anyone see the Brits doing this? Rhetorical question.

BBC News yesterday reported that the UK Government had agree to DONATE 100 MILLION Surplas doses to "Countries in Need". 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't be so quick to slam USA. They are donating "Free of any charges or Strings attached" 500 Million doses this month to 100 low income countries. Thailand included! I have no idea how they will determine who gets what but if the split it even that means 5M shots to Thailand.  

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jesimps said:

Can anyone see the Brits doing this? Rhetorical question.

None left they are giving it all to poorer counties 🤔

 

image.png.d9c60678666bb08b4be2e5f1ef00d8f4.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In reply to Dr Jack 54 & others I have lived here for 8 years have had to visit & contact the embassy at least 10 times never once have I not been satisified with their service.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Asquith Production said:

Well the UK wont even enquire about there expats. Even though most have paid National insurance all there working life and some will still be paying tax to the UK  government. I appreciate we have moved away for whatever reason but most have earned and payed for the right to assistance in a once in lifetime event. 

When I lived and worked in the UK for 62 years, 47 of which I worked full time paying tax and National insurance, as a non welfare benefit receiver English born citizen, I am fully aware of being 2nd class in one's own country, not treated much worse here. 😕😕

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jesimps said:

Can anyone see the Brits doing this? Rhetorical question.

UK to donate at least 100 million surplus COVID vaccine doses to other countries within the next year, PM says

Sky News in the last hour, yes we know, we are not on the Boris list...

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

About time all ambassadors put pressure on Prayut and Anutin to sort out the shambles.

 

For those that want it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tonray said:

I'm guessing USA and UK ambassadors are too busy toasting Joe and Boris supping with old Queen Liz ?

 

Don't think the U.S. has an ambassador to Thailand right now. We're betwixt and between....

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HaoleBoy said:

Aus gave $65 million dollars for Covid-19 use earlier this year.

US giving 500 milllion doses ... part to Thailand.

 

Why should any country be giving to Thailand?  Thailand has the means to supply (and make money from) their own vaccine production to other countries here in SE Asia.  Thailand's corruption is so bad they will probably take the donations then put a price tag to sell the vaccines here to foreigners.

The US, UK and other large countries want to end Covid by any means. So in short if the smaller countries don't have the means, "or the Sense" they are stepping up to take care of it in other ways. That's just a nice way to say it. We all want to get on with life and as long as there is covid with new variants developing it's a threat to the World 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

 

Don't think the U.S. has an ambassador to Thailand right now. We're betwixt and between....

 

But we do have Michael Heath is the Chargé d’ Affaires a.i. of the U.S. Mission in Thailand 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HaoleBoy said:

Aus gave $65 million dollars for Covid-19 use earlier this year.

US giving 500 milllion doses ... part to Thailand.

 

Why should any country be giving to Thailand?  Thailand has the means to supply (and make money from) their own vaccine production to other countries here in SE Asia.  Thailand's corruption is so bad they will probably take the donations then put a price tag to sell the vaccines here to foreigners.

Silly way of thinking . Everyone should give and help thailand because everyone should.

 

look through the history, bad foreigners , bad bad bad. Something happens , first port of call? Foreigners . Once got what they wanted, back to bad foreigners 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...