More tigers found in Thailand’s nature, as world marks International Tiger Day Thursday

webfact

7 hours ago, harada said:

Disclosing the location won’t help their chances of survival much.

I remember a documentary about Kaeng Krachan on the National Geographic Channel about 15 years ago, and how they discovered quite a few tigers there. Ten years later they looked again and couldn’t find evidence of the presence of a single tiger anymore. 

• Sad 1

„Thailand is one of 13 countries deemed to be natural habitats of tigers and the country aims to double their population by the end of next year.“

Ooha! They borrowed the calculator from TAT …!

6 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

I remember a documentary about Kaeng Krachan on the National Geographic Channel about 15 years ago, and how they discovered quite a few tigers there. Ten years later they looked again and couldn’t find evidence of the presence of a single tiger anymore. 

Kaeng Krachan has just been added to UNESCO’s World Heritage List:  The decision to add Kaeng Krachan Forest Complex was made at the World Heritage Committee’s 44th  session, held online and chaired from Fuzhou, China. The session will continue through to 31 July 2021.

https://www.traveldailymedia.com/thailands-kaeng-krachan-forest-complex-added-to-world-heritage-list/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Damrongsak said:

Kaeng Krachan has just been added to UNESCO’s World Heritage List:  The decision to add Kaeng Krachan Forest Complex was made at the World Heritage Committee’s 44th  session, held online and chaired from Fuzhou, China. The session will continue through to 31 July 2021.

https://www.traveldailymedia.com/thailands-kaeng-krachan-forest-complex-added-to-world-heritage-list/

It is a huge and beautiful national park, no doubt about that, but poachers seem to know their way around there as well and I’m not sure there’s a single tiger left. Really hope I’m wrong, though.

But the thing is that the less tigers there are in the wild, the more valuable the next one will be that they kill. And so on and so forth, until there are aren’t any left. 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, phetphet said:

I wonder if they have camping in that national park. Tigers and tents. Hmmm.

Don’t worry. If there are any tigers left in Kaeng Krachan, they will keep out of sight, deep in the forest, well away from any human activities