Visa and Immigration Cambodia

Single Entry 30 days and 3-months visa to Cambodia

1. 3-months visa

pasted image 0.png

Source: https://www.evisa.gov.kh/

2. 30-day tourist visa

There is also a 30-day tourist visa available to travelers in advance or on arrival for most nationalities for a cost of $30 if you get it directly at the airport. The tourist visa is single entry only, and can be renewed once for an additional 30 days for a fee of between $30 and $50.

The validity of the visa refers to the time you have to enter Cambodia. The visa is valid for 30 days from the actual date of entry into Cambodia. Make sure your passport is stamped on arrival, and keep the departure form. If you lose your departure form, you’ll need to contact immigration officials before you leave the country to make alternative arrangements.

You can be fined, detained and deported if you overstay your visa. There is a fine of $10 per day for overstaying the validity term of your visa. There is no limit to this fine. Those who overstay more than 30 days will need to leave Cambodia in addition to paying the fine.

Source: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/cambodia/entry-requirements

• 3 months later...

Am a senior citizen, US pensioner whose ER visa has obviously expired. Almost 4 years living in KH. Had come into Malaysia for a week when the lock downs happened last March.

I've been paying $150/mo rent in SHV and had long ago decided the value of my things could have been repurchased several times had I just told the landlord I'm not coming back soon. I just don't believe it will be that difficult to locate another place for rent should the borders reopen. There was massive construction all over my neighborhood (OP-02) when I went on vacation.

Anyway, I've decided to inform him this week (10/2021) to clean the room and prepare to lease it to whomever wants it. I don't see the border opening soon and am only concerned about keeping my SMART prepaid active, and sending W.U. into my Maybank ATM card.

• 1 month later...

What's the current requirement regarding visas? I understand I need

1. a negative RT PCR test 72 hours prior to departure

2. to be fully vaxxed

3. to take a rapid antigen test on arrival.

But what about visas? Are they only available at the airport on arrival? The e-visa site seems to be down.

4 hours ago, zzzzz said:

NO VOA< 
visa in advance or online

works fine::https://www.evisa.gov.kh/

note:
currently a tourist visa can be converted to a E-visa which can be extended for 1 year at a time> ER or EB extension  
not sure for how long this will be available.

Thanks. I got myself a 12 month visa last year. Never had the chance to use it. It's expired now. Very costly visa! I recall having to specify a particular kind of tourist visa in order to get it converted by an agent near the river. Went in by land at hat lek.

Edited by bradiston

23 hours ago, bradiston said:

What's the current requirement regarding visas? I understand I need

1. a negative RT PCR test 72 hours prior to departure

2. to be fully vaxxed

3. to take a rapid antigen test on arrival.

But what about visas? Are they only available at the airport on arrival? The e-visa site seems to be down.

As far as I know visas are not available on arrival.  Haven't been for quite a while now. You need to have a visa (as well as proof of vaccination and PCR test) to travel to Cambodia.

Evisa  site is working fine. Maybe you had wrong address?

I would be cautious about travel now though as the new variant is rapidly causing countries to close to international travel. Best thing to do now is make sure you are in whatever country you would want to be stuck in for an indefinite period of time. If that is Cambodia then travel as soon as possible. If not, may be best to stay put.

Do not assume there will be much if any advance notice of closures.

14 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

As far as I know visas are not available on arrival.  Haven't been for quite a while now. You need to have a visa (as well as proof of vaccination and PCR test) to travel to Cambodia.

Evisa  site is working fine. Maybe you had wrong address?

I would be cautious about travel now though as the new variant is rapidly causing countries to close to international travel. Best thing to do now is make sure you are in whatever country you would want to be stuck in for an indefinite period of time. If that is Cambodia then travel as soon as possible. If not, may be best to stay put.

Do not assume there will be much if any advance notice of closures.

Yes, I had the wrong link for the e-visa. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2021 at 11:43 AM, zzzzz said:

NO VOA< 
visa in advance or online

works fine::https://www.evisa.gov.kh/

note:
currently a tourist visa can be converted to a E-visa which can be extended for 1 year at a time> ER or EB extension  
not sure for how long this will be available.

Thanks. Weird that a forum of foreigners has more up to date detailed information than Cambodian gov't's own website!

What is price to convert tourist visa to ordinary visa? Can you do it w/o going through an agent? If I intend to stay in Cambodia three months what is the most sensible way of doing my paper work - apply for Ordinary visa at Embassy in Bangkok, then extend twice in Cambodia ... Or apply for T visa, convert to Ordinary visa, and extend that once?

If it makes a difference, I am crossing my fingers that in February or March Vietnam will open, so multi-entry would be ideal. But I don't want to pay the high (?) price of a one-year multi-entry.

Edited by World Traveller2

use an agent to convert T ( tourist) visa to ordinary ( business visa), but see numbers for around $100 or so

You CANT get an Ordinary, ( Business ) visa at  embassy, Unless ur employed or have a company willing to employ you and provide you all the necessary docs
its a royal pain in the ass
https://cambodiaembassyinthailand.wordpress.com/consular-services/visa/

ALL visas are only valid for 30 days than you apply for an extension 3, 6 $180) ,12, $280-300)  months ( 6 & 12 are multiple entry)

tourist visa can be extended for ONLY 30 days for around $40

• Thanks 1

Anyone have the short story on what info you need to apply online? I start the process then go look up my address, or the phone number of a hotel I might stay at, locate scans of my passport etc. Then I have to start from the beginning every time. Don't know why they don't just spell it out from the start: "before you begin this application, you must know your flight#..."

As I see it, this e-visa system is labour-saving only for the departments of Immigration of various governments. It is basically like going into a cafeteria, except there you get cheaper food because you are doing the work. But the difference is that you can vote with your feet eating out.

Edited by World Traveller2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having trouble finding information about this 14-day quarantine for unvaccinated tourists. Does anyone know about that? Is it a simple self-quarantine like in Hawaii? Or is it an expensive complicated affair like in Thailand? What hotel choices would I have?

Edit: I found the answer.  Expensive like Thailand. In fact, you only get 5 choices of hotels lol. Forget Cambodia.

Edited by zabel00

• 1 year later...