Driver blames road for being “too dark and not well lit” after smashing into a trailer truck in Pattaya

webfact

4 hours ago, Thujone said:

Maybe there should be an addition to the film that must be watched when getting or renewing a driving license.

When on a dark/badly-lit road, don't drive hell-for-leather and hope for the best.

No point. No-one watches it anyway. They're all looking at their phones instead. Now, if they tested people on what they had just (not) watched instead of just showing it......

• Like 1

"The driver blamed the road for being too dark and not having enough lights for the accident and not his driving skills."

I - for one - could like to see only once a Thai to admit a mistake. Neither darkness nor insufficient light caused the accident, it was him, his missing driving skills or attention or his intoxication or a combination of any. Same with anything else which goes wrong. 

And yes, if it can go wrong then Somchai ensures - without fail - that it not only certainly goes wrong but that it is anybody else's but his fault. Welcome to grown-up Thailand in the 21st century! 

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HampiK said:

Maybe too dark film at the front window? I see many car who have in front that dark you can not look inside at all. So this will be problematic in nighttime, because this mean more difficult to look out! 
Maybe not the street are too dark, but the light not enough to compensate the dark film.

Dark film is illegal in Thailand for obvious reasons which you describe, But, well, you know...... Why pick that law to enforce when no others are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HampiK said:

Maybe too dark film at the front window? I see many car who have in front that dark you can not look inside at all. So this will be problematic in nighttime, because this mean more difficult to look out! 
Maybe not the street are too dark, but the light not enough to compensate the dark film.

I had the American film( dont recall  the name) works like specs, dark in the day but ok  at night, it was about 3x the price.

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

No point. No-one watches it anyway. They're all looking at their phones instead. Now, if they tested people on what they had just (not) watched instead of just showing it......

When i went for  my initial 2 year the thai man next to me was asleep all the way through and i didn't understand much as all in Thai,  on my renewal to 6 year i only did the traffic light and depth perception, the young girl before me could not do the footbrake test her dad showed her a couple of times but she still couldn't get the foot on the pedal in time, but she sat with me waiting her licence, i have been rear  ended twice in the past year both in Bangers and before seeing the driver wonder if its going to be the young girl with her dad shouting at her.

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I'm not sure, but I don't think in my 25+ years here I've ever read of a Thai admitting they were wrong. My favourite tale from a number of years ago involved someone trying to buy a regional bus ticket for a journey he had made many times before. The girl selling insisted there was no bus at that time, so he went to fetch someone from the information desk who told her that yes, there was a bus at that time. Still she refused to sell him the ticket as she'd lose face, and he was forced to take a later bus.

Yes that a Thai for sure

It's always someone else's fault , 

Driving home one dark moonless night, in the distance

i could just make out a small red light swaying back 

and forth, I thought a drunk on a bike, must be careful,

so slowed down as I got nearer.... it turned out to be an

Elephant been walked along the road,with a little red

light attached to its tail.  parked trailer truck to Elephant

you have to drive with caution in the dark.....????

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

If I were cop, I would charge both drivers.

The parked truck doesn't enough clean reflectors on the rear. There maybe a law that says commercial  parked on a highway must put a reflective triangle behind their vehicle x meters.

The guy that crashed into the parked truck, he was going to fast, over drove his headlights, in other words, couldn't stop within the lighting distance of his headlights.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sydebolle said:

"The driver blamed the road for being too dark and not having enough lights for the accident and not his driving skills."

I - for one - could like to see only once a Thai to admit a mistake. Neither darkness nor insufficient light caused the accident, it was him, his missing driving skills or attention or his intoxication or a combination of any. Same with anything else which goes wrong. 

And yes, if it can go wrong then Somchai ensures - without fail - that it not only certainly goes wrong but that it is anybody else's but his fault. Welcome to grown-up Thailand in the 21st century! 

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Have you ever been here?

5 hours ago, HampiK said:

I thought this type of film had been made illegal?  With few farangs to prey on, it could be a nice little earner for Pattaya Plod.