Lazada merchants - I've now received 2 fake deliveries COD

scubascuba3

27 minutes ago, ViajeroLA said:

What rating that sellers have? Was the price significantly lower than it should be?

I never experienced smth like that, but I wouldn't order from no 0 feedback sellers especially when they offer a really outstanding price

the first seller had about 800 ratings, but out of stock after i ordered, I don't know why they would do that, they've not given an explanation...the second seller from China was a 100 baht below normal price for a tyre but feedback looked ok, not clear why someone would send an envelope instead for COD, obviously not the item ordered

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Explain why you think that?

I offer the following in partial support of CC's post: 

Your computer may not have been hacked, but if you are receiving unsolicited packages from online sellers as part of a brushing scam, someone has gotten your contact details from somewhere, perhaps a data breach. The scammers will then use your name to post reviews online of products that you did not order. It is a form of identity theft. Perhaps not exactly the same as having your computer hacked, but it is in the same general category.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I'm just curious why this is considered a scam, fraud and a fake delivery?  Sounds more like the wrong items were sent or mistakenly ordered, simply reject/return the items,  nothing nefarious going on.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bbko said:

I'm just curious why this is considered a scam, fraud and a fake delivery?  Sounds more like the wrong items were sent or mistakenly ordered, simply reject/return the items,  nothing nefarious going on.  

Hard to know with information in thread but there is a real and current issue with fake items being sent COD in Thailand and many Thai have been victims of it - paying and then finding family they or family member had not ordered.  Often a cheap sex object as illegal and receiver is unlikely to make police report.

This may not even be a delivery service - just someone who got name/address and makes delivery in guise of delivery service.

Edited by lopburi3

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Hard to know with information in thread but there is a real and current issue with fake items being sent COD in Thailand and many Thai have been victims of it - paying and then finding family they or family member had not ordered.  Often a cheap sex object as illegal and receiver is unlikely to make police report.

This may not even be a delivery service - just someone who got name/address and makes delivery in guise of delivery service.

Good reason never to order anything COD. Then if someone shows up with a demand for money you will know it's a scam and can simply refuse receipt.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, nrasmussen said:

Good reason never to order anything COD. Then if someone shows up with a demand for money you will know it's a scam and can simply refuse receipt.

I keep a careful check and log in a folder everything I order through Lazada including the order number, price and delivery date. If a COD item turns up that I didn't order, I would simply refuse to accept it.

Everything I order through Lazada is COD unless it is a high ticket number, and those I pay though online banking.

12 minutes ago, billsmart said:

You say they sent you an envelope instead of the item you ordered. So, you did order something from them. Did you ever get that? Did you check Lazada to see if there were any comments left on your order? The reason I'm asking is I order a of things from Lazada and Shoppee but have never had any trouble with any of my orders.

in case 1, i ordered shorts COD, legit seller, bought from them previously, 800+ reviews, but out of stock, seller didn't cancel, after a few days, a package was being sent which turned out to be an envelop, i rejected it so no idea what was in side. Seller and Lazada haven't given an explanation.

In case 2, i ordered a bicycle from China COD, after about a week an envelop turns up, i reject, seller is unresponsive

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bbko said:

sounds like you don't understand what the problem is

51 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I keep a careful check and log in a folder everything I order through Lazada including the order number, price and delivery date. If a COD item turns up that I didn't order, I would simply refuse to accept it.

Everything I order through Lazada is COD unless it is a high ticket number, and those I pay though online banking.

Must be a good business decision for them to offer a large variety of payment options as their customers obviously have different preferences. You prefer COD and online banking; I always pay with credit card.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Online banking is not even offered as an option to me - gray out unable select.  Or is it phone app banking you use?  Using CC now.  But would prefer online banking as with Shopee which years ago did have with Lazada.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Online banking is not even offered as an option to me - gray out unable select.  Or is it phone app banking you use?  Using CC now.  But would prefer online banking as with Shopee which years ago did have with Lazada.  

With reference to Lazada, you are choosing the wrong payment option. I think you have to choose something like Bank Transfer if you want to pay using your bank account. 

I vaguely remember seeing the same thing, but then chose the option that allowed me to pay using a bank account. 

Perhaps it's because you haven't entered your bank account details as a payment option in advance.

Edited by Eindhoven
  • Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 5:22 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Two different sellers, one in Thailand and one in China, both have sent a small envelope package rather than the items I wanted. Anyone else having the same problem? must be some scam fraud going on. I rejected both items

I had one of those.  I found out the shop was on Lazada.  I inquired where they got my information.  It turns out that both Shopee and Lazada will provide maybe they sell that information.  They refunded my COD after I told them I would report them to Lazada. 

Had 1 case like that with a Thai seller. Reported to Lazada after seller went quiet. They told me to send it back to seller (after I sent the pictures of what was delivered). Got return sticker and after seller received his piece of cardboard back (Lazada tracked it), I got a refund.

They did cause a wreck however when seller accidentally missed out something from order (incomplete received). Instead of just asking to resend missing parts, one of the agents, stating opposite from the rest, demanded I send everything back to seller. It was inconvenient for me and seller. I've bought from that seller before and after, so I know that wasn't malicious. But the agent who dealt with my case near the end refused anything and everything agreed with other agents, and demanded I send the rest back.

Other than that, no issues with Lazada in 5+ years.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Much better than paying in advance! Try getting your money back if it goes pear shaped

Getting money back when paying with credit card is very easy.

I think I've tried it all: wrong item, defective item, counterfeit item, item never received, item never shipped.

In all cases I just filed a complaint online, and in case they wanted the item back (sometimes they just let you keep it), printed out a return label and dropped it all off at the post office free of charge.

In every case, within one week the full amount was returned to my credit card.

As an added security, if for some reason it would be difficult to get my money back, I just can ask the credit card issuer to deal with it.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, nrasmussen said:

Getting money back when paying with credit card is very easy.

I think I've tried it all: wrong item, defective item, counterfeit item, item never received, item never shipped.

In all cases I just filed a complaint online, and in case they wanted the item back (sometimes they just let you keep it), printed out a return label and dropped it all off at the post office free of charge.

In every case, within one week the full amount was returned to my credit card.

As an added security, if for some reason it would be difficult to get my money back, I just can ask the credit card issuer to deal with it.

I had a scam and the opposite with a credit card, it took months, it was a Chinese Hong Kong scam.

I ordered some 10kg free weights from online via a platform. I followed and checked via track and trace as the package made its way through the system.

It arrived very late and it was an envelope containing teeth whitening sticks valued at about 20 baht. Nothing to do with what I had ordered.

After constant correspondence,their bank in Hong Kong refused to refund to my bank on various technicalities, saying the seller had attempted to resolve the matter.

The seller had offered my 1/3  cash refund on goods ordered back to my credit card, after they apologized and blamed it on warehouse problem. It should have been full refund and they just wouldn't do it. They kept saying keep the whitening sticks and we will refund 1/3 of the purchase price paid.

How does a warehouse confuse two free weights with teeth dental sticks?

It was a total scam that went on three months. I eventually accepted the 1/3 value as it was just too much hassle and it wasn't a huge amount, but imagine doing that many times over in a day like they were obviously doing?

They also said all refund postage etc was at my expense as they would only cover something like 45 baht. I tried to get my cheated money out  of principle but quit as it was just going on and on. The credit card company, based in Thailand knew it was a scam, but just kept asking for more and more information and asking me to resolve it with the seller

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Nonsense,

I always order COD as do many Thais to make sure I get the product.

If somebody came to my house asking payment for something I didn't order, I would decline both package and payment.Simple!

My reply was in response to receiving something addressed to a family member and then just paying without checking with them first. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Obviously, if you're the only person living at the address it's easy to keep track of orders.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I had a scam and the opposite with a credit card, it took months, it was a Chinese Hong Kong scam.

I ordered some 10kg free weights from online via a platform. I followed and checked via track and trace as the package made its way through the system.

It arrived very late and it was an envelope containing teeth whitening sticks valued at about 20 baht. Nothing to do with what I had ordered.

After constant correspondence,their bank in Hong Kong refused to refund to my bank on various technicalities, saying the seller had attempted to resolve the matter.

The seller had offered my 1/3  cash refund on goods ordered back to my credit card, after they apologized and blamed it on warehouse problem. It should have been full refund and they just wouldn't do it. They kept saying keep the whitening sticks and we will refund 1/3 of the purchase price paid.

How does a warehouse confuse two free weights with teeth dental sticks?

It was a total scam that went on three months. I eventually accepted the 1/3 value as it was just too much hassle and it wasn't a huge amount, but imagine doing that many times over in a day like they were obviously doing?

They also said all refund postage etc was at my expense as they would only cover something like 45 baht. I tried to get my cheated money out  of principle but quit as it was just going on and on. The credit card company, based in Thailand knew it was a scam, but just kept asking for more and more information and asking me to resolve it with the seller

Yeah, that's a bad one. I guess it goes to show that not all credit card issuers are created equal. So far I've been lucky to avoid <deleted> like that.

• Like 1