Government’s latest Covid-19 restrictions spark civil disobedience campaign

webfact

Maybe in the west they would find some idiots to participate in collectively breaking the law; America would seem like a good starting point. Fortunately people here tend to be a bit more mature and reasonable. The few who decide to break the law I hope will be served the right punishment. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Frankly, I think any customer would be nuts to eat in anywhere but a restaurant completely empty except for the staff

I was out at full restaurants 4-5 times per week before the latest round of restrictions. Life's not so bad when you're a little nuts I guess.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tarteso said:

Civil disobedience campaign ?

Not good idea for a Country that ruled by military with submarines. ????

Be fair, not like there's going to be submarines patrolling the streets ! Or are you assuming 100,000 Thais are about to take to the seas in a watery disobedience campaign ? ????

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The people behind the hashtag are calling for a three pronged approach that will begin with what they called a "flashmob" that appeared to be the simultaneous streaming of a concert from the Junk House Music Bar to participating restaurants spread across police jurisdictions.

I think the people behind the hashtag's three pronged approach will begin with a trip to gaol, if that doesn't work then a disappearing act followed by a gut full of cement. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Be fair, not like there's going to be submarines patrolling the streets ! Or are you assuming 100,000 Thais are about to take to the seas in a watery disobedience campaign ? ????

Not sure..????

DEA6221D-0E79-4BEA-A2C2-51A131268B26.jpeg

Edited by Tarteso
  • Haha 2

Easy, if an outbreak can be traced to the restaurant and someone dies of covid, or someone who's been in contact with someone who got infected at the restaurant dies of covid, put the restaurant owner in jail for manslaughter. 

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Let's face it the man screwed up.

There should have been a 2 week lockdown in April when this started.  During that 2 weeks the government should have been getting everything organized.

While yes the business people are getting <deleted> and rightfully so I can tell you that it is not just them.

Everyone has had enough of being told to stay away from others and stay home.  

The problem bars have is that a lot of them break the rules especially if they are well connected like Thonglor bars are.

If they open bars on the street there will be issues with young people I am sure along with a few people from here over imbibing.

Is there a solution.  

Not anymore that will make people happy

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Walker88 said:

I haven't seen any massage parlors that are closed, despite "only foot massages are allowed", under Covid-19 restrictions. Unless a customer has a particular fetish, I don't think too many feet are being massaged, and that the contact taking place inside the parlors is at a rather non-socially-distanced range.

.....but nobody can sit in a restaurant to enjoy a meal, much less have a glass of wine with it.

Where did you read only foot massage?

To be fair, it is not only here.

Scotland in it's 4th real lockdown & NSW will be again after todays news.

Parts of the US are just starting to go backwards.

Restaurants should think themselves lucky that they have had 3 months in operation.

Spare a thought for the poor old bar owners who have 0 income

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MikeyIdea said:

Easy, if an outbreak can be traced to the restaurant and someone dies of covid, or someone who's been in contact with someone who got infected at the restaurant dies of covid, put the restaurant owner in jail for manslaughter. 

And if an outbreak could have been prevented by faster acquisition of quality vaccines put the Czar in jail for manslaughter. 

21 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Whats taken Thai people so long to start kicking off? 

You beat me to it,  they should be kicking off everywhere, but not ony about dining in, but about the lack of vaccine, and the broken promise of 10 million jabs per month.... 

17 hours ago, Caldera said:

I'm all for civil disobedience in a country that has the kind of government that Thailand is plagued with.

That being said, this particular act of defiance in this particular situation looks very reckless to me. What good is it to "stay open" when hospitals already cannot cope with Covid-19 cases?

This is a myth all over the world.. the notion that hospitals are overloaded .. overall mortality has not risen.. I was in Sukhumvit hospital last week for routine medical care-the place was practically empty with ample staff and the top 3 floors are not even used.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, pkspeaker said:

i'm watching Wimbledon on tv and at least there are few restrictions in england, that's because in england the people finally got fedup with it and started rioting, hopefully the civil disobedience campaign here ends the locksdowns for good, the germaphobes can lock themselevs home or take the vaccine, leave the rest of us the f alone

Yes!

As it always should have been !

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, pkspeaker said:

This is a myth all over the world.. the notion that hospitals are overloaded .. overall mortality has not risen.. I was in Sukhumvit hospital last week for routine medical care-the place was practically empty with ample staff and the top 3 floors are not even used.  

Same here in US I was in ER in Decemeber due to bike accident

First thing I asked was how is the Covid deal & how many do you have

They said they have none & in two previous months had 1

Albeit in the USA we never told C19 positive asymptomatic folks or even folks with symptoms to come to the hospital

Instead they were told to say home unless trouble with breathing occurred ...It is still that way

This is their & CDC Standard protocol

• Stay home. Most people with COVID-19 have mild illness and can recover at home without medical care. Do not leave your home, except to get medical care. Do not visit public areas.
• Take care of yourself. Get rest and stay hydrated. Take over-the-counter medicines, such as acetaminophen, to help you feel better.

Edited by meechai