1 Hour Thai massage ฿100?

JDJD

I was in Pattaya for my second visit ever, in September 2020. Yes, it was a ghost town. Stayed for under 24 hours. I do remember there were 2-3 massage shops on a street perpendicular to Beach Road that had 1 hour Thai massage for ฿100. I skipped the massage but my 2 friends, a guy and girl both adventured inside and confirmed later that day they were indeed ฿100 for 1 hour Thai massage. Maybe it was a COVID special? Does anyone have any idea if there are such deals out there still? No need for extras, thanks! Just the massage will do. 

I appreciate it! 

Edited by JDJD
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, JDJD said:

If I pay ฿300, the wealthy shop owner takes ฿200 and gives ฿100 to the masseuse. If I pay ฿100 and tip ฿100 the masseuse makes out like a bandit. Works well for me my friend. 

Friends wife work in a traditional shop (Soi Buakhao), her charge out rate is Bt.350 per hour. she gets 50%.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JDJD said:

If I pay ฿300, the wealthy shop owner takes ฿200 and gives ฿100 to the masseuse. If I pay ฿100 and tip ฿100 the masseuse makes out like a bandit. Works well for me my friend. 

Well the tip makes a huge difference....you are now officially my hero (not being sarcastic by the way).

• Like 1

And in the end my legs and back feel much better. On a side note, the 10 or so massages I've had in Pattaya Jomtien have ranged from $200-300. Depending on the masseuses attention to my requests ie: this part of my back, this area of my neck, I typically tip 40-80. My tip does depend on the full price of the massage including tip. It's what I've got. Maybe I should consider skipping the relief if the only moral thing to do is to pay ฿375+ tip out the door. 

39 minutes ago, internationalism said:

on jomtien 10h for 1500b.

but they refused the second time when I went there, just  before the 3rd wave.

Others refused any discounts for bulk order, minimum 200/h

I really admire you that you can lie there for 10 hours for a massage ????

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, LoliLoso said:

I really admire you that you can lie there for 10 hours for a massage ????

it was for me and my wife, over several days.

All together we had 40h massage over a week. One day I had 6h, spread over morning to late night.

Because it's cheap and because we were on holidays and had plenty of time

• Confused 1

tourist area regular thai massage 1 hour 300baht now often reduced to 150baht. tipping not part of east asian culture (western import).

have still tipped for exceptional / home service, but thats rare......

the price is the price; if its 100baht that the shop choice; if sub-std service go elsewhere until satisfied.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

so you wouldn't go to the 100 baht shops? or you go but give a 200 baht tip?

Living in BKK the option wouldn't present itself, but if it did I would pay what I thought was the going rate 250/300.

If you think even little like Thai you pay more(if get good service). And yes im not talk "happy end"! Even im farang i try act like im not! I pay more if i think service was good and value was more than asking price!

• Like 1