Soundproof Condo Chiang Mai

Decaptcher

3 hours ago, Decaptcher said:

I chose to rent a detached house

Can't wait for your next post. 

I've been living in a detached house in a gated village for the last 20 years. 

Detached houses come with a whole lot of noisy issues, you're in Thailand, good luck mate. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Can't wait for your next post. 

I've been living in a detached house in a gated village for the last 20 years. 

Detached houses come with a whole lot of noisy issues, you're in Thailand, good luck mate. 

Let's see how that plays out. I'm not bothered by neighbors' noise, and use headphones most of the day. The problems are mostly related to privacy, and of course freedom to do what I want without having to worry about bothering a neighbor for taking a late call or typing too loud.

Edited by Decaptcher

On 7/23/2021 at 12:01 AM, EricTh said:

There's no such thing as soundproof condo because the condos are linked together top, bottom and adjacent.

Sure they are linked. But there can be still a relative good sound isolation.

I live in an older condominium in Bangkok. I didn't hear anything from my previous neighbor. Now there are new tenants and they like to shout at each other and sure I hear that. But most of the time I hear nothing - and I am sure the neighbors are in their apartment and I would be very surprised if they try to be quiet. The existing sound isolation seems to be good enough against everyday noise.

• Thanks 1

It is actually not difficult to find a very quiet condo anywhere in Thailand.

It is even possible to find a condo which is virtually without noise/sound of any kind detectable by the human ear.

Step One:  Buy the condo building.

Step Two:  Dig a cellar in the building, down to about 20 meters. And, make sure you use a diaphragm to stop water leaks intruding from underground water sources, especially from encroaching sea water in BKK.

Step Three: Use a minimum of one meter of concrete slab above your underground condo suite.

Step Four:  Install  a light transport system, such as heliostats, light pipes and fiber optics to bring sunlight to your underground suite so that things will not get too dark.

Different-light-pipe-technologies-A-Lenses-B-Hollow-prismatic-pipes-C-light-rods.png.62c3152ee34e2f325a09141195290fde.png

Step Five: Enjoy your peaceful existence underground.  And, say, "Bye-Bye" to the sounds of roosters, all the livelong day.

1920px-Casa-grotta-matera-8mm.thumb.jpg.c7a728c48ca7fda1b2bb9feaf932a4cf.jpg

Step Six:  Invite your noisy friends for an underground rock concert.

NOTE: Without any facetiousness, whatsoever, I dream of a quite space such as we see in this image.  I am sure that there are many in Thailand would would be happy to move to a place like this, tomorrow, or even tonight.