Those Cheap cordless drills from Lazada - Any Good?

Beachcomber

Was looking at some those cheap cordless drills they have on Lazada.

Want a spare back up for quick small jobs but don't want to spend another bunch of money on something that only get used very occasionally.

Anyone have experience with any of these cheap drills?

This one seems good value, if it actually does what it says on the box. 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/mily-99v-2-2-29-014-i1908628232-s7399222415.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.23.4e188806YGSPXR&search=1

1791875590_MillyThai.jpg.1acdf3ba7f3e869f8d8f814e66b8cb23.jpg

There are cheaper ones but then they only come with one battery.

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=cordless+drill&_keyori=ss&from=input&spm=a2o4m.searchlist.search.go.75938806iKteHf

12 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Always thinking of getting one but my 40 year old black and decker is still going, bet these wont last as long.

Is it cordless?

About 30 years ago back in the old world I had a B&D cordless.

Compared to these new ones I remember it was heavy and chunky, but did it's job.

The ones you can get now are much better, more power and lighter to use.

????

59 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

Is it cordless?

About 30 years ago back in the old world I had a B&D cordless.

Compared to these new ones I remember it was heavy and chunky, but did it's job.

The ones you can get now are much better, more power and lighter to use.

????

No plug in built like a tank and the cord is too short

Edited by clivebaxter

55 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Don't expect these to drill concrete.

But perfect for changing hinges on doors, and moving the screw holes in the frames.

Probably the <deleted> Chinese drills, use better ones and they should drill into concrete

• Confused 1

i got one, fine for small jobs. Used mainly as a power screwdriver but have used it for drilling holes. small and light so good for them jobs up a ladder etc.

i was surprised how well it performed considering the price

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

But this topic is about cheap cordless drills.

He was talking about the drill bits. Not the drill itself. But to be honest i used both cheap drills and the bosh profi line and you notice the difference. You get what you pay for. But if you don't use it much then why not. I got one with a powerplug a hammer drill from bosh and a hand held one. Both are great but for different jobs.

Drill bits do make a big difference though, the cheap ones break easy.

And

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

Drill bits do make a big difference though, the cheap ones break easy.

And the screwdriver bits. I bought diamond tipped bits, pack of 6, many moons ago and they are still OK. Cheap ones become useless with just a few bad slips on a screw. Mind at the price you have to be very careful not to lose them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, briley said:

And

And the screwdriver bits. I bought diamond tipped bits, pack of 6, many moons ago and they are still OK. Cheap ones become useless with just a few bad slips on a screw. Mind at the price you have to be very careful not to lose them.

Diamond tipped screwdriver bits?

First also ask yourself what your using it for. The one shown looks appropriate for moving screws or drilling wood. Do you need variable speed, high speeds for metal, etc. Concrete used a lot out here, corded impact drill might be more versatile. 

Weak link on these cheapies is normally the battery. Even good gear the battery self drain and if not used regularly go below the point of recharging. Are some DIY hacks that can bring them back to life, but the hassle at that price point, I would buy a extension cord (useful at times for many things anyways) and the corded version at the same price with more power. 

• Like 1