Thailand reports 3,667 new COVID-19 cases, 32 more deaths

webfact

COVID19.jpg

File photo for reference only//REUTERS/Athit Perawongmetha

Thailand on Saturday (June 19) reported 3,667 new COVID-19 cases and 32 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

● 3,232 new infections
● 435 prison / prison infections

Saturday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 214,449 with 1,609 deaths.
(Total infections since April 1: 185,586)

The news comes as Thailand’s Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) announced adjustments to COVID-19 monitoring zones and the easing of some restrictions, effective Monday (June 21st).

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-06-19

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

2,797 community transmissions. Quite high official numbers. X10 and I think this would be a truer number. No testing then no asymtomatics found.

It’s 3232 community transmissions. 
quite clear from the info graphic 

Do yourself a favor, avoid indoor places with lots of people.  covid is still a thing, and outdoors seems to be much safer.   maybe only once a week to makro, buy a lot of stuff.   

covid can happen anywhere, no question about that.

to know about your surroundings, ask a Thai person.  it's the best way to learn.  

everyone keeps telling me to avoid the Sinovac vax.   Maybe I should start listening to them.........but If I'm offered the Sino, I'll take it.  lol

famous last words

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

It’s 3232 community transmissions. 
quite clear from the info graphic 

Prisoners are not in the community hence are not considered community transmissions. 3232-435=???????. Quite clear from the info graphic.

Edit: Also quite clear my brain is mush this Sat morning. Ooops.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Prisoners are not in the community hence are not considered community transmissions. 3232-435=???????. Quite clear from the info graphic.

Isn't is 3,232 community transmissions + 435 prison transmissions = 3,667 total transmissions.

Where did 2,797 come from?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Quite clear from info graphic that total case numbers are 3667 subtract the prison numbers of 435 and you get 3232 community cases. 
back to school for you. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, realfunster said:

Nicely put.

I worry they will get the worst of both worlds.

Borders shut/ASQ when Thailand didn’t have many cases.

Other countries tourists now ready for travel in Q3’21 and Thailand will be red-listed for COVID for the rest of the year. (Perhaps they already suspect this, hence the Phuket sandbox…)

All stemming, IMHO, from a ridiculous vaccine policy.

It was evident from Q3 last year that comprehensive vaccination was the only way to get a country open to tourists again. 

Think of those billions of $ already lost, and about to be lost.

Totally idiotic not to more widely invest in a range of vaccines.

What were the motivations for the decision on solely using AZ/SB ?

Ignorance ? Pride ?

All inexcusable…

116 days from now the country will be wide open according to Prayut and in just 12 days the masses will be flocking to Phuket, or will they. 

2 hours ago, realfunster said:

Nicely put.

I worry they will get the worst of both worlds.

Borders shut/ASQ when Thailand didn’t have many cases.

Other countries tourists now ready for travel in Q3’21 and Thailand will be red-listed for COVID for the rest of the year. (Perhaps they already suspect this, hence the Phuket sandbox…)

All stemming, IMHO, from a ridiculous vaccine policy.

It was evident from Q3 last year that comprehensive vaccination was the only way to get a country open to tourists again. 

Think of those billions of $ already lost, and about to be lost.

Totally idiotic not to more widely invest in a range of vaccines.

What were the motivations for the decision on solely using AZ/SB ?

Ignorance ? Pride ?

All inexcusable…

I hate to say it, but I think a desire to corner the market and make money might have been a primary motivator.

Perhaps it would be nicer to say, save the country money by buying our own stuff, but my first sentence may be uglier, but more accurate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

116 days from now the country will be wide open according to Prayut and in just 12 days the masses will be flocking to Phuket, or will they. 

Not totally sure, but I think I read somewhere that the 120 days starts from 1st July.

might be wrong on that.

With case numbers creeping slowly higher and a distracted Prime Minister who's behaving as if he's got the virus completely under control, Thailand is looking very much like India did back in March. Just pray that it doesn't end up going that way, though the government is doing little to prevent it.

INDIA-CORONAVIRUS-CREMATION.jpg?w=1000

• Like 2