Jump to content

Man seriously injured from electric shock at a gasoline vending machine in Pattaya area


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

It is not necessary to change anything on the electrical supply grid.. The mains are everywhere 3 X 380/400V+N. therefor in between each phase and N you obtain 220/240V. ( almost everywhere in the world ). However it would be virtually impossible ( due to cost ) to convert the USA system... 110V... May sound like unnecessary but bare in mind Ohms Law.  

Different frequency too..... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe I will let the kids who work at the gas station keep on filling up my tank then. 

If he survives without ongoing disabilities he is indeed lucky he wasn't burnt as well.   Given that "electricians" in Thailand sometimes do not understand what an "earth" is, I'm only surpr

Tied to the plastic drain pipe? 😃

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

Yes, I didn't mention that, but now you do , 50/60Hz.

And I also didn't mention: W ( watt )/V (volt )=A ( amps ). Where this is important is that( in the  USA vs the rest of the world ), due to lower Voltage the Amperage goes up. This again being important because the Heat induction is not Linear but logarythmic.

Everyone follow??????

Link to post
Share on other sites

Earlier this year i ran across Second Road from  Mikes shopping Mall to Kiss & food Restaurant, outside that  Restaurant is an eEectric post  which i grabbed  to slow myself from running, and  received an Electric shock from that post, Waitress in that Restaurant said many people complain about it ... ( but noting done)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, actonion said:

Earlier this year i ran across Second Road from  Mikes shopping Mall to Kiss & food Restaurant, outside that  Restaurant is an eEectric post  which i grabbed  to slow myself from running, and  received an Electric shock from that post, Waitress in that Restaurant said many people complain about it ... ( but noting done)

That is in order to reduce your heart beats rate after all the running..😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

And I also didn't mention: W ( watt )/V (volt )=A ( amps ). Where this is important is that( in the  USA vs the rest of the world ), due to lower Voltage the Amperage goes up. This again being important because the Heat induction is not Linear but logarythmic.

Everyone follow??????

My apologies to the ones reading this. Yesterday I used the term ' logarythmic ' whereas it should say : ' Exponential ' . Experiencing some IT problems for the moment, my brain was confused.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2021 at 10:50 PM, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

 

 

Be careful here, hospitals are a special case. They usually have completely different electrical systems due to the nature of the site and the medical equipment used. Flammable gases, oxygen, explosive situations, complex medical imaging equipment. This is a very specialised area of electrical engineering.

 

 

 

 

 

Most hospitals have the same electrical voltage throughout.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Most hospitals have the same electrical voltage throughout.

 

It doesn't matter, the underlying ground system is usually different, often an IT ground (Isolé-Terre, not Information Technology) where the transformer is intentionally isolated from the ground rather than bonded to it. The voltage is irrelevant to that. As I said, it's complicated.

 

The reason for this is you don't want breakers tripping power during surgery, and you don't want ground loop noise on diagnostic equipment, all kinds of issues in hospital environments.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2021 at 8:24 PM, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

 

It doesn't matter, the underlying ground system is usually different, often an IT ground (Isolé-Terre, not Information Technology) where the transformer is intentionally isolated from the ground rather than bonded to it. The voltage is irrelevant to that. As I said, it's complicated.

 

The reason for this is you don't want breakers tripping power during surgery, and you don't want ground loop noise on diagnostic equipment, all kinds of issues in hospital environments.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It mattered to me when one of the transformers we had to use to convert 110v to 240v fell on my foot. Rather heavy, it was.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It mattered to me when one of the transformers we had to use to convert 110v to 240v fell on my foot. Rather heavy, it was.

How about PPE ???? 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It mattered to me when one of the transformers we had to use to convert 110v to 240v fell on my foot. Rather heavy, it was.

Could you step-up after?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...